PDA

View Full Version : What are you ?

Alexander Rowe
04-Mar-05, 12:49
Political Compass, apologies if this has been posted before.

www.politicalcompass.org

Im around Ariel Sharon on the international map, which is slighty right.

Economic left/right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.72

Will make sense after you've taken the test.

Rheghead
04-Mar-05, 13:26
Right wing 6.67
Authoritarian 6.75

Around the Maggie Thatcher area, but I did lie

When truthful I was

left wing -2.25

Authoritarian 1.75

Nearest chappie was the Pope?

squidge
04-Mar-05, 13:31
Im here

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

somewhere around Ghandi and Nelson Mandela!!!!!

i liked that Mr Rowe

Thanks !!!

Riffman
04-Mar-05, 13:57
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

Near Ghandi......

dpw39
04-Mar-05, 13:59
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.97

Some very ambiguous and restricted questions amongst that lot.

Ciao,

Dave the Rave
:cool:

golach
04-Mar-05, 14:21
Economic left/right -4.7
Scocial Libertarian / Authoritarian 0.41
Golach

brandy
04-Mar-05, 14:23
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

jjc
04-Mar-05, 15:37
B-L-Imey! :eek:

Okay, I’ve seen this test before and I came out somewhat left and liberal… but my results this time seem severe even to me…

Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

It seems that arguing with some of you right-wing, authoritarian freaks is driving me to opposite extremes! ;)

Highland Laddie
04-Mar-05, 16:34
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

DrSzin
04-Mar-05, 16:53
Nah, jjc, the questions are deliberately set to polarise the results. They even tell you this in the FAQ; they tell you that some questions will annoy you, and they explain why they don't have an "I don't know" option. I found that I neither agreed nor disagreed with a large number of the propositions (usually because they were deliberately leading or provocative), but I certainly wouldn't have answered "I don't know" to any of them.

As for the final results themselves, the scale seems to be set by both Western-European and American values and opinions. I suspect this is one of the reasons why almost everyone on here is supposedly much more authoritarian than they are right wing. (Of course, most of them are more authoritarian than right wing -- just look at some of their posts on other threads if you have forgotten -- but not that much more.) Compared with the US, we are a bunch of lefties in this country. Brandy, you seem to be one of us. Congratulations and welcome. :D

However, the test claimed I was a good bit more left wing than I am liberal, and that is just a piece of nonsense -- by Western European standards at least.

Nice to see Highland Laddie buck the trend, so perhaps I am being unduly critical and things will average out in the end.

Even so, it would probably be very easy to fix up the test and do a better analysis. They don't even have scales on their axes for goodness' sake! Who gets a score of (0,0)? What are Tony Blair's numerical scores? A big red dot on axes with no scales tells us rather little, and it certainly doesn't tell me exactly where I sit relative to him.

Bah, typical innumerate pseudo science. :D

But then you all expected me to say that anyway. :D

jjc
04-Mar-05, 17:07
I found that I neither agreed nor disagreed with a large number of the propositions (usually because they were deliberately leading or provocative)
Not I… I found I was quite able to answer all of the questions definitively and, although there were some very leading questions, I liked where I was being led! ;)

As for the final results themselves, the scale seems to be set by both Western-European and American values and opinions. :D
Bah! Humbug! :D

Anyway... what were your scores?

Rheghead
04-Mar-05, 17:08
So Doc, what did you score?

DrSzin
04-Mar-05, 17:09
Anyway... what were your scores?
I don't publish results I don't believe. :cool:

Gawd, now I am failing to use the Quote facility correctly -- twice!

jjc
04-Mar-05, 17:11
Then we shall have to make them up for you :D

I think you're a fence-sitter:

Economic Left/Right: 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0

DrSzin
04-Mar-05, 17:13
Well, your results are probably a little more accurate than theirs, but that's not saying much.

But where is the fence?

jjc
04-Mar-05, 17:24
But where is the fence?
Nestled gently between your rosy red... [this section removed to save Colin having to bother]

;)

~~Tides~~
04-Mar-05, 18:15
Slap bang on top of Gandhi!

Rheghead
04-Mar-05, 18:18
Slap bang on top of Gandhi!

We were all left-wing libertarians when young. Give it a few years then take the test.

~~Tides~~
04-Mar-05, 18:20
How old was Gandhi though? :confused About 140?

Rheghead
04-Mar-05, 18:21
Some people never change!! :lol:

2little2late
04-Mar-05, 18:44
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

zappster
04-Mar-05, 19:05
economic l/r -3.75
social libertarian/auth -0.56
n ats me

George Brims
04-Mar-05, 20:55
Economic L/R -8.5
Social libertarian/authoritarian -6.1

I'm just a wee bit below Ghandi.

lassieinfife
04-Mar-05, 21:24
Just wish to heck i knew what it means lol

Naefearjustbeer
05-Mar-05, 11:17
Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

now if I could work out what it means???

lassieinfife
09-Dec-05, 21:36
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

Errrrrrr not sure I understand where i stand:confused: :p

RandomHero
09-Dec-05, 22:00
I'm the Dalai Lama

cullbucket
09-Dec-05, 22:05
round about ghandi and nelson mandela area.... spose i'd better start being good.

Kenn
09-Dec-05, 23:23
Well it just confirmed what I have known for years, that I am economically well to the left and a libertarian to boot. Move over Nelson Mandela , Ghandi and The Pope!

Julia
09-Dec-05, 23:58
I seem to be between Ghandi, Nelson and Dalai, as our beliefs are so similar I'm assuming first name terms are acceptable

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

hereboy
10-Dec-05, 18:09
round about ghandi and nelson mandela area.... spose i'd better start being good.

I came in about Mandela and the Dalai Lama - maybe my posts about Maggie were a wind up after all?

hereboy
10-Dec-05, 18:32
Nah, jjc, the questions are deliberately set to polarise the results. They even tell you this in the FAQ; they tell you that some questions will annoy you, and they explain why they don't have an "I don't know" option. I found that I neither agreed nor disagreed with a large number of the propositions (usually because they were deliberately leading or provocative), but I certainly wouldn't have answered "I don't know" to any of them.

As for the final results themselves, the scale seems to be set by both Western-European and American values and opinions. I suspect this is one of the reasons why almost everyone on here is supposedly much more authoritarian than they are right wing. (Of course, most of them are more authoritarian than right wing -- just look at some of their posts on other threads if you have forgotten -- but not that much more.) Compared with the US, we are a bunch of lefties in this country. Brandy, you seem to be one of us. Congratulations and welcome. :D

However, the test claimed I was a good bit more left wing than I am liberal, and that is just a piece of nonsense -- by Western European standards at least.

Nice to see Highland Laddie buck the trend, so perhaps I am being unduly critical and things will average out in the end.

Even so, it would probably be very easy to fix up the test and do a better analysis. They don't even have scales on their axes for goodness' sake! Who gets a score of (0,0)? What are Tony Blair's numerical scores? A big red dot on axes with no scales tells us rather little, and it certainly doesn't tell me exactly where I sit relative to him.

Bah, typical innumerate pseudo science. :D

But then you all expected me to say that anyway. :D

With an answer like that - its you that should be the politician!!