Lolabelle
27-Jan-07, 06:07
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/100_0856.jpg

Lolabelle
27-Jan-07, 06:09
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/K2.jpg

carasmam
27-Jan-07, 13:56
Beautiful dogs Lolabell. What are their names ? :)

Lolabelle
28-Jan-07, 12:39
Thank you, the top one is Lola, taken about 18 months ago, she is more mature looking now, and Kruger is the second. He is 3 and that was taken a couple of weeks ago, for a lady who wanted to mate him with her girl. He is really well bred. His dad is from Holland. Champion everything apparently.
Lola has lots of good points, but shocking conformation in the hind end. She is wiggley like a worm.

North Rhins
29-Jan-07, 21:53
Do ridgebacks suffer from hip dysplasia?

Lolabelle
29-Jan-07, 22:24
Yeah, they can, both my dogs have been scored. Kruger is really good, but poor ole Lola didn't do so well. That is partially why wh had her desexed. She isn't worth breeding with. But she is a very clever girl.

North Rhins
29-Jan-07, 23:10
I used to breed Labradors some years ago and I had a lot of trouble hip scores. I actually gave away two chocolate bitches because their scores were so high I couldn’t use them for breeding. One of my sons now breeds labs and it would seem that the acceptable hip scores are going up year on year. What passes today wouldn’t have even been considered ten to fifteen years ago. I’m sorry about your one. I hear that glucosamine and extract of New Zealand green lipped mussel can help.

Lolabelle
30-Jan-07, 05:42
Same as for Arthritis, what is hip displaysia exactly anyway? Is it like arthritis. I don't breed, I have inherited both my dogs from my brother in law who no longer breeds ridgeys and is just breeding English Mastiffs, but he didn't want to get rid of them altogether so I have them. He still owns Kruger and I bought Lola.

buggyracer
31-Jan-07, 17:28
Same as for Arthritis, what is hip displaysia exactly anyway? Is it like arthritis. I don't breed, I have inherited both my dogs from my brother in law who no longer breeds ridgeys and is just breeding English Mastiffs, but he didn't want to get rid of them altogether so I have them. He still owns Kruger and I bought Lola.

hip displaysia is when the ball and socket joint of the hip do not fit correctly and with time it is painfull for the dog to run, another is a luxating pattella (sp) when it pops out and in, in mild cases the dog learns to pop it back in on its own and its doesent cause any distress but in severe cases it causes a lot of pain, the later is more common in smaller dogs.

i have just written the above from memory so if i have it back to front dont blame me :(

Lolabelle
01-Feb-07, 05:21
hip displaysia is when the ball and socket joint of the hip do not fit correctly and with time it is painfull for the dog to run, another is a luxating pattella (sp) when it pops out and in, in mild cases the dog learns to pop it back in on its own and its doesent cause any distress but in severe cases it causes a lot of pain, the later is more common in smaller dogs.

i have just written the above from memory so if i have it back to front dont blame me :(

I remember now, I have been told that before. I must have sort of forgotten though. Not nice either way for the dogs.:eek:

brandy
20-Feb-07, 16:01
ridgebacks are such beautiful dogs.. i always admire them when im out and see them!
yours are lovley hun! they are so noble looking! *G*