PDA

View Full Version : Wicks boy racers

BigSeXy
10-Jun-13, 23:27
i made a account to post just for this i don't usually make accounts or bother much with internet but,over the last few years it has got worse, especially pultney side and downtown..do these idiots not have a life? i wonder who is encouraging them and why have they been allowed to carry on with this..it is destroying our town...really surprised someone hasn't been knocked down and killed yet, it will end up happening in due course i guess,then people will take notice,
no wonder everyone is going to tescos its out the town and has less noise and hassle
it must be ever so empowering driving there 1.0L cars with big exhausts..i am so jealous.
kids under 21 should only be allowed to drive cars that are built to go 55mph max meaning no out of town trips
all you idiots who think your "cool" on the roads just know people are rolling there eyes at you because its pathetic
rant over

mi16
10-Jun-13, 23:43
Here we go again

PantsMAN
10-Jun-13, 23:52
i made a account to post just for this i don't usually make accounts

SNIP

rant over

Thanks for sharing!

mi16
10-Jun-13, 23:55
Very coincedental this thread is.Do we have a sock puppeteer in our midst?

BigSeXy
11-Jun-13, 03:27
Here we go again

Very coincedental this thread is.Do we have a sock puppeteer in our midst?

no idea of what you are talking about so i am confused as of what orifice you are talking out of - as i recollect you don't even live in caithness so what would you no next to diddly squat? are you trying to entice someone to this thread?? please keep your conspiracy theory's to yourself? as i could not care less for them i was merely stating a point/fact/truth! whatever you want to call it i have lived here for 42 years :)
shall i pull up thread apon thread of you dropping excrement on different topics( infact nah i have a life plus you would enjoy that because i know your type and i know right now you are sipping that coffee and pulling on them slippers and smoking that pipe getting ready for your 5 seconds of fame on caithness.org Well done!!), if whats being said in each thread is trending,it must be true?? you post nothing but derogatory remarks putting people down is this what you do to fill your day? or are you just lonely as i cant see someone with a mind-state like you having any/many friends. i don't mean to cause offense to you but like nature with someone of your pigheadedness its natural pecking order to take them out there " comfort zone " you need to find yourself something to do also possibly smile more often its free

also i see your name was wrong? mi61 yeah your special alright and 1 being your age group

carry on but don't expect a reply obviously i said to much and i didn't post it to have a ongoing rant/argument and i wont be brought into any kind of BS :)

dorothy scott
11-Jun-13, 03:44
Good point !!

BRIE
11-Jun-13, 09:41
i made a account to post just for this i don't usually make accounts or bother much with internet but,over the last few years it has got worse, especially pultney side and downtown..do these idiots not have a life? i wonder who is encouraging them and why have they been allowed to carry on with this..it is destroying our town...really surprised someone hasn't been knocked down and killed yet, it will end up happening in due course i guess,then people will take notice,
no wonder everyone is going to tescos its out the town and has less noise and hassle
it must be ever so empowering driving there 1.0L cars with big exhausts..i am so jealous.
kids under 21 should only be allowed to drive cars that are built to go 55mph max meaning no out of town trips
all you idiots who think your "cool" on the roads just know people are rolling there eyes at you because its pathetic
rant over

I dont think its any worse than it was 10 years ago, infact I think it was worse years ago! Most of the young drivers are aware of the rising costs of fuel & realise theres no point wasting there money driving erratically or round in circles for no reason.
I think your being rather unfair saying all kids under 21 should only be allowed to drive cars going 55 mph, not all young driver are irresponsible!

orkneycadian
11-Jun-13, 22:25
Most of the young drivers are aware of the rising costs of fuel & realise theres no point wasting there money driving erratically or round in circles for no reason.

Despite some of the highest fuel costs in the country, that doesnt seem to have had any effect here.

mi16
12-Jun-13, 23:21
It could be argued that the boy racers do a good job in supporting the economy.The more miles they drive the more fuel they buy, the more often they need to service their cars.They like to modify their cars hence buy accessories etc and pay to get them fitted.They burn out their tyres (on private land obviously) they need to buy more.As said earlier the amount of cars touring about wick and Thurso is a fraction of what there was 15 years ago, most likely because a night on the drink is now cheaper than a night driving about.

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:24
Can we send you some of ours then? A night on the drink here costs a bleeding fortune, and you have to watch out and not get mown down when staggering from the Georgian to the Torvhaug.

mi16
12-Jun-13, 23:28
I believe the yoof neck a skinful (or nostril full) at home then head out when well lubricated.Keeps the cost down.

