PDA

View Full Version : Rivendell, Lochshell

Iffy
15-Jun-13, 16:43
Just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Glyn and Benjamin for their kindness today! Your thoughtfulness was very much appreciated. Such a lovely meal too. :).

poppett
15-Jun-13, 22:09
They are an ACE pair of guys........and the meals are pretty special too.

Sunday lunches, especially.

jacko
16-Jun-13, 10:21
ive never heard of this place, is it a cafe/resturaunt, what do they serve and where exactly is it???

Bobinovich
16-Jun-13, 11:06
It's at the old Lochshell garage, just a minute out of Wick on the Castletown road. It has a crackin' wee cafe with inexpensive but hot & delicious food (all day breakfast is just £4 IIRC!) but also has a garden centre, local produce store, & sells a variety of handmade wooden & other products, etc. Run by a father & son team who make you very welcome, and are easy to chat & get the craic with. My kids, who can be fussy eaters at the best of times, polish everything off without fail, which alone is enough to keep us going back. Go and try it - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

jacko
16-Jun-13, 11:15
thank,s Bob, think i will today.

Bobinovich
16-Jun-13, 11:17
I understand that their Sunday roast lunches are delicious, tho' I haven't been through to try them myself...

jacko
16-Jun-13, 11:22
as tempting as that sound s , wifes watching my food intake . :eek:

sids
16-Jun-13, 11:29
wifes watching my food intake . :eek:

Sneak out there and she won't see.

jacko
16-Jun-13, 21:08
Sneak out there and she won't see.

lol, she d see it on my waistline.... we were out there and had a breakfast, was great , great price .good food , plenty of it and great service. well worth a visit.

Bertieboy
17-Jun-13, 09:30
Agree, a great little place and food very reasonable. Keep up the good work boys.....:lol:

George Brims
18-Jun-13, 00:15
Nice to see a thread with nothing but positive comments in it. Will have to give them a try next time I cross the pond.

poppett
18-Jun-13, 18:05
Jacko.........earn brownie points.........take the wife out for sunday lunch to Rivendell. You won`t be disappointed.

poppett
18-Jun-13, 18:07
Well, George Brims, I was just thinking the same thoughts.

Discussed this at length today in a local autoshop about the negativity on the org just now.

This has gone a way to restoring my faith in human nature.

Iffy
18-Jun-13, 18:21
Yes, thank you to everyone who have posted positive comments on here ! It certainly does make a change from all the usual sniping, arguments and just general nastiness that seems to be on so many threads recently !

Glyn and Benjamin are very kind and considerate people, who just happen to make lovely meals, which are very affordable and are very welcoming to everyone !

jacko
18-Jun-13, 20:17
Jacko.........earn brownie points.........take the wife out for sunday lunch to Rivendell. You won`t be disappointed.

yeah, im fixing on doing just that , soon.

RecQuery
19-Jun-13, 11:52
Do they serve Lembas Bread?

porshiepoo
19-Jun-13, 13:14
Not been in for a few weeks but have to agree with everyone, great meals, fab prices and brilliant hosts. :)

gillygirl
20-Jun-13, 16:04
Great service, very friendly. Affordable appetising food. Tea good value at 80p! Good luck with the renovations!