PDA

View Full Version : Rescued Parrots

paris
24-Jan-07, 19:00
Im so excited i have to tell someone. As im a member of parrot rescue , i was asked last week if i would take on a cockatoo 10yrs and an african grey also 10 yrs old . Well they arrived last night and have settled in really well, but im told this TOO likes to go for trips in the car !! Hes really tame and is out his cage most of the day as is the grey . I now have 2 african greys...1 TOO ...1 amazon...and a parokeet . And yes i still have my name down for more . jan x:eek:

Liz
24-Jan-07, 19:41
That's great Jan. Well done!

So if we see someone with a cockatoo in the car we know it's you!:lol:

Any chance of some pics?

_Ju_
24-Jan-07, 22:46
The 10 year old african grey is a babyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :D

I don't want to teach the priest how to pray and I was going to ask in a pm, but then I thought maybe someone out there might be interested in the subject: I used to have a blue headed amazon, that in our ignorance ( and in the pet shop owners ignorance or greed) we killed by feeding it to much oily seed (ie: sunflower seed that the pet shop owner sold to us and insisted was what he should eat). It got fatty liver syndrome from which it is practically impossible to recover once it is symptomatic. Parrots and like should never be fed more than 25% oily seed (sunflower, peanuts, nuts). They need raw fruit and vegetables.

I still miss Captain Timber (Timmy for short).

stekar
24-Jan-07, 23:04
Where I once lived I used to regularly see a man who went shopping with a parrot. Sometimes it would stay in the car and other times he would bring it into the shops with him, perched on his shoulder! It was a delight to see.

I love parrots though never owned one.

paris
25-Jan-07, 12:47
The 10 year old african grey is a babyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :D

I don't want to teach the priest how to pray and I was going to ask in a pm, but then I thought maybe someone out there might be interested in the subject: I used to have a blue headed amazon, that in our ignorance ( and in the pet shop owners ignorance or greed) we killed by feeding it to much oily seed (ie: sunflower seed that the pet shop owner sold to us and insisted was what he should eat). It got fatty liver syndrome from which it is practically impossible to recover once it is symptomatic. Parrots and like should never be fed more than 25% oily seed (sunflower, peanuts, nuts). They need raw fruit and vegetables.

I still miss Captain Timber (Timmy for short).
Hi Ju, Yes i have heard of that before, Ive had parrots for about 20 yrs now, i did have a blue and gold macaw and a orange winged amazon, then when we were moving to caithness i sold them as i thought we were going to renovate an old building but ended up buying a new property so could of kept them. Alls well with the crew at the moment , their all getting on just fine. jan x

Liz i dont know how to add pics yet but will look into it . jan x

dozerboy
25-Jan-07, 13:42
I think you are doing a great service in doing what you are. Well done. Some photos would be nice if you can...........

_awayoflife_
29-Jan-07, 16:23
wow i would love a parrot they are beautiful! so loving!