PDA

View Full Version : The unique inhabitants of the UK

golach
23-Jan-07, 00:17
I read this in a Newspaper at the weekend and I thought it was funny, no slur intended to anyone.

First we have the Scots, who keep the Sabbeth - and anything else they can lay their hands on.
Next we have the Welsh who pray on their knees - and their neighbours.
Thirdly we have the Irish, who dont know what they want, but will fight anyone to get it.
Finally we have the English, who consider themselves a self-made nation - Thus relieving the Almighty of a terrible responsibility.

emb123
23-Jan-07, 00:19
very funny!

North Rhins
23-Jan-07, 00:23
When the first inhabitants of Scotland saw the richness of the land, the majesty of the mountains, and the beauty of the sea, they thought they had it made. Then they found out who they had as neighbours,

JAWS
23-Jan-07, 00:25
Golach, that is probably the truest description of the occupants of these Islands I have ever seen. :eek:

danc1ngwitch
23-Jan-07, 19:21
very good lol

Buttercup
23-Jan-07, 20:23
Excellent ~ you've surpassed yoursel' golach! [lol]

cuddlepop
23-Jan-07, 21:08
I read this in a Newspaper at the weekend and I thought it was funny, no slur intended to anyone.

First we have the Scots, who keep the Sabbeth - and anything else they can lay their hands on.
Next we have the Welsh who pray on their knees - and their neighbours.
Thirdly we have the Irish, who dont know what they want, but will fight anyone to get it.
Finally we have the English, who consider themselves a self-made nation - Thus relieving the Almighty of a terrible responsibility.
I love this discription,made me laugh:lol:

daviddd
23-Jan-07, 21:30
Very good!

I think the English thought they were a SMN some 30 or 40 years ago but in reality, although many English people (and I was born there) maybe think they still are, England is very much economically dependent on other nations, multinationals and the like, as well as being dependent on other nationals to do the jobs that they don't want to do....

Of course Scotland, NI and Wales are in the same boat - we're all internationalists with much less of a national persepective that ever. I think personally the words above are somewhat outdated, and with time we will less and less look at how we fellow UK countries are different, and ultimately the whole world will grow to be as one.

Especially when the dreaded CC takes it's toll!

emb123
24-Jan-07, 00:09
[snip]
I think personally the words above are somewhat outdated, and with time we will less and less look at how we fellow UK countries are different, and ultimately the whole world will grow to be as one.
[snip]

perish the thought! Co-operation and interdependence is wonderful.... until one of the links fails.... Then it's a toss up as to whether 'house of cards' or 'domino effect' would describe the resulting problems better.

golach
24-Jan-07, 00:22
Very good!

I think the English thought they were a SMN some 30 or 40 years ago but in reality, although many English people (and I was born there) maybe think they still are, England is very much economically dependent on other nations, multinationals and the like, as well as being dependent on other nationals to do the jobs that they don't want to do....

Of course Scotland, NI and Wales are in the same boat - we're all internationalists with much less of a national persepective that ever. I think personally the words above are somewhat outdated, and with time we will less and less look at how we fellow UK countries are different, and ultimately the whole world will grow to be as one.

Especially when the dreaded CC takes it's toll!
Daviddd- It was a JOKE....cheeeeze some folk [disgust]