PDA

View Full Version : Ever lost your cell phone?

David Banks
28-May-13, 21:44
I was lucky to find mine a couple of hours later, hiding amongst the dandelions in a public park - but not before I had run through a whole series of things what to do if . . .

rich62_uk
28-May-13, 21:56
I have washed the dishes and for some reason the phone too, I dropped another one smashing the screen as I took it out of the box brand new (that one hurt). I have washed two in the washing machine and totally misplaced one never to be seen again.

I now dont have one cant be bothered with them.

Dadie
28-May-13, 22:20
Yup lost my old phone for months in the house (live in a mobile blackspot so ringing it didnt work) and it didnt cheep low battery where it was hidden...just before hubby bought me a new one(2 mins to go on ebay with the prices they go for researched)...better than the phone I had by miles ...one of the kids wandered through with it!
Gutted!
Now my mobile goes walkabout daily as the kids love to play games on it(hide it when they take without asking)...but its not as good as hubbys ...

joxville
28-May-13, 23:05
I have never lost, smashed nor washed a phone; I think anyone who does is just careless and clumsy. Then again, not everyone is as perfect as me! :-)

nightspirit
29-May-13, 20:43
for the 1st time i lost a phone the other week ( was my cheap crappy work phone)- just vanished into thin air whilst i was off work with a busted foot. Went back to work still no sign despite turning flat upside down. weird !

ValandGeorge
03-Jun-13, 21:48
Lost my iPhone 3 in Glasgow on the train but managed to get it blocked before some some unwashed wedgie managed to get any benefit from it! Girlfriend has a habit of destroying rather than losing phones,she managed to accidentally hit one with a two pound hammer, and that really was an accident!

joxville
03-Jun-13, 22:16
So you assume everyone in Glasgow is unwashed? That's okay, because I think everyone in the Harpsdale area is an idiot.

jacko
03-Jun-13, 22:30
nope, not yet.

emmz
04-Jun-13, 09:08
I lost mine while doing the gardening my 2 year old was helping I can only assume she planted it with the bulbs its been over a year I gave up ever finding it now however we did lose then find my mums one when the same little darling was playing with it turned the house upside down looking for it for days shifting furniture lifted the carpet we had just laid incase it was under it then the wee madam just walks through with it pretending shes talking to the dog!!!! Still dont know where she was hiding it lol

George Brims
04-Jun-13, 18:10
So you assume everyone in Glasgow is unwashed? That's okay, because I think everyone in the Harpsdale area is an idiot.
As evidenced by the failure to spell "weegie" properly.

George Brims
04-Jun-13, 18:15
I used to use a belt holder thing for my first few cell phones. (I've now gone Android and haven't yet really worked out where to put a thing that size without squashing it. I refuse to adopt the "murse".) The elastic broke on the belt thingy so I did what the mannie at the phone shop said never to do, put it in my shirt pocket. Then I got home to find the infamous Santa Ana winds had shifted the outside table and umbrella 20 feet South. Since they started out 10 feet from the pool this was not optimal. I bent down and grasped the edge of the umbrella and was slowly pulling the whole thing towards me when I heard a "plop!" to my left and watched the phone slide down the slope into the deep end. RIP Razr.