PDA

View Full Version : Mens Tights

connieb19
25-Jan-07, 13:17
According to Mark Hayes, the Fashion 'expert' on Lorraine Kelly's sofa, the next trend for men - "It's going to be big" - will be man tights.

What do the men on here think? Will you be wearing them? :eek: :eek:

http://www.purpleunicorn.shoppingcartsplus.com/menstights.html

jamieS
25-Jan-07, 13:20
I don't think I will be rushing out to buy a pair.

I had a good laugh though looking at the link.

cuddlepop
25-Jan-07, 13:20
Ask any man who has to work outside in this weather and I'm sure he'll tell you he pinches the wife's tights or gets a girlfriend to buy him some.
They work wonders apparently for keeping the cold out of all their wee nookes and craneys.:lol:

Saveman
25-Jan-07, 13:21
Some of us wear tights for a living.

They're aerodynamic ok?

connieb19
25-Jan-07, 13:24
Some of us wear tights for a living.

They're aerodynamic ok?Ah!! You'll know thw answer to my next question then. What's a "working codpiece"? :eek:

Saveman
25-Jan-07, 13:25
It's a working codpiece, as a apposed to a malfunctioning codpiece which may affect aerodynamics.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

candyfloss
25-Jan-07, 13:43
Would they wear them under their trousers to keep a bit warmer :confused:

I know what my other half would think if i bought him a pair of man tights and i know what he'd tell me to do with them :lol:

I don't think i want him wearing tights anyway. eek

Angela
25-Jan-07, 13:45
Ah!! You'll know thw answer to my next question then. What's a "working codpiece"? :eek:
Presumably the codpiece is...um...adjustable ??? :confused

trinkie
25-Jan-07, 15:18
Nothing new there - we were selling them in Scotland nearly thirty years ago.
They were manufactured by a well known Scottish company.

Men were wearing them - believe me, I know !

octane
25-Jan-07, 15:23
Theres no-way im admitting to wearing them before whilst freezing my gonads off in a workshop because the boss wouldnt alow the heating to be switched on. :roll:

canuck
25-Jan-07, 15:26
Now that some Canadians are up, have stretched and found the coffee pot, you will likely get a few responses from these parts where they have been used for generations to keep warm in the winter. Ours are more thermal in nature than your typical "tights", but new fabrics probably get them into the tight category. And don't runners have similar coverings on their legs when they go for those outdoor jogs?

golach
25-Jan-07, 15:34
They are nothing new, they have been used for a long time, a progression on "Long Johns" but with feet, they are very popular with male Skiers and can be found in many army navy store type shops.

danc1ngwitch
25-Jan-07, 15:51
bets they sell... open market for the role-players.. hell yeah, my mind is buzzing... ( for every day wear hmmmm no )

connieb19
25-Jan-07, 16:05
They are nothing new, they have been used for a long time, a progression on "Long Johns" but with feet, they are very popular with male Skiers and can be found in many army navy store type shops.Do wear yours over or under your pants Golach? :lol:

golach
25-Jan-07, 16:11
Do wear yours over or under your pants Golach?
Who said I wear pants, I might even go Commando :)
And if I did and only if, I am not Superman or Savey it would be over my boxers :)

rich
25-Jan-07, 16:33
The codpiece is the Englishman's sporran. They were big - lirterally - around the time of Henry VIII

the charlatans
25-Jan-07, 17:24
Robin Hood and Men in Tights.
Batman & Robin
Superman
and our very own Saveman! there's a market there.

but Mr Charlatans says he'll stick with the long johns thankyou!

nice one Connieb

North Rhins
25-Jan-07, 19:45
Many moons ago during my early motorcycling days, I wore the wife’s tights under my good old fashion Belstaff (nearly) waterproofs. I just prayed to god that I never ended up in A&E!

paris
25-Jan-07, 19:52
Lots of my motorbike friends wear them under jeans, not that they would ever confess ! jan x

Niall Fernie
26-Jan-07, 04:32
My legs are too hairy for tights, (this knowledge was procured during fancy dress, honest!!!), every time I moved, I plucked (or should that be dragged) a few more hairs from my legs. Anyway, my GF thinks that the hair on my legs looks like stockings anyway so why would I bother?

Graham
26-Jan-07, 04:59
I think I'll stick to stockings. :lol:

Graham

Lolabelle
26-Jan-07, 08:54
mmmm. The mind boggles. Dave could wear them around the house, but not out the door thanks. But in our climate, I think they would be a bit of an overkill. But when we were on the dairy, I used to wear mens long johns under my jeans. I didn't need the Y front though.