PDA

View Full Version : Coronation chicken

secrets in symmetry
31-May-13, 23:03
Why are secessionists afraid of celebrating the 60th anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth? Is it because they know their arguments for secession are based on lies?

secrets in symmetry
04-Jun-13, 23:55
Congratulations to Her Royal Highness on the 60th anniversary of her Coronation.

macadamia
05-Jun-13, 00:35
To see the example of a lady who has given dutiful service to her country for 60 years, and the celebrations surrounding that awesome contribution, make the whole business of Scotland scarpering off into the sunset even more nonsensical than it ever was. Congratulations and Gratitude to Her Majesty the Queen.

Alrock
05-Jun-13, 07:38
Why are secessionists afraid of celebrating the 60th anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth? Is it because they know their arguments for secession are based on lies?

Or maybe they are just republicans who see the Monarchy for what it is.... An outdated heredity undemocratic system that should have been left behind in the dark ages....

squidge
05-Jun-13, 07:43
Well i love all the pomp and circumstance. I think its great. I even found myself singing along to hymns which I thought long forgotten from my childhood. It reminded me of my grannie and how she would have liked it. I enjoyed it.

PantsMAN
05-Jun-13, 12:05
Congratulates to Her Royal Highness on the 60th anniversary of her Coronation.

Yes Sir. No Sir. Three bags full Sir.

I am sure it is not only the "secessionist filth" who have no time for the Monarchy.

Ref - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?205834-Sir-Chris-Hoy-abused-by-ignorant-biggots&p=1031293#post1031293

But hey, you keep up your efforts - it's highly amusing if a bit transparent.

-and correct me if I'm wrong, [you sure will] but shouldn't that be 'congratulations'? A minor point I'll grant you. :roll:

hedgehogger
05-Jun-13, 18:00
and yet another thread started by the troll to incite, provoke and provide the required response that such a troll desires......give it up SiS.....

secrets in symmetry
06-Jun-13, 00:01
To see the example of a lady who has given dutiful service to her country for 60 years, and the celebrations surrounding that awesome contribution, make the whole business of Scotland scarpering off into the sunset even more nonsensical than it ever was. Congratulations and Gratitude to Her Majesty the Queen.Yes, indeed. She is a marvellous role model, to whom uneducated riff raff should aspire.

mi16
06-Jun-13, 13:16
I like coronation chicken, not quite as much as ham, tomato and laughing cow with pepper. But its tasty all the same.
Egg Mayo today with a bowl of chicken soup, lovely.

secrets in symmetry
06-Jun-13, 22:12
I don't like Coronation Chicken. I thought of having it for lunch on the 4th, but in the end I didn't.

PantsMAN
06-Jun-13, 23:07
I don't like Coronation Chicken.

Tripe might have been a more appropriate dish of the day? [lol]

secrets in symmetry
07-Jun-13, 23:57
Or maybe they are just republicans who see the Monarchy for what it is.... An outdated heredity undemocratic system that should have been left behind in the dark ages....The dark ages would be those wished for by pusillanimous secessionists. They will never be.

PantsMAN
08-Jun-13, 13:20
T..... pusillanimous secessionists.

Surely that's a wee oxymoron. The very idea of secession is NOT for the faint-hearted or cowardly; a great leap into the relative unknown and the exciting world of having control.

Aren't the pusillanimous ones, those who wish for nothing more than the comfy status quo? Wherein decisions are taken for them by their betters...

macadamia
08-Jun-13, 13:42
An oxymoronic phrase might well be found in the winning combination of "a great leap into the relative unknown and the exciting world of having control." PantsMAN believes you have control in the unknown. This really bodes well for Standalone-Scotland - not. I agree,not pusillanimous. But, given that great selling point, perhaps daft.

secrets in symmetry
08-Jun-13, 20:36
Secessionism is pusillanimous. Selfishness is always pusillanimous, as is being scared of working with (and competing with) with your nearest neighbours.

For empirical evidence, you need only look as far as the secessionists themselves. You see wimps, failures, the uneducated, the unimpressive, the selfish and of course the downright nasty. This being Caithness, the good news is that there are rather few of the latter.

PantsMAN
08-Jun-13, 22:38
An oxymoronic phrase might well be found in the winning combination of "a great leap into the relative unknown and the exciting world of having control." PantsMAN believes you have control in the unknown. This really bodes well for Standalone-Scotland - not. I agree,not pusillanimous. But, given that great selling point, perhaps daft.

No, I believe that in the 'unknown' at least we can have control of our own future. Currently we don't have that right. Similarly the rest of Great Britain is being run by the Londoncentric party of Tory Boys for their own benefit. I expect many others would relish the opportunity to make the decision we may make.

macadamia
08-Jun-13, 23:52
Listen, you NEED the "Londoncentric party of Tory Boys." They represent the "THEY" which everybody and anybody can do so much better than. Scotland's whole existence relies on a "they" being external, a figure to blame when life gets nasty. You may not have noticed, but most of the developed world is going through a tough time at the moment, and the UK is responding by operating a plan which every other party, in various ways, agrees is the safest way back. But it suits Scotland to blame the UK government for all its ills, and never actually take any responsibility for any of its occasionally ill-thought out actions itself. I expect to see the Tory Boys eventually blamed for the cost of the Edinburgh Parliament, and the Edinburgh Tram Service. And, in the most unlikely event of the secessionists removing Scotland from the UK, I give it three years before the "they" which used to be London becomes the "they " in Edinburgh.

PantsMAN
09-Jun-13, 10:26
Listen, you NEED the "Londoncentric party of Tory Boys."
SNIP - SNIP
I give it three years before the "they" which used to be London becomes the "they " in Edinburgh.

You may not have noticed that bodies such as the IMF are decrying Osborne's austerity plans.

You may not have noticed that it is the least-fortunate members of society who are suffering the most under this government.

You may not have noticed that the chancellor's flagship Help to Buy programme is artificially inflating property prices and driving young people deeper into "indentured servitude".

And as for your cod psychology regarding the needs of the Scottish people, well ...

orkneycadian
09-Jun-13, 11:25
I like coronation chicken, not quite as much as ham, tomato and laughing cow with pepper. But its tasty all the same.
Egg Mayo today with a bowl of chicken soup, lovely.

I don't like Coronation Chicken. I thought of having it for lunch on the 4th, but in the end I didn't.

Is this not what Facebook was invented for?

secrets in symmetry
16-Jun-13, 22:49
It's a pity Prince Philip wasn't able to attend the Queen's Official Birthday Celebrations this weekend.

Why didn't she invite Sir Tony Baldrick to be at her side?