PDA

View Full Version : jobs for a almost 13 year old

strathnaver
29-Jun-13, 19:16
Does any one know of a job a 12 nearly 13 year old can do in a small community. if so please comment below.

Rangers1
29-Jun-13, 20:55
A paper round mayb

John Little
29-Jun-13, 21:34
There are three things which might invite people to pay money. 1. Feeding pets while people are away. 2. Mowing lawns . 3. Washing cars. Or. Windows at ground level. A notice in the community board...

strathnaver
30-Jun-13, 08:43
A paper round mayb
in our community the papers get delived by the post or picked up at the post office

strathnaver
30-Jun-13, 08:50
thanks you John this helps alot thanks again

Big Gaz
30-Jun-13, 10:03
you could also add cleaning the inside of cars as well as washing them. providing a light shopping service for older residents, dog walking & pet grooming, weeding gardens & general tidying of them. Theres so much a youngster can do but its really down to what resources you have in the area to work on. I was lucky as a 12 year old youngster as there was a private hire / bus depot & a builders merchant next to where i lived and so my Saturday & Sunday was sorted cleaning the vehicles and tools etc for a couple years then when i got older i was washing windows at 14, (upstairs too) along with shops and offices and i also cleaned them inside and out for double the money (local window cleaner wasn't happy mind you lol) Also was taken on as a delivery boy with the local dairy, 5am start until 7am for £4 a week then i would go and do my 120 door paper run at 15 which gave me another £4 a week & tips. I was doing quite well until i turned 16 when it was time to register with the broo and was immediately thrown onto the first YOP scheme in Scotland as there wasn't any work locally but that really put paid to my income as i had to start at 8 and finished at 5 and had an hours bus journey each way for a grand total of £27.50 so the paper round and window round were sold.....then i grew up, moved away, got a decent job and got lazy :-)

strathnaver
30-Jun-13, 19:36
thanks well where I am there is only a few houses and the nearest village is Bettyhill 7 miles away so transport will be a problem but thanks for the help