PDA

View Full Version : The best place for an MOT

Sapphire2803
22-Jan-07, 19:56
Ok, what is the best (most reasonable) place to get a car MOT'd in Wick?

Somewhere that they won't fail it just to get the work. That has happened to me before :~( Though not in Wick admittedly

DarkAngel
22-Jan-07, 21:42
I always get my Car MOT at Richards Garage in Wick..Its never failed yet! :)

octane
25-Jan-07, 02:02
all the garages round here are reasonable and honest mate, if your around while they do the test some of them will let you view. But should anything be wrong then they will show you and explain why its failed.

Sapphire2803
25-Jan-07, 11:14
Ok, Thanks guys.

To be honest, I fully expect my car to fail and i don't mind that. If the work needs doing then I'll get it done. I'm just a bit wary because in the past I had a car fail because it needed a new reverse light bulb and one of the brake sliders needed freeing up, ok I said you'd better do it then. I went back that afternoon and they handed me a bill for £250!!!!
I've dreaded MOTs ever since... On the other hand, I bought a car a couple of years ago with a brand new MOT on it and when I really looked it over I found about half a dozen things that should have failed the MOT. The car was dangerous. To cut a long story short I ended up stuck with the car and having to have the repairs done myself... Probably the most expensive car I've ever owned :( Now that's the joy of living in a city!

Anyway I'll shall go off with renewed confidence and put my garden ornament in for an MOT see if I can get the poor old girl back on the road. :D

DarkAngel
25-Jan-07, 22:43
Sapphire..My car got done at Richards and it also had a failed bulb light also rear..But he failed it and then fixed it and i paid the extra..Passed when i got it back..I got the note saying he had replaced a new one and that it had passed. Hope you get your car sorted soon! Best of luck :)

nicnak
25-Jan-07, 23:43
We have used Mcconnechys at Wick since we moved up and cannot praise them highly enough, the guys are always straight up, cheerful, and always willing to help or give advice and more to the point you dont get ripped off!
what more could you want!