PDA

View Full Version : We've got snow!!!......

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 10:18
Down 'ere in Surrey!!

And its causing chaos - its been a while since it snowed like that here.

looks pretty though!! :roll:

ett23
24-Jan-07, 11:09
How deep is it? Where I live - Tain - there's been a dusting but it's all gone now. Very disappointed - I was looking forward to snow ball fights and building snowmen with the kids! :lol:
It does look really pretty, but not much fun to drive in though!! :rolleyes:

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 11:19
about 6 inches - which is a lot for here!!!

Angela
24-Jan-07, 11:54
My word! Still nothing in Edinburgh altho' it's very cold and keeps LOOKING like snow...:confused

Scout
24-Jan-07, 13:31
Hi Victoria I used to come from Kent and have had a chat to a few who lives down there and they say in parts it is bad. BBC weather says they are going to get 15cm tonight should be interesting to see what happens with all that traffic down there

Angela
24-Jan-07, 14:35
Hi Victoria I used to come from Kent and have had a chat to a few who lives down there and they say in parts it is bad. BBC weather says they are going to get 15cm tonight should be interesting to see what happens with all that traffic down there

I've an aunt and some friends from Kent, and it always seems to have attracted a lot of snow, certainly more than the rest of the south...maybe somebody knows why?
Unfortunately my daughter's going down there to visit a friend on Friday...hope it clears up for her...and for all the other travellers...:confused

paris
24-Jan-07, 18:42
Im from Kent ! Last year they had quite a bit of snow but just a dusting so far like me now in lincs, just a dusting. Was told we were getting lots last night but it never happened. jan x

emb123
24-Jan-07, 18:50
We had about an inch of snow in North Herts when I woke up this morning that lingered for several hours - but it had all gone by mid afternoon.
No slush either :)

stekar
24-Jan-07, 23:21
So, why is it that when it snows round the London area it makes the national news?

When it snows in Scotland, we just get on with life.

I've always believed that ITV and BBC think no where north of Watford exists...

octane
25-Jan-07, 01:53
Ha....so much for Scotland supposedly having a bad reputation for bad weather. It seems to be over quite a few years now that south of the border are getting the full brunt of it.

Victoria
25-Jan-07, 11:12
Ha....so much for Scotland supposedly having a bad reputation for bad weather. It seems to be over quite a few years now that south of the border are getting the full brunt of it.

When I tell people that I want to move to Scotland they always say "why would you want to do that, the weather is awful"

I just laugh at them now and ask them if they've ever bothered to visit to find out themselves.

Oh by the way - its started to snow again here now!!