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:30
Tried that. But as not a yoof anymore, I tend to fall asleep and wake up on Sunday morning.....

secrets in symmetry
12-Jun-13, 23:32
I believe the yoof neck a skinful (or nostril full) at home then head out when well lubricated.Keeps the cost down.Is that before or after they skid their fartmobiles up and and down the same street a million times?

golach
12-Jun-13, 23:33
Can we send you some of ours then? A night on the drink here costs a bleeding fortune, and you have to watch out and not get mown down when staggering from the Georgian to the Torvhaug.

But Buckfast and White Lightening cider is as cheap as chips they tell me

secrets in symmetry
Tried that. But as not a yoof anymore, I tend to fall asleep and wake up on Sunday morning.....After going out on a Friday night?

mi16
Is that before or after they skid their fartmobiles up and and down the same street a million times?As long as they are driving within the confines of the law what is the problem?

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:35
Therein lies the problem....

orkneycadian
12-Jun-13, 23:36
After going out on a Friday night?

It has almost been known!

mi16
12-Jun-13, 23:41
Therein lies the problem....If they are hooning about then surely that is a matter for the police.Do the orcadian police turn a blind eye to motoring offences?

secrets in symmetry
12-Jun-13, 23:45
It has almost been known!I think you need more practice. :cool:

orkneycadian
13-Jun-13, 00:06
I try, but am finding that its getting harder and harder....

hedgehogger
13-Jun-13, 12:05
Then to Mi6 response

[QUOTE=BigSeXy; as i recollect you don't even live in caithness

[QUOTE=BigSeXy; shall i pull up thread apon thread of you dropping excrement on different topics [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, for a new poster who has just made an account, you seem to know a lot about the posters on here.....

mi16
13-Jun-13, 13:17
Then to Mi6 response

Hmmm, for a new poster who has just made an account, you seem to know a lot about the posters on here.....

obviously a voyeur...

Earlhickey
13-Jun-13, 17:24
obviously a voyeur...
mi16 you seem to think there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick, or they can do what they like.
Someone's complained, and there is now speed bumps at Riverside, maybe it is a problem for someone, No?.

mi16
13-Jun-13, 17:33
mi16 you seem to think there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick, or they can do what they like.Someone's complained, and there is now speed bumps at Riverside, maybe it is a problem for someone, No?.If a car is taxed, insured, MOT'd, in a roadworthy condition and driven by a licensed driver then they can go where and when they choose.If motoring offences are being committed then its a job for the police.

Earlhickey
13-Jun-13, 18:05
If a car is taxed, insured, MOT'd, in a roadworthy condition and driven by a licensed driver then they can go where and when they choose.If motoring offences are being committed then its a job for the police.
Indeed I probably agree with all of that, might be different if it was past my or your front door tho, it's only a problem really for those directly affected, A local business or visitors to the town maybe, so who cares.

Rheghead
13-Jun-13, 18:39
The Government has restricted inexperienced motorcyclists to riding bikes of a capped engine power so I fully support them if they decided to roll that philosophy to cars, it is probably overdue anyway.

That said, The Green Party has policies which restrict speed limits on Scottish roads, eg cars will be restricted to 20mph in built up areas, yes 20mph, that will give cyclists a chance.

http://greenparty.org.uk/policies/transport-2010/transport-detail.html

ducati
13-Jun-13, 19:56
The Government has restricted inexperienced motorcyclists to riding bikes of a capped engine power so I fully support them if they decided to roll that philosophy to cars, it is probably overdue anyway.

That said, The Green Party has policies which restrict speed limits on Scottish roads, eg cars will be restricted to 20mph in built up areas, yes 20mph, that will give cyclists a chance.

http://greenparty.org.uk/policies/transport-2010/transport-detail.html

Great! But the polis can't enforce 30 and 40 limits so a bit pointless really.

mi16
13-Jun-13, 20:54
Indeed I probably agree with all of that, might be different if it was past my or your front door tho, it's only a problem really for those directly affected, A local business or visitors to the town maybe, so who cares.If you live with a road at the front door you need to expect traffic.

Rheghead
13-Jun-13, 20:58
Great! But the polis can't enforce 30 and 40 limits so a bit pointless really.

In that case the game is up for all of us who care about preventing deaths and injuries on the roads. We may as well raise the speed limit to 70mph in urban areas in order to decriminalise all those lovely racers.

starfish
13-Jun-13, 21:03
a lot of these little car they youngster are driving sound like they are flooring it but they are with in the speed limit so unless the exhausts are breaking the law for sound they are with in the law

hedgehogger
13-Jun-13, 21:12
We may as well raise the speed limit to 70mph in urban areas in order to decriminalise all those lovely racers.

They done that up Pulteney didnt they? at least it seems like it on Macrae Street at times

Earlhickey
13-Jun-13, 21:57
If you live with a road at the front door you need to expect traffic.
Can't be many people without a road at their house, same cars going past again and again with loud exhausts might begin to irritate you, No?

mi16
13-Jun-13, 22:44
Can't be many people without a road at their house, same cars going past again and again with loud exhausts might begin to irritate you, No?Exhausts need to meet European standards before being allowed on the market. What difference is there between the same car passing your house 100 times and 100 different cars passing your house?

