PDA

View Full Version : Only luck Westminster have not blown us up

brian
25-May-13, 09:17
proposed Atomic Bomb Test Detonation Duncansbay head and the placement of Dounreay in case it blew up, and you wonder why i am voting for independence, there's a clue there some where!

equusdriving
25-May-13, 09:48
proposed Atomic Bomb Test Detonation Duncansbay head and the placement of Dounreay in case it blew up, and you wonder why i am voting for independence, there's a clue there some where!

yes especially as that was only 60 years ago, glad to see you are weighing up all the current pros and cons,and not being narrow minded, bigoted or being driven to vote by some anti-British chip on your shoulder[disgust]

orkneycadian
25-May-13, 10:01
Hmmm, so the Yes camp are supporters of not giving places like Caithness the opportunity to be at the forefront of new technology, and bringing significant employment to the area?

OK, will add that to Piratelassie's previous claims that political parties who aspire to secede from unified states have "dangerous policies"

Need any more bullets for that gun thats pointing at your foot?

ducati
25-May-13, 19:49
BOOM! What was that? :eek:

sids
25-May-13, 20:07

They proposed bomb tests at various places in England too, but I expect that doesn't count, or something.

I haven't wondered about it much, but I suspect you'll vote for independence not because you're a genius.

Torvaig
27-May-13, 09:47
BOOM! What was that? :eek: That was spammers on another thread.......boom, boom!

golach
27-May-13, 10:07
The present Scottish Nuclear power station Torness is located 30 miles from Edinburgh and very near to Dunbar, I have no problem with that. Dounreay since its conception has provided many jobs and even now still does. None of these reasons would make me vote for independence.

DunnetKnowe
27-May-13, 10:48
The present Scottish Nuclear power station Torness is located 30 miles from Edinburgh

Yes, I've never understood those who claim that nuclear power stations are only built a long way from the centre of political power and populations. How do they therefore explain:
- Torness (Edinburgh)
- Hunterston (Glasgow)
- Sizewell (London and the South East)
- Dungeness (the entire population of Kent)
- Hinckley (Bristol and Cardiff)

Rheghead
27-May-13, 16:56
Here is photomontage to give us some idea what it would be like.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/Dounreayblast.jpg

DunnetKnowe
27-May-13, 17:19
Here is photomontage to give us some idea what it would be like.

At least they got a nice for day it.

orkneycadian
27-May-13, 17:53
Can you add one of those windymill thingies into the picture too Rheghead, so we can get a like for like comparison?

Rheghead
27-May-13, 18:17
Can you add one of those windymill thingies into the picture too Rheghead, so we can get a like for like comparison?

They already are in the picture such is the aesthetically benign nature of wind power.

sids
27-May-13, 18:39
Windmills: less obtrusive than atomic war.

In case anyone was wondering.

Whitewater
27-May-13, 21:22

That is old news, a very well known fact a few years ago.

ducati
27-May-13, 22:10

Yes, the planning would go much more smoothly if people had the choice explained to them.

George Brims
28-May-13, 19:35
At least they got a nice for day it.
As I recall in the document released a few years ago where some Home Counties civil servant proposed Caithness as the site for the new fast breeder establishment, he seemed to think the rainy climate was a plus as any leaking radioactive material would be washed out of the air.