PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Vandalism

justine
23-Jan-07, 16:00
Got up this morning to find a wheelie bin had been thrown at our family car,both windows on drivers side put out and wing mirror missing.What i cant understand is the point of it.We bother no-one on the street.If it is a personal thing then why can people not come to the door and say i have a problem with you but they have to hide behind a wheelie bin.All that they achieved was ruining a family car that is used for childrens school runs and shopping trips.I always thought that these acts of vandalism was a thing of the past how wrong can i be. Good job its insured....Lets just hope they have a good laugh as fingerprints were lifted from the car, so lets hope that we might just find them....Just wanted people to know about this and keep your eyes out on your vehicles so that it does not happen to you.......

keep on smiling.....I am.....p.s. Has any one got a drivers wing mirror ford a 1995 fiesta.......

DarkAngel
23-Jan-07, 16:05
Yer right justine just Mindless vandalism..Thats awful whats they have done to your car. People just have no respect these days and think its funny to vandal other people property. Wasnt that long ago i had my car scratched right down and my wing mirror ripped off too..Thankfully we caught the people who done it as they ruined everyone elses car on the street too.

I really hope they catch who did it justine and they pay you and your family back every penny or compensation and for that car damage too!:(

justine
23-Jan-07, 16:11
Dont want nothing off them, they get their thrills like that shows how simple minded people are.Car insured getting fixed in morning but not nice for the kids...I just dont like cowards..If it was just wrong car wrong place fine if it personal then they want to come see me and give reasons.Would not like to think i did something to someone and not know it, Thanks for you concern and speak to you soon...

DarkAngel
23-Jan-07, 16:14
I think its really disgracefull..Some people just vandal things coz they do get a thrill out of it..Was any other car damaged in the street or was it just your one?

justine
23-Jan-07, 16:21
just ours but all the bins in the street were everywhere.Like i said if it personal i would like to no why.And why cant they come to me and say I got a problem with you but i dont bother anyone and hardly speak to people.Sometimes it feels like we are outcast because we not from wick, but thats life.Just rather have a clearer picture of why our car.Spite the kids is all it done and inconvienienced us a wee bit.

pat
23-Jan-07, 16:44
I do not blame the children - I blame the parents, often they do not know where their children are or appear to take any interest in what, where or who the young people are with or what they are doing. If youngsters are not brought up with respect they show no respect for anyone or anything. Give a youngster respect, you get respect in return and usually reasonable behaviour. Give the kids £10 or £20 a night and show them the door, we cannot be bothered bringing them up seems to be the attitude of many parents - one way to get vandalism, graffitti, drinking, smoking, drug culture for sure.

danc1ngwitch
23-Jan-07, 16:54
there is no saying that it is children and so to attack children for this is once again mindless. I am sorry to hear that this has been done, it's a great shame that maybe the people involved don't have the guts to face you over probably something very petty. I am sure that possibly some one on the org might know a little something and might even pass it onto you. So maybe they will be a little afraid incase they are found out. Maybe they just don't care which is just pathetic. I really hope you find out who did it. More so i hope you find out the reason why? why?

The Angel Of Death
23-Jan-07, 17:24
Same as me Justine some scrote decided that my wing mirror needed kicking off the car obviously they don't appreciate my taste in cars and decided to chav my ride !!!

justine
23-Jan-07, 17:34
Dont think it was kids the bin had to been picked up an thrown forcebly at the car.Windows dont smash so easyily.Bin was nearly full, at it was done around 1-2am. Would be nice if someone would help me, but i doubt that happening very much....But when you have kids money aint that easy to have spare, and it was 60 for the access on the glass, another 40 for mirror, but it could have been alot worse at least it stills works..Just lets hope it dont happen again....But that might happen....But they did get fingerprints so lets hope that they got a record....Which they probably have...t.t.f.n....

pat
23-Jan-07, 18:42
Sorry about your vandalism Justine hope you catch the culprits. I am sure you will bring your own children up to respect themselves as well as others, this way your own off spring will not behave like mindless idiots and vandals, may inspire other less well informed how to behave.

lasher
23-Jan-07, 18:46
Is it really worth fixing a 11-12 year old fiesta? Cost ye more than the things worth.

compo
23-Jan-07, 18:57
realy sorry to hear about your car at least the excess wast to bad i had the same thing the other morning got in the car drove dog to beach then coming back to the car spoted the damage the whole bumper strip on the door had been riped of and judging by the scratches it was maybe annother car looked about outside but no signe of the strip so maybe we will nevr know and cant aford the excess as its body work and spraying it will be in the 2 hundred pounds mark. any way when its time for a new car its back to bangers for me as this cars not even paid for yet. hear breaking isnt it that people sorry some people wont even own up to an accident or would stoop so low as to do that to any one. hope you get them

blondscot
24-Jan-07, 00:59
sorry to hear about your car but is it because they are from wick that you are assuming that they will have a criminal record or is it that you have some idea of who done it and left their fingerprints? as not everyone in wick has a record!

JAWS
24-Jan-07, 01:19
It's probably not personal, Justine. More probably it's simple jealousy, "Why should you have something I don't have? I can't have it so I'll smash it!"