Earlhickey
13-Jun-13, 22:57
Exhausts need to meet European standards before being allowed on the market. What difference is there between the same car passing your house 100 times and 100 different cars passing your house?
I agree all exhaust should meet the EU standard, some of them meet the maximum permissible levels, which is a lot louder than the minimum, a distinctive noise from a free flow big bore system would be a lot louder than an average system, don't you agree. So you would know when that car passes umpteen times.

mi16
13-Jun-13, 23:02
I agree all exhaust should meet the EU standard, some of them meet the maximum permissible levels, which is a lot louder than the minimum, a distinctive noise from a free flow big bore system would be a lot louder than an average system, don't you agree. So you would know when that car passes umpteen times.There is no minim level so obviously yes the max is much louder, but the important thing to remember is that it is perfectly legal, many motorcycles in standard trim are louder than a cars sports exhaust.My point was what does matter if it is the same guy or girl cruising past your house 100 times or 100 different cars?

mi16
13-Jun-13, 23:05
It's also worth noting that its not just exhausts that make to noise, there is induction roar from free flow air filters or the snort off a set of webers, engine tone from a big v8 or turbo lump and of course banging sound systems.

secrets in symmetry
13-Jun-13, 23:38
It's also worth noting that its not just exhausts that make to noise, there is induction roar from free flow air filters or the snort off a set of webers, engine tone from a big v8 or turbo lump and of course banging sound systems.Dare I wonder whether you were once a boy racer with fond memories of carefree days spent annoying the Dante out of the town's quieter folks?

mi16
13-Jun-13, 23:50
Dare I wonder whether you were once a boy racer with fond memories of carefree days spent annoying the Dante out of the town's quieter folks?I sure was back in the day, I would say there is maybe only 20% of the number of people touring he street now than there was back then.Whilst it may be annoying to some it is not illegal, I find windfarms annoying.

I was never about the show and noise however, it was always about the go for me.

Dadie
14-Jun-13, 00:03
nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...
No tyres = peace!
but must be accidental....!

luskentyre
14-Jun-13, 00:10
There is no minim level so obviously yes the max is much louder, but the important thing to remember is that it is perfectly legal, many motorcycles in standard trim are louder than a cars sports exhaust.My point was what does matter if it is the same guy or girl cruising past your house 100 times or 100 different cars?

I question the mentality of anyone who passes the same house 100 times. Can you seriously say you don't?

There's also the question of time. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to expect a bit of peace, even in town, in the evening.

mi16
14-Jun-13, 00:13
I question the mentality of anyone who passes the same house 100 times. Can you seriously say you don't?There's also the question of time. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to expect a bit of peace, even in town, in the evening.I am not saying you are wrong, but there is jack about it that is illegal.

mi16
14-Jun-13, 00:14
nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...No tyres = peace!but must be accidental....!Child falls off bike, maims itself.Well done!!

secrets in symmetry
14-Jun-13, 00:17
nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...
No tyres = peace!
but must be accidental....!Isn't there a problem arranging the nails so that the pointy ends point upwards?

ducati
14-Jun-13, 00:33
No tyres = peace!
but must be accidental....!

or an old brake disc through the windscreen, applied (accidently) Mad Max styley, when they scream past your house at multiples of the speed limit.....one day. :lol:

ducati
14-Jun-13, 00:47
Isn't there a problem arranging the nails so that the pointy ends point upwards?

You have to accidently nail them through a piece of wood first. :D

secrets in symmetry
14-Jun-13, 00:57
You have to accidently nail them through a piece of wood first. :DThat's hard to arrange by accident, but I'm sure it could be organised with several people helping out. We could even export our product to other parts of the country, we could solve the County's employment problem after the closure of Dounreay, and we wouldn't need any startup funding from HIE to buy equipment. Every idiot has a hammer, a bag of nails, and a few planks of wood. :cool:

jacko
14-Jun-13, 09:34
if one is bothered that much with boy racer s screaming past their home. just call the police.
keep it legal. the right thing to do. eventually they will do something about it. get your neighbours to do the same thing..

p/s there is an element of persistant street racer s in the town. usually you see them driving from the roundabout at mackays to the parish church.i call them orbiter s ..doing that their really doing no-one any harm

in this modern age of digital camera s & camcorders one can easilly gather all the evidence needed.

