PDA

View Full Version : Wick Traffic Warden

Mik.M.
28-May-13, 12:32
Does anyone know what the Traffic Warden in Wick actually does? Cars parked all the way from the bridge to the traffic lights and it`s like that most of the time. I could understand if it cost £5 to park in the car park,but it`s free.Obviously he`s not paid on the number of tickets he hands out or he`d be starving.:lol:

DunnetKnowe
28-May-13, 12:46
Does anyone know what the Traffic Warden in Wick actually does?

Why not ask him rather than us?

Kodiak
28-May-13, 12:55
Why not ask him rather than us?

I think the OP is asking here as he can not ask the Traffic Warden as he is never seen, or at least the last time I saw a Traffic Warden in Wick was about 8 years ago.

Now that is a good idea lets play "Spot the Traffic Warden"

Post here if you see a Traffic Warden, Where and When, What he was doing etc etc.

The results could be very interesting indeed.

mi16
28-May-13, 12:57
Does anyone know what the Traffic Warden in Wick actually does? Cars parked all the way from the bridge to the traffic lights and it`s like that most of the time. I could understand if it cost £5 to park in the car park,but it`s free.Obviously he`s not paid on the number of tickets he hands out or he`d be starving.:lol:

You could always call the police, they deal with toad traffic offences also.

DunnetKnowe
28-May-13, 13:11
they deal with toad traffic offences

That'll be these then....

http://www.safetysignsandppe.co.uk/js/plugins/imagemanager/files/traffic/551.1-Toad-crossing.jpg

mi16
28-May-13, 13:25
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/985266)

Kevin Milkins
28-May-13, 16:08
I think he does a good job when he is on duty in Wick, but I think he works between Thurso and Wick. The street certainly gets congested when he is off work.

burstbucker
28-May-13, 16:51
He was on duty today but the centre of Wick was a nightmare before lunchtime.

Gronnuck
28-May-13, 17:24

People park from the bridge to the traffic lights because they can. All the lines and signs allow parking for loading and unloading at given times. The Traffic Warden isn't going to waste his time if the traffic is still moving and no offence is being committed. Yes it can be annoying for drivers passing through Wick but we're all aware of occasional problems and most of us accept it as part and parcel of living hereabouts. If you have a real grievence go to the police and complain there.

DunnetKnowe
28-May-13, 18:23
Everything's relative I suppose, but really......

...the centre of Wick was a nightmare before lunchtime.

The "centre of Wick" will be that 200yrd street from the Town Hall to Dominos. What was it like - 5 lanes stacked deep for 3 hours in both directions ? This is Wick, not L.A. You must hate it when you have to wait for the traffic lights to change.

billmoseley
28-May-13, 18:48
i was in wick hospital last week and watched him ticket a car in the hospital car park

burstbucker
28-May-13, 19:53
Everything's relative I suppose, but really......

The "centre of Wick" will be that 200yrd street from the Town Hall to Dominos. What was it like - 5 lanes stacked deep for 3 hours in both directions ? This is Wick, not L.A. You must hate it when you have to wait for the traffic lights to change.

I was only comparing it with normal days, today was a lot worse than normal. Come down from you're pedestal and get a life.

Southern-Gal
28-May-13, 20:04
I think the OP is asking here as he can not ask the Traffic Warden as he is never seen, or at least the last time I saw a Traffic Warden in Wick was about 8 years ago.

Now that is a good idea lets play "Spot the Traffic Warden"

Post here if you see a Traffic Warden, Where and When, What he was doing etc etc.

The results could be very interesting indeed.

He was definitely there today! Standing right on the corner at the lights watching the traffic go by :)

south view 7
29-May-13, 20:50
i was in wick hospital last week and watched him ticket a car in the hospital car park The ticket was for road tax expired (4 m0nths)

catran
29-May-13, 22:27
well what can he do when they all have blue badges?

He was definitely there today! Standing right on the corner at the lights watching the traffic go by :)