PDA

View Full Version : Neighbourhood Watch Schemes

Fran
03-Mar-05, 03:27
I have been very interested to read the forum on Special Constables which led to the subject of Neighbourhood Watch Schemes.
As far as I know there are none in Wick and I intend to start one in my area, in light of the incident in which Mr Sutherland died at the weekend in Dunnet Avenue.
I have contacted the crime prevention co-ordinator and will be arranging a pub lic meeting with my neighbours soon.
I hope everyone else will consider doing this in their areas too. It also reduces your household insurance cost if you are in such a scheme.
This is something I have wanted to do for a few years, and now I will definetly proceed.

katarina
03-Mar-05, 09:50
Will we all be told when the meeting is?

Julia
03-Mar-05, 13:44
Excellent idea, I'd definitely come along, will you let us know which areas please?

00Smee
03-Mar-05, 14:34
Why did you make a new thread about this when there is a topic about specials and neighbour hood watch schemes on it?

Fifi
03-Mar-05, 18:04
Makes perfect sense to start a new thread as Fran is starting a new group and the previous posts "specials" and "snowballs" titles are hardly relevant! (there's also a lot of content in them now to wade through!)

Good on you Fran - maybe you can get a page on the community index here so that we can all see what is going on and others may get inspired to give it a go. It's good to see someone putting their money where their mouth is! (from one who hasn't, yet)

Fran
04-Mar-05, 00:49
:o) As far as I know, different areas have different neighbourhood watch schemes in a town. I am waiting to see the crime prevention officer at wick Poilice station and if he will give a talk on it and advise people I will hold a public meeting in wick for everyone. then if interested they can form their pwn groups. I am pleased so many people are interested. It will help prevent parked car damage and burglaries and vandalisms in your street, reduce your insurance cost for car and home.
I will get back to you here when i have more details.

We WILL beat crime in wick.

girnigoe
04-Mar-05, 00:53
What does this scheme actually involve? Would we have to take it in turns to patrol the area - excuse my ignorance!!! :D

gleeber
04-Mar-05, 01:15
What does this scheme actually involve? Would we have to take it in turns to patrol the area - excuse my ignorance!!! :D

It choost calls for a wee bit more awareness when yer teetan oot o yer curtains. :D