Kasper King
14-Jun-13, 11:16
What you have described is not boy racers!
Boy racers usually use stolen or ubtracable cars, drive flat out causing mayhem and danger to both pedestrions and road users oftern lead police patrols in to traps where injury of the police officers oftern is the result, have no regard for other road users and generally have no driving licence and have so many points that they could never have one.
The end of the evening is either the setting fire to the car used or it crashing! Now that is a boy racer.
As for the spilt nails, what about the cars going down the street who are not your idea of boy racers?
I am sorry you have just have no idea how peacful it is here compaired to other parts of the UK.
PS, you would be suprised how easy it is to stage a crash!

hedgehogger
14-Jun-13, 11:24
Every idiot has a hammer, a bag of nails, and a few planks of wood. :cool:

And i suppose that yourself being the biggest idiot will have the biggest hammer, bag of nails and...oh wait.....you're a plank short

mi16
14-Jun-13, 11:53
What you have described is not boy racers! Boy racers usually use stolen or ubtracable cars, drive flat out causing mayhem and danger to both pedestrions and road users oftern lead police patrols in to traps where injury of the police officers oftern is the result, have no regard for other road users and generally have no driving licence and have so many points that they could never have one.The end of the evening is either the setting fire to the car used or it crashing! Now that is a boy racer.As for the spilt nails, what about the cars going down the street who are not your idea of boy racers?I am sorry you have just have no idea how peacful it is here compaired to other parts of the UK.PS, you would be suprised how easy it is to stage a crash!Is the above not the definition of a "joy rider"?

Invisible
14-Jun-13, 13:25
rant over

Boy racers. A stereotype.
Wickers are not boy racers. They are cruisers. Guys and girls who take pride in their cars. In a town where's there naff all to do if your not drinking, this gives an avenue to interact socially with others of like mind.
Ranting on here won't make any difference.
And your point of 55mph max cars is redic. I must have forgot about the no under 55mph driving out of town. And why limit a car if its not going out of town? Surely then you'd want it limited to 30?

Referring to them as idiots is very disrespectful, considering your abismall punctuation. If that seems harsh then tough, I've saw red on viewing your negativity. Whilst on the subject of red, cars have brakes, which slow them down and thats why knock downs are rare to non existent.

:Razz

mi16
14-Jun-13, 13:41
Sweden use what they call a tractor (not like our tractors) that can be driven by 15 year olds, they are limited to 30kph usually by fitting two gearboxes in line and only being able to shift gear on one of them.

mi16
14-Jun-13, 13:46
If we are talking of limiting speeds, surely in this day and age it would not be difficult to limit all motor vehicles electronically so the speed limits are not exceeded.Should be fairly simple using GPS the determine where you are and your max speed is adjusted to suit therefore eliminating the need for camera vans and gatso cameras and laser guns.Oh yes the massive revenue generated via the speeding fines would evaporate in the process.

orkneycadian
14-Jun-13, 14:27
The restrictions with bikes is on horsepower, not speed, though there is obvious, albeit not exact, connections between the 2.

As for exhausts automatically meeting noise limits, thats only the case if they are approved for road use. There are plenty out there that are for "Competition use / non road use" - But they still end up on road going cars. Seems to be down to the perception that if it sounds more than 1 litre, it must be more than 1 litre....

mi16
14-Jun-13, 14:33
The restrictions with bikes is on horsepower, not speed, though there is obvious, albeit not exact, connections between the 2. As for exhausts automatically meeting noise limits, thats only the case if they are approved for road use. There are plenty out there that are for "Competition use / non road use" - But they still end up on road going cars. Seems to be down to the perception that if it sounds more than 1 litre, it must be more than 1 litre....If they are not road legal then that is a matter for the MOT tester and the police.

However restricting speed or bhp will not cure the snorty exhaust issue that many hate.
To stop that you are looking at banning mods full stop but that opens another big can of worms.

orkneycadian
14-Jun-13, 14:36
Would the same logic apply to drink driving? Only a matter for the police? Or would it be considered "socially irresponsible" and not "OK, unless you get caught"?

jacko
14-Jun-13, 15:18
Is the above not the definition of a "joy rider"?

agreed they are boy racer s .....joy riders are what kasper king explained

mi16
14-Jun-13, 15:31
Would the same logic apply to drink driving? Only a matter for the police? Or would it be considered "socially irresponsible" and not "OK, unless you get caught"?They are both dealt with by police and the court are they not?
I would report a drink or drug driver the same way as I would report any other motoring offence.

golach
14-Jun-13, 15:38
Referring to them as idiots is very disrespectful, considering your abismall punctuation. If that seems harsh then tough, I've saw red on viewing your negativity. Whilst on the subject of red, cars have brakes, which slow them down and thats why knock downs are rare to non existent.
Before you go making remarks about some ones punctuation, maybe you should check your spelling of "abysmal" [disgust]

David Banks
14-Jun-13, 15:44
You think you have it tough there?

