PDA

View Full Version : sky multiroom

sweetpea
23-Jan-07, 23:06
i was thinking of getting sky multiroom because i got a new telly for xmas for my bedroom but haven't got an ariel. should i get this or just get an ariel and who can i get to tune it in etc? any ideas please? it's sitting here gathering dust

golach
23-Jan-07, 23:18
As far as I know you can only get sky with a Satellite dish, I have multiroom and Sky+ costs £47 a month for a standard package.
Far cheaper to buy a video sender from Argos for approx £25, you then send from one tv set to the other

sweetpea
24-Jan-07, 01:16
As far as I know you can only get sky with a Satellite dish, I have multiroom and Sky+ costs £47 a month for a standard package.
Far cheaper to buy a video sender from Argos for approx £25, you then send form one tv set to the other
I've got a dish for the sitting room so do i just need to phone them and upgrade?

Dali
24-Jan-07, 01:32
I also have multi room its great if you need to watch different channels in another room .But if you just want to be able to watch in a different room like your bedroom then one of these will do . http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5343250.htm

I use this aswell as multi room upto my bedroom is cheap option if you do not need to watch another channel. You get full use of your remote . I have tried a few video senders and only the expensive ones are any good.

Moby
24-Jan-07, 08:58
A word of warning - Sky insists that both boxes are plugged into your telephone connections at all times. This can cause major problems if you have a computer network system in your home. You will have to use filters on your phone connections to ensure your network remains in tact - this can knock off your Sky connection and you will start getting "nasty" letters from Sky - Their advice is "not our problem contact your internet provider". Bit of a catch 22 I'm afraid especially if you need to have internet connection for a large part of the working day.

golach
24-Jan-07, 09:57
A word of warning - Sky insists that both boxes are plugged into your telephone connections at all times. This can cause major problems if you have a computer network system in your home. You will have to use filters on your phone connections to ensure your network remains in tact - this can knock off your Sky connection and you will start getting "nasty" letters from Sky - Their advice is "not our problem contact your internet provider". Bit of a catch 22 I'm afraid especially if you need to have internet connection for a large part of the working day.
I have had Sky and Broadband for about 5 years now, and use a filter but have never experienced any of the above problems, maybe I am lucky.

golach
24-Jan-07, 09:59
I've got a dish for the sitting room so do i just need to phone them and upgrade?
As far as I know this is all you need to do, BUT you will need a telephone extention box fitted into the room where your multibox is located, more expense[disgust]

candyfloss
24-Jan-07, 11:54
Far cheaper to buy a video sender from Argos for approx £25, you then send from one tv set to the other
We have a video sender and it works no problem and it's a lot cheaper too :D

Bobinovich
24-Jan-07, 23:03
Yeah I agree - if you don't need to be able to watch 2 different Sky channels at once then a video sender is ideal and so much cheaper :D.

We've got this one (http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?sku=AV07800) which provides 3 individual IR emitters allowing us to control not only our Sky but also our DVD & VCR - we can therefore watch and remote control any of the three units from our bedroom. So long as it's set up right with the antennae pointing towards each other then the signal is superb.