PDA

View Full Version : Strange fruit in Dunnet woods

stratman
23-Jan-07, 22:17
I am fed up finding the new strange fruit of dog faeces hanging in bags in trees whilst walking in Dunnet woods. I have taken many down and disposed of them for other people, after walking past them for days. It is not great carrying them round, but when we have dogs (as I do) we of course have a responsibility to make sure they do not, or we do not, create a nuisance. Surely in such a small community we should have a social conscience. End of rant. Any thoughts?

the charlatans
23-Jan-07, 22:22
Stratman,

I totally agree with you. I am a daily Dunnet Forest user and i find this disgusting. I think its the same person too, as its always on the same route and the same type of bag.

If you are reading this oh leaver of dog poo bags, please just take it out with you, its not nice, not environmentally friendly and totally un forest ethics.

If they go to the care of picking up the dog poo then the least they can do is take it to the bin at the car park. Its not nice but every other dog owner does it.

Hear hear.

another rant over.

stratman
23-Jan-07, 22:37
Nice one

Glad I am not the only one who gets annoyed at this.
I have removed black and purple/plum bags but mainly black. The person/people are probably reading this and laughing at me for removing their rubbish. They must have low standards. I am tempted to think they are worth less than the contents of the bags they leave.

emb123
23-Jan-07, 22:41
Some people are so selfish. I suppose they could be worse and leave it on the ground though. Maybe it's a silent protest at the lack of a bin nearby ?

Leaving it hanging on the trees though is just gross!

the charlatans
23-Jan-07, 22:43
the community forester knows about this. its not his job or yours to pick this up, especially when there is a bin for it at the entrance. well done him for managing and providing for such an excellent facility for us to excerise ourselves and our four legged friends.

Mr Charlatans is on the look out for the strange fruit leavers as well.

In my humble opinion they would be better leaving the dog poo rather than going to the trouble of picking it up and stretching over and hanging it from a tree as at least then the rain would eventually wash it away rather than put a plastic bag into the equation. However i wish they would just pick it up and BIN IT.

rant rant rant rant.....

p.s. thanks Stratman, you are a good samaritan.

Victoria
23-Jan-07, 23:24
why bother to put it in a bag and then leave it there!!

Surely it would be marginally better if they didnt even put it in a bag at all!!

LOL - I really dont belive some people!

Jeemag_USA
24-Jan-07, 00:10
I agree, I think it would be less annoying to leave it lying on the ground than to actually put it in a bag and hang it on a tree, thats ridiculous. Find out who is doing it and tail them, when you know where they live, take the bags drive past their house and chuck them :L (just kidding)

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 10:14
I agree, I think it would be less annoying to leave it lying on the ground than to actually put it in a bag and hang it on a tree, thats ridiculous. Find out who is doing it and tail them, when you know where they live, take the bags drive past their house and chuck them :L (just kidding)

Thats what I would do and I'm not kidding!!

ywindythesecond
24-Jan-07, 10:32
I am fed up finding the new strange fruit of dog faeces hanging in bags in trees whilst walking in Dunnet woods. I have taken many down and disposed of them for other people, after walking past them for days. It is not great carrying them round, but when we have dogs (as I do) we of course have a responsibility to make sure they do not, or we do not, create a nuisance. Surely in such a small community we should have a social conscience. End of rant. Any thoughts?

Most responses condemn the person who hangs the bags on trees.
Is this not a case of shooting the messenger? Who ever does this is trying to get the message across that dog owners should be responsible for their dogs. I agree it is not particularly pleasant, but it seems to be being noticed. Unfortunately probably not by the real culprits. So if you are enjoying Dunnet forest and come across an irresponsible dog owner, do your bit and remind him/her of their obligations.
Its not me by the way, and I dont have a dog.

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 11:21
Is this not a case of shooting the messenger? Who ever does this is trying to get the message across that dog owners should be responsible for their dogs. I agree it is not particularly pleasant, but it seems to be being noticed. Unfortunately probably not by the real culprits. So if you are enjoying Dunnet forest and come across an irresponsible dog owner, do your bit and remind him/her of their obligations.

To be honest I didn't look at it like that. I thought someone was just going around soing it to be 'funny' or something.

I can understand why someone would do that to get the problem noticed but its not doing any good in the long run is it.

trinkie
24-Jan-07, 11:30
I am not a Dog Person at all. But now that I have read this thread an idea has come to my mind.
What if this Dog Walker has just set out with the dog, and it decides to Poo.
The Walker puts it in a bag and hangs it on a tree out of harms way, in case someone stands on it, fully intending to collect it on the return journey.
Imagine his surprise when each day he goes back to collect the bag, it has gone !

If this is the case - then Dog Walker please dont leave it hanging around again. It really is not a nice thing to do and you should know better.

Imagine if everyone hung up their Poo Bags in the woods.......

Anyway you are letting your Dog down !

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 11:32
I am not a Dog Person at all. But now that I have read this thread an idea has come to my mind.
What if this Dog Walker has just set out with the dog, and it decides to Poo.
The Walker puts it in a bag and hangs it on a tree out of harms way, in case someone stands on it, fully intending to collect it on the return journey.
Imagine his surprise when each day he goes back to collect the bag, it has gone !

If this is the case - then Dog Walker please dont leave it hanging around again. It really is not a nice thing to do and you should know better.

Imagine if everyone hung up their Poo Bags in the woods.......

Anyway you are letting your Dog down !

Its a plausable idea but it made me chuckle!! haha

stratman
24-Jan-07, 13:46

I wish I had such a positive view of people. I think it is more likely that someone picks it up when there is an observer and gets rid when alone, either into a tree or onto the floor. They have hung there for days before I have collected them.

This is happening all over the country apparently.

badger
24-Jan-07, 13:52
Probably the same people that take their stuff to recycling bins in plastic bags but can't be bothered to post it into the bin so leave the bags piled up on the ground. There was a disgusting pile of open bags, wet and spilled out, at Wick Co-op the other day.