PDA

View Full Version : Power generation

piratelassie
04-Jun-13, 12:33
Its beginning to look like Westminster is pushing for Nuclear Power generation to be subsitised by the tax payer,which is proving to be hidiously expensive. By voting no in 2014 that will mean we will be paying for Englands needs. Scotland has already ruled out nuclear, so why would we pay for it elsewhere?

mi16
04-Jun-13, 12:48
Its beginning to look like Westminster is pushing for Nuclear Power generation to be subsitised by the tax payer,which is proving to be hidiously expensive. By voting no in 2014 that will mean we will be paying for Englands needs. Scotland has already ruled out nuclear, so why would we pay for it elsewhere?

We pay for the renewables through subsidy, whats the difference?

equusdriving
04-Jun-13, 12:59

oh I see its desperate o'clock again:lol: a bit like college fees, prescription charges hospital parking, but the other way round then?. I am sure you and Squidge must be on the no campaigns pay roll, as your ridiculous posts paint a very desperate bigoted picture of the Independence cause:D(especially your post (Piratelassie) insinuating that Sir Chris Hoy deserved abuse because he dared to disagree with it) keep up the good work

Serenity
04-Jun-13, 13:12
The fact Scotland (that should read the current Holyrood government, and not Scotland, though) has ruled out nuclear power is one very big reason why I will not be voting yes. Thanks for reminding me.

equusdriving
04-Jun-13, 13:22
The fact Scotland (that should read the current Holyrood government, and not Scotland, though) has ruled out nuclear power is one very big reason why I will not be voting yes. Thanks for reminding me.

that's another bit of commission you have earned Piratelassie :D

mi16
04-Jun-13, 13:38

I concur.
I had a SNP loving chap at my desk last week trying to give away "Yes Scotland" merchandise, lanyards, stickers etc.
He didnt take to kindly to my questioning him on the nuclear and remewable policy for Caithness, he took even less to being told to ram it.

Phill
04-Jun-13, 14:39
Another way of looking at it is we can choose to pay for the decimation of huge swathes of the Scottish landscape and countryside, or we can pay to expand some nuke plants in Engerladershire. No brainer to me!

mi16
04-Jun-13, 16:22
I guess this thread is not working out as you had hoped piratelassie

orkneycadian
04-Jun-13, 19:47
I don't think they ever do. I am still mindful of piratelassies advice that political parties which aspire to secede from a unified state have, in her opinion, "dangerous policies"

Rheghead
04-Jun-13, 20:55
We pay for the renewables through subsidy, whats the difference?

Not so much a difference but a hypocrisy, for years anti-renewable energy and pro-nuke activists have complained that renewables receive a subsidy but when nuclear gets one then they don't care. So if their real concern was the subsidy and its perceived impact on fuel bills (other than some other agenda) then they'd still be against the subsidy to nuclear.

squidge
04-Jun-13, 21:15
I would like to see an Independent Scotland nationalise these flaming energy suppliers. If we are paying hefty blooming subsidies then We are paying for the damn stuff anyways as taxpayers and again as consumers. At least if we owned the energy companies then profits would go back into the companies and not the pockets of the shareholders.

Rheghead
04-Jun-13, 21:23
I would like to see an Independent Scotland nationalise these flaming energy suppliers. If we are paying hefty blooming subsidies then We are paying for the damn stuff anyways as taxpayers and again as consumers. At least if we owned the energy companies then profits would go back into the companies and not the pockets of the shareholders.

I agree 100%, the Scottish Green Party is the only political party that supports for such a policy.

Phill
04-Jun-13, 21:33
But we're paying for nuke subsidies, and have for a long while, the plants / locations are there and in reasonably small densities. The subs are going generally to a UK workforce and within tolerable margins the output is predictable and reliable. Large scale windymills are decimating the landscape, fill often foreign landowners pockets and pay for infrastructure procured from abroad and generally built by foreigners. So an independent Scotland would be destroying the country and paying johnny foreigner to do it on their behalf!

sids
04-Jun-13, 21:38

God only knows where the money went in the days of nationalised industries.

ducati
04-Jun-13, 22:14

How can you Nationalise the bit of a global business that operates in your country? And anyway, we've done nationalisation it doesn't work...., next?

mi16
04-Jun-13, 22:22
But we're paying for nuke subsidies, and have for a long while, the plants / locations are there and in reasonably small densities. The subs are going generally to a UK workforce and within tolerable margins the output is predictable and reliable. Large scale windymills are decimating the landscape, fill often foreign landowners pockets and pay for infrastructure procured from abroad and generally built by foreigners. So an independent Scotland would be destroying the country and paying johnny foreigner to do it on their behalf!Is that you mr farage

golach
04-Jun-13, 22:23

Sorry Squidge, I dont think Eck has a sporran big enough or full enough to pay for the nationalising of the utility companies

Phill
04-Jun-13, 22:45
Is that you mr farageSadly not, I must just still be intoxicated by the Faragemania that swept up through the nation (as far as Edinburgh) earlier this year!

