PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in Cars with Kids

mi16
28-May-13, 15:25
I see MSP Jim Hume is lobbying to make smoking in cars containing children an offence.
Im all for it its not fair expectign a child to inhale your disgusting fumes and have their health put at risk, in fact they should go one further and make smoking whilst driving an offence full stop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-22684036

billmoseley
28-May-13, 18:53
i agree whole heartedly with what you say. As an ex smoker i think it was wrong of me to smoke when i had kids in my car and yer often i would get distracted looking for my fags and lighter

George Brims
28-May-13, 18:57
Bill I had a friend a few years ago who rolled her car over several times because she tried to light a ciggie with book matches and came to a bend sooner than she expected. Luckily she survived without serious injury. Here in California, I actually get a discount on my car insurance because me and the Mrs are both non-smokers.

golach
28-May-13, 19:02
am with this 100% and I was a smoker

ducati
28-May-13, 19:24
I agree 100% about kids in cars. They shouldn't be allowed.

George Brims
28-May-13, 19:37
I agree 100% about kids in cars. They shouldn't be allowed.
You have a point - they can be pretty distracting!

Kevin Milkins
29-May-13, 07:10
I'm ashamed to say that we used to smoke with the kids in the car:(, but now I can't be close to anyone smoking let alone in a confined space, (sorry kids).

I now think cars ought to be banned and that will kill two birds with one stone.

BRIE
30-May-13, 22:25
My parents used to smoke in the car when we were kids & just thinking about it makes me feel sick! The horrible smell of sulfur off the matches, stinging eyes with the smoke & the pounding headache from breathing in all the smoke never mind the smell of your clothes when you left the car!Yuk:~(

rogermellie
31-May-13, 00:22
in fairness to smokers (i'm an ex), they usually smoke with their fag and face leaning towards the open window thinking this will get rid of all the smoke
even smoking without kids in the car isn't the answer.

if you regularly smoke in your car and then a non smoking passenger/child gets in, you can bet they boak at the smell

it's not until you stop smoking that you realise how strong and lingering the fumes are

on a positive note ... smokers are a dying breed :cool: