PDA

View Full Version : British Airways baggage problems

daviddd
23-Jan-07, 21:57
Did anyone see the bit on Watchdog tonight about BA? They managed to lose thousands of suitcases over the past few weeks at Heathrow, and people were left without their bags. Apparently they have laid off a good number of workers and the ones left can't cope, plus they're blaming carousel problems.

We passed through Heathrow a few weeks ago and saw hundreds of abandoned suitcases lying around the carousels, we could hardly get to our bags for them. Judging by the report BA have not been very helpful to complainants either. It was said that after 45 days they may auction or destroy 'lost' suitcases because they can't find the owners! yet according to whistleblowers reports there were several lorries which were full of suitcases which hadn't been touched.

There's so much indifference and contempt for customers in businesses today, especially the larger ones it seems.

Ojibwa
23-Jan-07, 23:12
My parents flew with BA a couple of weeks ago and their bags went missing. Luckily they were located and flown up to Wick 4 days later.

JAWS
24-Jan-07, 01:29
BA have always had a reputation for passengers arriving at one destination and their baggage at another.
This is nothing new and has always been the case. (No pun intended) Sometimes your luggage arrived with you but some of the contents ended up elsewhere. :(

Simply sounds to me like nothing has changed.

MadPict
24-Jan-07, 15:56
I saw the original report on the news by a passenger arriving at Heathrow and the pictures he took at the time - when I came through the arrivals/baggage claim last week there were still 100's of bags stacked to one side. This time there was at least a miserable looking airport employee on baggage watch duty.

It is a terrible situation and BA really needs to get it sorted if they wish to remain a respected carrier....

...or maybe they have changed their name to Baggage Absent......