It is harley davidson season here now, and their racket is guarded with almost religious fervour, not to mention the century old design with no cornering capability.

ducati
14-Jun-13, 15:57
Yeah Harleys! American iron. Ours are French.:~(

orkneycadian
14-Jun-13, 17:13
They are both dealt with by police and the court are they not?
I would report a drink or drug driver the same way as I would report any other motoring offence.

Even if it happened on Private Property, for example, Tesco's car park?

mi16
14-Jun-13, 18:29
Even if it happened on Private Property, for example, Tesco's car park?I don't think tesco's car park is classed as private in the eyes of the law.

jacko
14-Jun-13, 18:41
talking of exhaust noise, i think that there is a restrictor in those 50 cc jobs that can be removed thus giving the machine a further few mph. i may be wrong but im sure there will be some on here to correct me.

mi16
14-Jun-13, 19:03
talking of exhaust noise, i think that there is a restrictor in those 50 cc jobs that can be removed thus giving the machine a further few mph. i may be wrong but im sure there will be some on here to correct me.Yup that is correct

Classamin
15-Jun-13, 10:18
This is indeed directed for the wholly misguided BigseXy, because he/she/it does not seem to understand us "Boy racers" in the slightest.

We are not to blame for everything bad that happens in this town, as refreshing as that must be to hear.

"Oh, another small business shut down? Must have been those boy racers running us out of our town and forcing us to drive the extra half a minute to tesco's where I'd spend less money anyway"

Because Tesco's having more choice and being cheaper than most of the corner shops and the coop put together couldn't possibly be the reason people are going to Tesco's instead of smaller shops... Nope, must be those pesky boy racers again. Damn. A 55mph limit? That is a scary though, and you say that means no out of town trips? Some people seriously need to get a grip and say it to us so-called "Boy-Racers" face to face instead of cowering behind a meaningless name on the org and whining about it with the other small majority of people that sit and do exactly the same thing. And you say that we shouldn't be allowed out the town? That's fine, have it your way, we'll just stay IN the town. You say that cruising makes us think we are "cool" while all you high and mighty "roll your eyes at us" also?
Maybe you should re-assess who's being pathetic here.

Point made.

sids
15-Jun-13, 10:21
and say it to us so-called "Boy-Racers" face to face instead of cowering behind a meaningless name on the org and whining about it with the other small majority of people that sit and do exactly the same thing. And you say that we shouldn't be allowed out the town? That's fine, have it your way, we'll just stay IN the town. You say that cruising makes us think we are "cool" while all you high and mighty "roll your eyes at us" also?
Maybe you should re-assess who's being pathetic here.

Point made.

Yah boo! Stupid old boy racer!

Classamin
15-Jun-13, 10:22
And also, a lot of boy racers (myself included) have recently done a couple of charity events, raising in total over £3000 over both of them for local charities. And we couldn't have done it without the other "Boy racers" giving us a hand, and donating generously to a good cause. It honestly makes me wonder if you were there, getting your car washed, and if you are now sitting behind a computer playing judge on us all anonymously. Or were you once again too busy sitting in your house slating us youngsters anonymously for ruining your vision of Caithness for you to show up?

Classamin
15-Jun-13, 10:24
Yah boo! Stupid old boy racer!

I know, we're just the worst kind of people.

orkneycadian
15-Jun-13, 15:01
I don't think tesco's car park is classed as private in the eyes of the law.

So if some video evidence came to your attention showing motoring offences being committed on ground that some considered private, but turned out not to be private in the eyes of the law, you would report the matter to the police?

mi16
15-Jun-13, 15:16
So if some video evidence came to your attention showing motoring offences being committed on ground that some considered private, but turned out not to be private in the eyes of the law, you would report the matter to the police?No I would not, video can be manipulated very easily.

orkneycadian
15-Jun-13, 15:19
True. I guess thats why the police themselves don't use it as evidence. I guess thats also why it must end on on all those "Police - Stop!!" type programmes for entertainment value only.

orkneycadian
15-Jun-13, 15:20
in this modern age of digital camera s & camcorders one can easilly gather all the evidence needed.

Apparantly not Jacko. MI16 advises us that photos and videos are too easily changed to be admissible as evidence for motoring offences. Something to bear in mind the next time you pass a speed camera.

jacko
15-Jun-13, 15:27
So if some video evidence came to your attention showing motoring offences being committed on ground that some considered private, but turned out not to be private in the eyes of the law, you would report the matter to the police?

