PDA

View Full Version : Usergroup

Kaishowing
27-Jan-07, 03:06
Just wondering if the Usergroup is making any real progress or not?
Things have been very quiet on that front recently......Perhaps an update from time to time would be appreciated, to save those of us not directly connected having to wade through it all.
Perhaps it would also serve to show everyone (including those involved) a clear chart of work done, and work still to do.
Also it would be nice for members to be able to comment on the progress or lack of progress they see happening on their behalf.

trinkie
27-Jan-07, 11:41
Hallo Kaishowing,

I'm not sure what you mean. You say you would like a Report from time to time stating how things are going .. why do you feel that is necessary?
I would hate to see Reports here, this is where we come to get away from such things.
If I feel there is a problem or something which ought to be rectified, then I write to one of the User Group Members, and it is put right - IF they feel it needs to be changed.
The Group has been elected and now we must put our trust in them. I think they are all very busy people and are doing their best to keep things in order. Any ''Reports'' would add to their work load and put folk off becoming User Group Members.
Just my thoughts - as I say I hate Reports ! Sounds too Official for me !

Regards
Trinkie

Kaishowing
27-Jan-07, 13:25
I wasn't suggesting some dry detailed catalogue of issues discussed, just a broad outline of whats been done. There are so many lengthy threads in the UG section that unless you're directly involved (a member of the UG yourself) you're not going to want to fight your way through it all.
I realise that the UG membes may be busy, and the extra involvment of the UG may take some time, but just a general notification from time to time shouldn't take any longer than an average post here.

You said 'put folk off becoming User Group Members'......That sounds like you consider the UG to be a permenant entity....I was under the impression that it was to exist only until certain issues were ironed out.
If this policy has changed since the original election of the UG members, that's exactly the sort of thing (IMO) that should be in the 'report'.

Torvaig
27-Jan-07, 15:25
If the user group can take the time to post all they have on the forum, we can take the time to read it if we wish to know what is going on. IMHO

Kaishowing
27-Jan-07, 15:40
It would be nice to have a brief synopsis however, without having to wade through page after page of discussion over details, but as things are unless you read the entire thread on each subject which can run into pages, you're none the wiser.
IMHO alot of people avoid lengthy posts already, so short reports would be welcomed.

Torvaig
27-Jan-07, 16:05
I see your point.
P.S. I like your signature!

henry20
27-Jan-07, 16:19
maybe it would be worth suggesting that they had a 'sticky' within the user group that highlighted key changes/advancements. If there was just one member of the user group responsible for it, then it could be one post per change and it would act as a summary of the progress.

:)

Piglet
27-Jan-07, 17:27
good suggestion Henry20 :D

jinglejangle
27-Jan-07, 20:51
good suggestion henry20 - i often have a look in the usergroup section but as stated find it difficult to understand what has actually been agreed when wading through pages of proposals!

i was on-line when 'everything turned nasty' a couple of months ago and people were shouting for such a group to be set up and am therefore surprised at the [apparent] lack of progress. i know people are busy but just thought more would have come forward by now. and before anyone says i should have volunteered myself i never suggested a user group and felt the whole situation got out of control!:D