Phill
04-Jun-13, 23:16
Okay, I'm really confused now. Renewable energy is good, right? Cheap renewable energy is better, right? The EU is good, right? (In an 'Independent' Scotland). But they want to tax solar panels at nearly 50%!!!!!! Tell me this isn't a money making scam, go awn.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22766639

piratelassie
05-Jun-13, 01:13
If you want to pay college fees hospital parking etc. your going about it the right way.

oh I see its desperate o'clock again:lol: a bit like college fees, prescription charges hospital parking, but the other way round then?. I am sure you and Squidge must be on the no campaigns pay roll, as your ridiculous posts paint a very desperate bigoted picture of the Independence cause:D(especially insinuating that Sir Chris Hoy deserved abuse because he dared to disagree with it) keep up the good work

squidge
05-Jun-13, 07:16
Squidge , D(especially insinuating that Sir Chris Hoy deserved abuse because he dared to disagree with it)

Ok my damn ignore thing isnt working. Equus you are a Liar.

golach
05-Jun-13, 07:59
If you want to pay college fees hospital parking etc. your going about it the right way.

We pay for hospital parking fees down here already, even the medical staff too

equusdriving
05-Jun-13, 10:01
Ok my damn ignore thing isnt working try really switching it on, instead of using it as an excuse to pick and choose what questions you answer[disgust]
Equus you are a Liarthe post you have hand picked part of to quote was a reply to Piratelassie, where is the lie? but I tell you what if you admit you are a LIAR I will too!

squidge
05-Jun-13, 10:44
I hadnt set it right but I have taken you off ignore just now.

Ok goaded into response which was your intention all along. You say in your post that I insinuated that Chris Hoy deserved the appalling treatement that he got and I did not do anything of the sort. You say "You and squidge" present a bigoted view of independence and insinuate that Chris hoy deserved the appalling treatemnt that he got. That is a LIE - a deliberate Lie and a clear and unambiguous lie - you didnt make a mistake, you didnt haver - you lied.

You ahve every right to say that in your opinion pirate lassie and I present a bigotted view of Independence if that is your opinion but not to lie about what I did or didnt say.

equusdriving
05-Jun-13, 13:20
I hadnt set it right but I have taken you off ignore just now.

Ok goaded into response which was your intention all along. You say in your post that I insinuated that Chris Hoy deserved the appalling treatement that he got and I did not do anything of the sort. You say "You and squidge" present a bigoted view of independence and insinuate that Chris hoy deserved the appalling treatemnt that he got. That is a LIE - a deliberate Lie and a clear and unambiguous lie - you didnt make a mistake, you didnt haver - you lied.

You ahve every right to say that in your opinion pirate lassie and I present a bigotted view of Independence if that is your opinion but not to lie about what I did or didnt say. I at no point said or indeed meant that you (Squidge) had said that about Chris Hoy, However I can see how you may possibly be able to take it that way(if you was looking for an axe to grind) , but as I have already said I wrote it how I would have said it to Piratelassie. So please accept my sincere unreserved apology for any offense caused to you by the misunderstanding, that caused your tirade of abuse to me
P.S I have now altered the offending post accordingly

But You are a LIAR Squidge! and not only that you have altered the quoted post to suit your ends.

I

equusdriving
05-Jun-13, 13:38
Chris Hoy deserved the appalling treatement that he got .
see Squidge its all about context, if you look hard enough and want to twist things,you can find allsorts

squidge
05-Jun-13, 15:20
Thank you for your apology. I accept. You are entitled to your opinion that I have lied. I havent but i cant be bothered arguing with you about it

equusdriving
05-Jun-13, 18:24
I have lied I know? :lol:
i cant be bothered arguing with you just put me on ignore again ,or at least your version of it, until you read something I have posted, that you think you have an answer to, or an argument you think you can win, and then say it isn't working again:lol:

squidge
05-Jun-13, 19:54
I have told you i have taken you off ignore. Amuse yourself playing with my posts equus. You have said nothing of note so far. Im waiting patiently. I said I havent lied. If you want to say I have then fine.... Thats your perogative. I have lied about loads of things in my life but I try not to lie in print! if you have a point make it. If you want to play the ha ha i know something you dont then away and play it with someone else.

catran
05-Jun-13, 22:27
Well, lets be honest what is wrong with fees for college? What is wrong with parking feesS? Precription charges, well look at the medicines in Boots and Tescos, see the prices AND those receiving benefit ( which Caithness is famous for all the invalidity ect ect) where is the problem?Who all worked at DERE? Against their principles tell that to the marines......

ducati
05-Jun-13, 23:38
Well, lets be honest what is wrong with fees for college? What is wrong with parking feesS? Precription charges, well look at the medicines in Boots and Tescos, see the prices AND those receiving benefit ( which Caithness is famous for all the invalidity ect ect) where is the problem?Who all worked at DERE? Against their principles tell that to the marines......

We already have all this stuff for free. Are we suggesting that they are a tempory bribe from the SNP, to be withdrawn should we fail to vote for the breakup of the United Kingdom?