PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a Hard Neck

jaykay
25-Jan-07, 11:27
Roger Saxon is the Labour candidate standing for the Thurso seat on the "new look" Highland Council. He must be hoping that the people of Thurso have forgotten about his part in the Asda planning refusal!!

Whitewater
25-Jan-07, 11:34
I'm not too sure why, but something stinks inside the Highland Council with regard to granting planning permission to ASDA. Why are their no stores in Inverness??

jaykay
25-Jan-07, 12:11
Could it possibly be that Tesco (who seem to have a huge ammount of power over the Highland Council) don't want Asda were to get into the Highlands?

Moby
25-Jan-07, 12:12
Roger Saxon is the Labour candidate standing for the Thurso seat on the "new look" Highland Council. He must be hoping that the people of Thurso have forgotten about his part in the Asda planning refusal!!

Well you know what to do Jaykay - put yourself up for election and stand against him.

cuddlepop
25-Jan-07, 12:42
I'm not too sure why, but something stinks inside the Highland Council with regard to granting planning permission to ASDA. Why are their no stores in Inverness??
Its not just something within HC planning that stinks.
Its universal stinky;)

Angela
25-Jan-07, 13:02
Hasn't this always been the case with planning?

An awful lot of things that happened back in the 70s should "never have been allowed" -but they were unfortunately!:confused

jaykay
25-Jan-07, 16:30
Well you know what to do Jaykay - put yourself up for election and stand against him.
It's not a question of who is going to stand against him, it is the fact he has the cheek to even consider standing in the first place considering he was "one of the gang of three" who voted against the wishes of the majority of the Thurso people on the Asda planning issue.
On the other hand I am sure he will get the votes of anyone who particularly does not want Asda to get the go ahead at Pennyland.