PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Tugmistress
26-May-13, 17:49
Hi,
is there any kind orger out there good with wood and could make us a bailey chair please? I am willing to pay for materials and also a little on top for doing the job.
if you google bailey chair this is the best link (http://issuu.com/editorgrn/docs/bailey_s_chair_instructions) i have seen for making one

I really hope someone can help, dougal has outgrown his 'bin' and he is getting too big for me to pick up straight after feeding to hold him upright for nearly 30 minutes.

Torvaig
27-May-13, 00:56
Bob & Fiona Matthews of "Homefixit" in Castletown on 01847 821 014 are worth a try. Bob can tackle most jobs.....good luck!

Tilly Teckel
27-May-13, 02:27
Wow - I had to google Bailey chair to see what this was all about, and I was amazed! I'd never heard of Megaesophagus, but it's fantastic that this chair has been designed by dog owners to help.

The design seems quite simple, and my other half is good at making things with wood (chicken coops and other things) so he may be able to help. If you want to PM me your number he can call you to have a chat about it.*

* Just noticed you have a mobile number on your website - he'll call that! :Razz

Tugmistress
27-May-13, 10:54
Thank you both :) i will await the phone call Tilly and if he thinks he can do it then great, but if not i will give Bob a call after :)

ducati
27-May-13, 11:11
How is Dougal getting on? I think he found the best possible home. :D

Tugmistress
27-May-13, 11:30
He is doing pretty good most of the time, then there's time like this past 3 or 4 days where everything that's gone down is trying to make an appearance back up again - yuk! i am hoping that being able to feed him in a chair then let him have some water in there too it will help him keep it all down if he will stay in the long enough :) Other than that he is running riot as always, being loving and snuggly and generally enjoying life :)

Torvaig
27-May-13, 12:19
He is doing pretty good most of the time, then there's time like this past 3 or 4 days where everything that's gone down is trying to make an appearance back up again - yuk! i am hoping that being able to feed him in a chair then let him have some water in there too it will help him keep it all down if he will stay in the long enough :) Other than that he is running riot as always, being loving and snuggly and generally enjoying life :)

That our Dougal; he's a fighter!

poppett
29-May-13, 14:37
What about Glyn at Rivendell? He is very crafty.

Tilly Teckel
30-Jul-13, 01:54
Just thought I'd add this gorgeous pic of Dougal in his new chair; it makes me smile every time I see it!

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo316/flamespheonix/Dougal_zps69a19d7a.jpg (http://s387.photobucket.com/user/flamespheonix/media/Dougal_zps69a19d7a.jpg.html)

Liz
30-Jul-13, 13:05
Aw Dougal looks so cute in his beautiful new chair. :)

teenybash
31-Jul-13, 18:04
Awe luv the pic and he looks as if he's saying..... ''Okay I is ready...so where's my dinner??'' :confused

linnie612
01-Aug-13, 23:14
Such a lovely photo!:) - and I hope Dougal gets to play on the sit 'n' ride pictured next to him.

Tugmistress
02-Aug-13, 10:02
lol he has now outgrown this chair! he pushed the sides apart, he is a strong little so and so! and when finished his dinner he can jump straight out of it the little rotter! he is just a total ball of fun but at the moment has aspirated pneumonia again :(
Can't afford another bigger stronger chair so back to getting him up on two legs at the end of the settee and getting voered in food as he is still fed off a baby spoon!