PDA

View Full Version : Care Homes in Wick

secretsquirrel
30-Jun-13, 12:10
having read Doanalsin's Diary about "AN unnanounced inspection has resulted in a block being placed on new admissions to Seaview House care home in Wick. Brian Robertson, NHS head of adult social care said: "Admissions by NHS Highland to Seaview are suspended pending completion of actions by the provider to meet the requirements of the Care Inspectorate. NHS Highland will review the position in light of an improvement in the grading subject to inspection by the CI."" What is going on with care of the elderly etc, this being the 2nd Care Home in Wick with a poor report this year?

Big Gaz
30-Jun-13, 12:45
Here we go, care home bashing YET AGAIN! do you do this for a living or is it just a personal gripe with the Wick care homes?

secretsquirrel
30-Jun-13, 13:14
sorry big gaz I do not do the inspections all I do is point out what is happening. All I can say is I hope you do not have a relative in any of these homes?

Big Gaz
30-Jun-13, 18:26
yeah and you seem to be quite adept at pointing out the failures

Riverside House Care Home - Care Inspectorate Report (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?197821-Riverside-House-Care-Home-Care-Inspectorate-Report&p=1008775#post1008775)
Riverside House care Home (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?190749-Riverside-House-care-Home&p=986098#post986098)
Riverside House Care Home - closed to new residents? (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200735-Riverside-House-Care-Home-closed-to-new-residents&p=1017753#post1017753)

need i go on?

George Brims
01-Jul-13, 17:19
sorry big gaz I do not do the inspections all I do is point out what is happening. All I can say is I hope you do not have a relative in any of these homes?
Well I do. My mother is in Riverside House and has been for many years. I have nothing but good feelings about that place. It is excellent.

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jul-13, 18:50
My daughter volunteered there and never had a bad word to say about the place. The only criticism she had was the stairs. Let's face it that's not an issue for some there.

wavy davy
01-Jul-13, 22:46

My sister is in Riverside. She doesn't have a bad word to say about the place - quite the opposite. When I visit her I am always impressed with the general atmosphere and the caring attitude of the staff. Maybe you have some direct experience you can share with us?

secretsquirrel
07-Jul-13, 15:06
Riverside House Care Home - is not the home in the report it is Seaview.

All I can say if Riverside is such a good home, why did over 5 residents move out after the last Inspection report come out?????

Have heard that the Care Inspetorate has just been in Riverside House Care Home - lets hope for all its residents that its a good report?

Big Gaz
07-Jul-13, 16:35
you seem to be very well clued up on whats happening with all the care homes and really enjoy boring us all to death with your constant postings on them but maybe thats a good thing because if you bore enough of us to death, we won't have to endure such pitiful surroundings in a later age as you claim they are.

Geo
18-Jul-13, 02:31
What is going on with care of the elderly etc, this being the 2nd Care Home in Wick with a poor report this year?

Is the block because of poor care?

mi16
18-Jul-13, 12:44
yeah and you seem to be quite adept at pointing out the failuresRiverside House Care Home - Care Inspectorate Report (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?197821-Riverside-House-Care-Home-Care-Inspectorate-Report&p=1008775#post1008775)Riverside House care Home (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?190749-Riverside-House-care-Home&p=986098#post986098)Riverside House Care Home - closed to new residents? (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?200735-Riverside-House-Care-Home-closed-to-new-residents&p=1017753#post1017753)need i go on?Are you suggesting the OP is wrong to highlight these failings in elderly care?

Shaggy
18-Jul-13, 14:01
Are you suggesting the OP is wrong to highlight these failings in elderly care?

Im suggesting the OP give it a rest as they are constantly whingeing on here about care homes. I'm not the only one complaining at SS either as they have made many threads attacking the care homes and its the same drivel every time. One thread is enough. Care for the elderly should always be the best and those who have responded on here dont have any issues about the level of car given out at Riverside and neither did i when my elderly mother was in there. If there are issues within the care home then the report itself will ensure steps are taken to remedy it and not someone with a chip on their shoulder bleating all over the org. end of!

Gronnuck
18-Jul-13, 15:37
having read Doanalsin's Diary about "AN unnanounced inspection has resulted in a block being placed on new admissions to Seaview House care home in Wick. Brian Robertson, NHS head of adult social care said: "Admissions by NHS Highland to Seaview are suspended pending completion of actions by the provider to meet the requirements of the Care Inspectorate. NHS Highland will review the position in light of an improvement in the grading subject to inspection by the CI."" What is going on with care of the elderly etc, this being the 2nd Care Home in Wick with a poor report this year?

Do you really need to ask?
You could have gone online and read for yourself the Care Service Inspection Report of their unannounced visit/inspection on the 23 May 2013. For 'Care and Support' they were rated '2' which is 'weak'; for 'Quality of Environment' they were rated '2' which is 'weak'; For 'Quality of Staff' they were rated '3' which is 'adequate' and for 'Quality of management and leadership' they were rated '2' which is 'weak'. All the details are there in 44 pages of black and white for you to read - if you can be bothered.
You will have to ask Brian Robertson why admissions to Seaview are suspended. I don't know if the details of his decision is a matter of public record. It could just be that Seaview does not have any vacancies at the moment.
If you know anything about care for the elderly you might appreciate the work that's involved. All homes have grades that move up and down dependent upon a whole variety of circumstances. The Care Service Inspectorate carry out both announced and unannounced inspections to keep care providers on their toes. They would soon tell us if there was a major problem.