Tesco s car park is not private. Even private ground has to have a gate that s closed and locked for 24 hours every week where there is no access to the public , before it s classed as totally private . crazy i know but that,s the law for you, read that a few years ago in a court case .
Anyway just take a look at the doughnut tyre marks on the mini roundabout at Tesco,s .
There was an incident a bit back in the car park in river st behind the council offices where a young guy was doing doughnuts hit a parked car n capsized his own .

orkneycadian
15-Jun-13, 15:29
Surely some mistake? I thought these young lads were just responsible drivers, with pride in their vehicles?

mi16
15-Jun-13, 15:32
Orkney where did I say any of what you are saying?I merely said I would not report it based on video that somehow comes into my possession.

jacko
15-Jun-13, 15:34
Surely some mistake? I thought these young lads were just responsible drivers, with pride in their vehicles?

lol....[lol]

QUADBIKER
15-Jun-13, 17:04
take it you seen this happen at river st
Tesco s car park is not private. Even private ground has to have a gate that s closed and locked for 24 hours every week where there is no access to the public , before it s classed as totally private . crazy i know but that,s the law for you, read that a few years ago in a court case .
Anyway just take a look at the doughnut tyre marks on the mini roundabout at Tesco,s .
There was an incident a bit back in the car park in river st behind the council offices where a young guy was doing doughnuts hit a parked car n capsized his own .

jacko
15-Jun-13, 17:11
No George just read it in the Groat some time ago. and im not getting at any of the youngster s driving around. i dont know if it was one of your friend s, nor do i care.....i just found it amusing .. i myself was young at one point ...AND IM NOT GETTING AT BOY RACER,S CRUISERS OR ORBITERS .

QUADBIKER
15-Jun-13, 17:26
young boys well i know i would rather see them going about in cars than drinking and taking drugs please tell all there is for young people up here to do i know that some of you want to get a life go out and meet some of the young people they are not all bad and as for what we do in a car park if your are not happey with it go see the police because it wont do any good writing your crap on here as one man has said these boy racers spent there day helping to raise money for a charity did you come along and help out another thing it lookes like all the rtcs are done by young boys do yous have proof of this

jacko
15-Jun-13, 17:34
Absolutely. i commend you for your charitable work and i am sorry for your loss, Chris was a lovely lad and you suffered a great loss.
my thoughts will always be with you.

QUADBIKER
15-Jun-13, 17:42
thank you but i think we need to give sone of the young people some respect a lot of them are hard working and a lot of them have been a great help to me and its great to see what they will do for the love of a friend
Absolutely. i commend you for your charitable work and i am sorry for your loss, Chris was a lovely lad and you suffered a great loss.
my thoughts will always be with you.

jacko
15-Jun-13, 17:48
thank you but i think we need to give sone of the young people some respect a lot of them are hard working and a lot of them have been a great help to me and its great to see what they will do for the love of a friend
it s plain for all to see he was a good friend . and i commend them to, for the work they put in

Earlhickey
15-Jun-13, 18:30
young boys well i know i would rather see them going about in cars than drinking and taking drugs please tell all there is for young people up here to do i know that some of you want to get a life go out and meet some of the young people they are not all bad and as for what we do in a car park if your are not happey with it go see the police because it wont do any good writing your crap on here as one man has said these boy racers spent there day helping to raise money for a charity did you come along and help out another thing it lookes like all the rtcs are done by young boys do yous have proof of this
That's a relief, glad to hear there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick anymore. Now maybe we can get these stupid speed bumps removed at riverside, I'll get on till e council.

jacko
15-Jun-13, 18:52
That's a relief, glad to hear there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick anymore. Now maybe we can get these stupid speed bumps removed at riverside, I'll get on till e council.

lol. i dont have a problem with those , i know their there so i drive over them slowly, no probs :Razz

secrets in symmetry
16-Jun-13, 23:10

lol. i dont have a problem with those , i know their there so i drive over them slowly, no probs :Razz

I'm pleased to hear you drive over boy racers slowly. :cool:

Corsastu
17-Jun-13, 06:09
I have no problem with guys/girls cruising back and forth in the street or around the town as there is not much else to do, what I do have a problem with is when im waiting to cross the road with my daughter and a car goes past far too fast through the street right past us.All it takes is one mistake ,have the guys in the fast cars buy one and instantly think they can drive like racing drivers

Torvaig
17-Jun-13, 08:59
I'm pleased to hear you drive over boy racers slowly. :cool: Sorry s.i.s. but "driving over boy racers slowly" seems a bit insensitive considering the subject of the thread. I hope the thread will be closed soon, it is only going round and round in circles and causing more pain. Maybe something more constructive would be a better idea.......

mi16
17-Jun-13, 09:08
I have no problem with guys/girls cruising back and forth in the street or around the town as there is not much else to do, what I do have a problem with is when im waiting to cross the road with my daughter and a car goes past far too fast through the street right past us.All it takes is one mistake ,have the guys in the fast cars buy one and instantly think they can drive like racing driversThe thing is that it is not just boy racers that exceed speed limits, however they seem to take the rap for it.

mi16
17-Jun-13, 09:09
Sorry s.i.s. but "driving over boy racers slowly" seems a bit insensitive considering the subject of the thread. I hope the thread will be closed soon, it is only going round and round in circles and causing more pain. Maybe something more constructive would be a better idea.......I don't think SIS meant their post wit the same undertone as Dunnetknowe

