PDA

View Full Version : Very Large Shed

philupmaboug
04-Mar-05, 18:04
I was informed yesteday that the very large shed that has appeared at Janets Town Thurso was granted building permission as it is a "temporary structure", can any one throw light on this for me as I am amazedif this is true, and can we can all get permission for these very large sheds?

~~Tides~~
04-Mar-05, 18:17
Something to do with ?Sodium? from the cooling system at dounreay.

The new building for JGC Engineering & Technical Services now has its cladding completely on. The large building will shortly be ready for work inside. Caithness can now has one of the most modern engineering test facilities in Scotland.

Seabird
04-Mar-05, 20:05
I read some where that 16 feet by eight feet is all you are permitted in your garden with out planning permission.
I did hear though, that if its part of the decommissioning process then you can avoid local planning regulations.( get a small sub-contract, you can then build what you like)

gleeber
05-Mar-05, 23:25
Its a fine shed and it doesnt bother me a bit.
I noticed some letters of complaint to the local paper concerning the planning procedures and was amused to see that the main objector was someone who had already made his packet at Dounreay and, who knows, may have been partly responsible for the hotspots turning up on the caithness beaches at the moment.
I wonder sometimes what all the moaning is about.
I think windmills are great and would be delighted to live in one. ;)