PDA

View Full Version : John Thurso MP Speaks

Rheghead
24-Jan-07, 14:34
John 'fungus chops' Thurso asks questions in the house about undersea connectors.

John Thurso MP (http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2007-01-23a.1275.0&s=speaker%3A11280#g1275.5)

badger
24-Jan-07, 17:55
Why the insulting description? He's the most active and hardworking MP I've ever had and I've lived all over the UK. Always fighting our corner on one issue or another - even down to delivery overcharging. Don't think many people realise we're being threatened with massive pylons. I've never been a member of his party but gave up on party politics long ago and judge a man/woman by actions, not label.

Jeemag_USA
24-Jan-07, 22:40
Why the insulting description? He's the most active and hardworking MP I've ever had and I've lived all over the UK. Always fighting our corner on one issue or another - even down to delivery overcharging. Don't think many people realise we're being threatened with massive pylons. I've never been a member of his party but gave up on party politics long ago and judge a man/woman by actions, not label.

McLennan was the hardest working I ever saw and possibly David Steele, but John Thurso is a worthy successor, met him many times and worked for his father and with his brother, he is a pretty decent sort.

Its funny though, you notice the guy never really answered his question to the house, politicians are great at doing that, I refer you to this and that and the other and add in an obvious statement to go with it. I always thought listening to parliament was like suffering chinese water torture :)

Rheghead
24-Jan-07, 23:44
Where I come from, 'fungus chops' is a term of endearment.:lol:

I saw him on the telly last night with a full bushy beard, it took me by surprise from his usual Wilhelm II job.

ywindythesecond
25-Jan-07, 01:42
Where I come from, 'fungus chops' is a term of endearment.:lol:

I saw him on the telly last night with a full bushy beard, it took me by surprise from his usual Wilhelm II job.

Just studied your avatar for the first time Reggy. What are you doing with your hand in your pocket?

Just a term of endearment from where I come from!

MadPict
25-Jan-07, 01:48
Thats one gun you won't fit in your pocket.....

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/575/3g6a4.jpg

Fran
25-Jan-07, 02:55
I think john thurso is a great mp and he has done a great deal for caithness, eg he was a great help in getting the renal unit in caithness general hospital. He holds regular clinics and does what he says he will to help local people. He is as good as robert maclennan, and we are lucky to have him. He is very down to earth and very friendly.

gleeber
25-Jan-07, 09:50
Alternatively I would say John Sinclair is very lucky to have us.
He owns large lumps of Caithness because of an accident of birth and his takings when he sold Thurso river just recently must have been nice to say the least.
He entered parliament on a ticket of transforming the hereditary nature of the House of Lords but yet used the very same hereditary privaleges when choosing to use Thurso for his surname.
I have no doubt John is a hard working MP and a very presentable chap but thats what he gets very well paid for.

Rheghead
25-Jan-07, 16:16
I have no doubt that Margaret Thatcher was a hard working MP for her constituency, and she was always well presented, not a hair out of place.:roll:

ywindythesecond
26-Jan-07, 21:47
I have no doubt that Margaret Thatcher was a hard working MP for her constituency, and she was always well presented, not a hair out of place.:roll:

Still working hard in that pocket Reggy!

connieb19
26-Jan-07, 21:54
Dont forget he might be the sexiest man in the liberal Democrats. :confused :confused Does anyone know how the voting went?

http://www.libdemvoice.org/is-john-thurso-the-sexiest-man-in-the-liberal-democrats-357.html