Torvaig
17-Jun-13, 10:32
I don't think SIS meant their post wit the same undertone as DunnetknoweMaybe not but I still think this thread should fade out now and accept that yes, we are all annoyed by thoughtless drivers but there are various categories of dangerous driving not always associated with young people. I think the police should be paying more attention to ALL dangerous drivers, young and old by being much more visible in the community, getting to know the younger drivers and giving them friendly warnings to take heed of the law and respecting others who live in our towns. After all, many of the "older" generation of drivers did equally annoying/stupid things and many of them still do. Those who have "only a few drams" and risk driving convinced that they are ok to drive but definitely are not. Reactions are slower for a start. Those with powerful cars who think that they are wiser, more mature and can handle speed because of their "experience", those who think driving to Inverness in such and such a time are being smart but are also breaking the law. All I'm asking is that those criticising young drivers acknowledge that older drivers can be just as thoughtless and dangerous as well. Good drivers can belong to any age group; the young included. P.S. please excuse the lack of paragraphing, my 'puter has a mind of its own these days.

mi16
17-Jun-13, 11:11
Maybe not but I still think this thread should fade out now and accept that yes, we are all annoyed by thoughtless drivers but there are various categories of dangerous driving not always associated with young people. I think the police should be paying more attention to ALL dangerous drivers, young and old by being much more visible in the community, getting to know the younger drivers and giving them friendly warnings to take heed of the law and respecting others who live in our towns. After all, many of the "older" generation of drivers did equally annoying/stupid things and many of them still do. Those who have "only a few drams" and risk driving convinced that they are ok to drive but definitely are not. Reactions are slower for a start. Those with powerful cars who think that they are wiser, more mature and can handle speed because of their "experience", those who think driving to Inverness in such and such a time are being smart but are also breaking the law. All I'm asking is that those criticising young drivers acknowledge that older drivers can be just as thoughtless and dangerous as well. Good drivers can belong to any age group; the young included. P.S. please excuse the lack of paragraphing, my 'puter has a mind of its own these days.That about sums it up I feel.

Earlhickey
17-Jun-13, 11:50
Maybe not but I still think this thread should fade out now and accept that yes, we are all annoyed by thoughtless drivers but there are various categories of dangerous driving not always associated with young people. I think the police should be paying more attention to ALL dangerous drivers, young and old by being much more visible in the community, getting to know the younger drivers and giving them friendly warnings to take heed of the law and respecting others who live in our towns. After all, many of the "older" generation of drivers did equally annoying/stupid things and many of them still do. Those who have "only a few drams" and risk driving convinced that they are ok to drive but definitely are not. Reactions are slower for a start. Those with powerful cars who think that they are wiser, more mature and can handle speed because of their "experience", those who think driving to Inverness in such and such a time are being smart but are also breaking the law. All I'm asking is that those criticising young drivers acknowledge that older drivers can be just as thoughtless and dangerous as well. Good drivers can belong to any age group; the young included. P.S. please excuse the lack of paragraphing, my 'puter has a mind of its own these days.
What really was the point of your post? Everybody see's bad driving everyday, I don't think all young drivers break the law or drive round and round the town all night, but some do.
Are you saying because some older driver break the law then it does not matter that some young folk do as well?
Don't you think driving experience helps you assess the dangers on the roads, insurance is cheaper for experienced drivers, no?
Your not helping saying older driver did it when they were young, it was wrong then as it's wrong now.

ducati
17-Jun-13, 12:57
Older drivers don't tend to deliberately be as annoying as possible. :roll:

Invisible
17-Jun-13, 13:03
Before you go making remarks about some ones punctuation, maybe you should check your spelling of "abysmal" [disgust]

darn my bad

Classamin
17-Jun-13, 15:08
Okay then, there seems to be one person in particular in this thread and another thread that seems to have some form of personal vendetta against one or two of my friends, and I'd like to name and shame this disgusting individual as DunnetKnowe. What is your problem that you have against not many people in general, but my friends. If your problem disturbs you so much, why don't you state your real name on here and you and my friend can sort it out? Or are you too scared that the masses will hate you, if they don't already? We'll be waiting..

mi16
17-Jun-13, 15:33
Okay then, there seems to be one person in particular in this thread and another thread that seems to have some form of personal vendetta against one or two of my friends, and I'd like to name and shame this disgusting individual as DunnetKnowe. What is your problem that you have against not many people in general, but my friends. If your problem disturbs you so much, why don't you state your real name on here and you and my friend can sort it out? Or are you too scared that the masses will hate you, if they don't already? We'll be waiting..You will be waiting a while for her/his response as she/he has been suspended.Think it was a 12 pointer under the totting up procedure

Classamin
17-Jun-13, 15:39
That's fine, we can wait because unlike he/she/it we have patience and time for others. I look forward to he/she/it's reply.

orkneycadian
18-Jun-13, 06:36
If your problem disturbs you so much, why don't you state your real name on here and you and my friend can sort it out? Or are you too scared that the masses will hate you, if they don't already? We'll be waiting..

