PDA

View Full Version : The Stones at Glastonbury

secrets in symmetry
29-Jun-13, 22:56
Mick Taylor is on stage with them! Awesome. :cool:

Kevin Milkins
30-Jun-13, 00:17
I turned the telly on just after they came on stage and thought I had tuned into an episode of spitting image, although I did watch it all the way through and enjoyed the performance.
I have always marvelled at Mick dancing, he looks like a stick insect having an epileptic fit.

secrets in symmetry
30-Jun-13, 00:26
I thought Mick was about to collapse on more than one occasion. He's amazing for a man of almost 70!

It's a pity we didn't get to see the whole show on TV.

gerry4
30-Jun-13, 11:06
It's a pity we didn't get to see the whole show on TV.

That is the fault of The Stones themselves, they did not want the BBC to show it at all. Wonder how much the BBC had to pay them to allow that hour to be shown.

secrets in symmetry
30-Jun-13, 13:18
That is the fault of The Stones themselves, they did not want the BBC to show it at all. Wonder how much the BBC had to pay them to allow that hour to be shown.I read somewhere that the Stones initially wanted to restrict the BBC to showing only three songs.

sids
30-Jun-13, 18:26
Mick Taylor is on stage with them! Awesome. :cool:

It was about time they employed a musician again!

secrets in symmetry
30-Jun-13, 19:18
It was about time they employed a musician again!Yes, Mick T was the best guitarist they had. :cool:

sids
30-Jun-13, 21:23
Played some tunes and stepped back again. It's understandable: he's an attraction, but they want it still to be a Mick/Keef/Ronnie/Charlie Stones gig.