PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! Spam email

Beat Bug
21-Jun-13, 09:15
Just got an email thanking me for my payment to Skype, and inviting me to click on a link if I didn't authorise it. THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK! Instead, forward the email to: spoof@paypal.com

Kodiak
21-Jun-13, 12:37
If I posted here every time I received an e-mail like the one you describe, I would be posting at least 100 a week. I am sure most people know by now not to click on any link in any e-mail that they receive.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-13, 13:36
If I posted here every time I received an e-mail like the one you describe, I would be posting at least 100 a week. I am sure most people know by now not to click on any link in any e-mail that they receive.One would assume that to be the case, but many users are just starting out on the road to Internet knowledge and need a little help form the better informed. Thanks for posting Beat Bug.

badger
21-Jun-13, 17:10
If I posted here every time I received an e-mail like the one you describe, I would be posting at least 100 a week. I am sure most people know by now not to click on any link in any e-mail that they receive.

I agree you would think that but I've been shocked by how many people don't. Most of us I'm sure get spam emails of one kind or another regularly - either with dodgy links or someone mugged in Spain (or wherever) needing money - but I suppose people who don't use their email very much are still not aware. Companies always advise never to click on links but if you get an email apparently from a friend it must be tempting to assume it's OK.