Wow, that sounds like the type of justice that a poster that used to be on here, Flynn, used to mete out to anyone that disagreed with him!

mi16
18-Jun-13, 10:43
Wow, that sounds like the type of justice that a poster that used to be on here, Flynn, used to mete out to anyone that disagreed with him!Has Flynn been banned also?

orkneycadian
18-Jun-13, 11:02
Dunno, but since putting him on the ignore list, its been blissfully peaceful, with no threats of bodily harm being bandied about.

mi16
18-Jun-13, 12:38
Dunno, but since putting him on the ignore list, its been blissfully peaceful, with no threats of bodily harm being bandied about.When was he threatening folk with bodily harm?I never noticed that

Flynn
18-Jun-13, 13:04
When was he threatening folk with bodily harm?I never noticed that

I'd be interested in the reply to that too.

mi16
18-Jun-13, 14:48
I'd be interested in the reply to that too.To be fair he/she has previous for making statements without backing up with the evidence.

Torvaig
18-Jun-13, 17:22
What really was the point of your post? Everybody see's bad driving everyday, I don't think all young drivers break the law or drive round and round the town all night, but some do.
Are you saying because some older driver break the law then it does not matter that some young folk do as well?
Don't you think driving experience helps you assess the dangers on the roads, insurance is cheaper for experienced drivers, no?
Your not helping saying older driver did it when they were young, it was wrong then as it's wrong now. You really didn't read my post properly did you? That is your prerogative but do not make out that you thought I was condoning bad driving from young or old people or those in the past. Where on earth did I say that I thought it ok for young people to emulate the idiots of yesteryear? Where did I say that I thought all young drivers break the law or drive round and round all night? Where did I say that it was not wrong for older drivers to break the law? There are old and young drivers on the roads and always have been but I certainly do not defend either age group of idiots who put their own and others lives at risk......again, my apologies for no paragraphing.....

Classamin
18-Jun-13, 18:14
Did you at any point see in my statements threats of bodily harm? I never threatened anybody. I simply want this issue between my friends and a certain sanctimonious, self-righteous loudmouth to be resolved face to face, instead of the loudmouth in question cowering behind a meaningless user-name, which he/she/it feels gives them the power to say whatever hurtful and insulting garbage they choose.

orkneycadian
18-Jun-13, 20:43
When was he threatening folk with bodily harm?I never noticed that

Can't quote directly anymore, as his posts are blissfully invisible. But I think it went something along the lines that if anyone called him Paddy, they would be unconscious before they finished their sentence. The grounds for that was that Paddy was perceived to be a racist term.

I found this surprising, as he had earlier posted that he had been, or was going out to celebrate St Paddy's Day

With such hypocrisy, the Ignore List was the only option.

mi16
18-Jun-13, 22:22
Yep I stand corrected.Not really a threat as such, more of a statement

Phill
18-Jun-13, 22:44
Crikey!
Missing the fun on this thread. A new troller...... apologies, some newcomers to the .org, threats of Chrome Exhaust Tips at dawn by the sounds of things and an infarction or two!!

Methinks I need to write a strongly worded and vaguely literate letter to the grammar polis.

Classamin
19-Jun-13, 17:34
If you're referring to me as said troll, maybe you should write a strongly worded letter to the police. But please, next time try to spell "infraction" properly for the sake of us all, as infarction means dead tissue, a form of necrosis. Reminds me a bit of yourself, to be honest...

jacko
19-Jun-13, 18:31
Can't quote directly anymore, as his posts are blissfully invisible. But I think it went something along the lines that if anyone called him Paddy, they would be unconscious before they finished their sentence. The grounds for that was that Paddy was perceived to be a racist term.

I found this surprising, as he had earlier posted that he had been, or was going out to celebrate St Paddy's Day

With such hypocrisy, the Ignore List was the only option.

and ive been told a pack of lies all my childhood days agghhhh

http://i80.servimg.com/u/f80/13/41/85/34/downlo22.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2851&u=13418534)

secrets in symmetry
19-Jun-13, 23:04
Sorry s.i.s. but "driving over boy racers slowly" seems a bit insensitive considering the subject of the thread. I hope the thread will be closed soon, it is only going round and round in circles and causing more pain. Maybe something more constructive would be a better idea.......Insensitive? Arguably, perhaps, but only because a minority of people bring chronic arguments over from other threads. This thread is about someone being annoyed by the inane habits of a number of car-driving young people, which is an issue I can sympathise with.