PDA

View Full Version : Snowbuntings

highlander
23-Jan-07, 15:01
Just seen a flock of about 50 snowbuntings feeding in field by the roadside oh the janetstown road, take the turning by the telephone box, and are feeding on field of stubble on right hand side, beautiful sight to see.

kas
27-Jan-07, 17:37
They were here last year as well. Catherine got some great photos of them, maybe she will post them if she can find them. There were quite a lot of other finches in the same field as well. Every time I have been past there this year it has been breezy so I have not seen much.

Cracking little birds, the only ones I have seen this year have been on Dunnet beach.

catherine nicol
11-Feb-07, 14:33
They were here last year as well. Catherine got some great photos of them, maybe she will post them if she can find them. There were quite a lot of other finches in the same field as well. Every time I have been past there this year it has been breezy so I have not seen much.

Cracking little birds, the only ones I have seen this year have been on Dunnet beach.

Sadly in my haste to free up memory on my pc I have downloaded most of my photos to CDs and cannot find the snowbuntings on first browse through. I will keep looking and post them if I find them again.

I will try to photograph some this year, weather/timing willing.

highlander
14-Feb-07, 02:03
Here is some beautiful photo's and informaton about the buntings, the rest of the site is great too.
http://www.arkive.org/species/ARK/birds/Plectrophenax_nivalis/more_still_images.html