Most people learn better behaviour whilst they are toddlers, some never grow out of it. They go all through their lives believing it's not fair that somebody has something they haven't got so they either want to take it off them or, failing that, destroy it.

golach
24-Jan-07, 10:08
It's probably not personal, Justine. More probably it's simple jealousy, "Why should you have something I don't have? I can't have it so I'll smash it!"
Most people learn better behaviour whilst they are toddlers, some never grow out of it. They go all through their lives believing it's not fair that somebody has something they haven't got so they either want to take it off them or, failing that, destroy it.
This is a sad reflection of our sick society today Jaws, once again you have hit the nail on the head.

justine
24-Jan-07, 12:37
I have some idea who it is and if i could prove it i would but like everything else it almost impossible.Any way no it aint worth fixing her as the door is damaged and cant find anyone breaking a fiesta.But the car has not even done 50,000 on the clock and is the best little car,and an automatic which is the only kind i can drive.If anyone hears of a fiesta being broken could they please let me know, but i will have to just buy another car for the mean time as automatics are like gold dust up hear.... No i dont think that all people in wick have records but i live on cairndhuna and i am pretty sure there are a few on the street that are known........Anyway thanks for everytone who replied to my thread and lets just hope that wick can stay quaint highland town instead of what we left behind in england....A holes without manners....

young
24-Jan-07, 12:50
I have some idea who it is and if i could prove it i would but like everything else it almost impossible.Any way no it aint worth fixing her as the door is damaged and cant find anyone breaking a fiesta.But the car has not even done 50,000 on the clock and is the best little car,and an automatic which is the only kind i can drive.If anyone hears of a fiesta being broken could they please let me know, but i will have to just buy another car for the mean time as automatics are like gold dust up hear.... No i dont think that all people in wick have records but i live on cairndhuna and i am pretty sure there are a few on the street that are known........Anyway thanks for everytone who replied to my thread and lets just hope that wick can stay quaint highland town instead of what we left behind in england....A holes without manners....

try overton car dismantlers in Aberdeen they will probably have what you are looking for and they deliver to janetstown depot in Thurso:)

johno
24-Jan-07, 13:01
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk696LDGB)
Yes this type of thing is now all to common now. Ihave had my car vandalised a few times. had a wing scratched on a new car i had. got the repair fixed that very day by a good mate .parked the car outside the house that night, next morning the car had the exact same scratch back on the same wing.
Boy was i mad. I dont think that i had stood on any ones toes so i just put it down to envy as i was just visiting the town at that time. Funny though it all came out at a party i had just left a good many years later. turned out to be a nephew of my wifes, he bragged about it there. Funny how things come out with the drink. i didnt think he hated me that much .now have a drive way so the car is RELATAVELYsafe now. i have capitalised the word relatavely ? But this sort of thing is sense less ,childish and just plain stupid. when this happens to you you feel like part of you has been invaded, like having your home broken into.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk696LDGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk696LDGB&utm_id=7925)

Victoria
24-Jan-07, 13:05

I dont know if anyone else has suggested this.... but have you tried Ebay. My boyfriend has got wing mirrow off of there before

quality
24-Jan-07, 13:22
Hi,

Try this link

http://www.ukmotoringdirectory.co.uk/motoring.php?id=1922

johno
24-Jan-07, 13:28
I dont know if anyone else has suggested this.... but have you tried Ebay. My boyfriend has got wing mirrow off of there before You likely would get the parts from ebay but the postage will be horrendous. Better to try car spares on our own web site caithness org.
there are bound to be those parts available in and around wick you might even be lucky enough to get the same colour. The MK 3 & 4 FIESTA ,s share the same panels. think that even the mk5 is the same cept for the headlights &bonnet

badger
24-Jan-07, 13:46
Do hope you get spare parts but it is a horrible thing to happen, especially if you think it's someone nearby. Apart from the complete lack of respect for other people's belongings, there is also a weird attitude that "insurance will pay". It will but premiums will go up so the victim always suffers.

There was a scary item on the radio the other day when teenagers were asked how they would feel if they killed a girlfriend speeding and the reply was "get another one". And if you kill yourself? Too bad, doesn't matter. If that's how they feel about human life, is it any wonder they don't care about anything else?

I'm not saying this incident is down to teenagers but lack of caring in all age groups seems increasingly common.

stratman
24-Jan-07, 13:53
Someone once had a very loose dump on my lawn at night and then broke my car side window to get my windscreen cloth and wipe their bum. Credit to their hygiene I suppose.

justine
24-Jan-07, 15:20
Thanks to all for answering and caring.I wish vandals would go a break there own stuff and leave us alone.We have managed to get a door sorted out from a link from BETTYHILL... Thanks again to all......

johno
24-Jan-07, 16:06
Someone once had a very loose dump on my lawn at night and then broke my car side window to get my windscreen cloth and wipe their bum. Credit to their hygiene I suppose.

that was an absolutely disgusting thing to do to any one. just goes to show the mentality of the lowlife that creep,s about in the middle of the night.
suppose they thought that that was funny but it really means that the
person/people involved need to seek pchyciatric help.

justine
25-Jan-07, 16:02
Managed to get hold of all the parts required so i am doing her up.She be a new car soon