PDA

View Full Version : What are the symptoms of strep throat?????

john43
24-May-13, 18:46
I've been up all night with a very upset stomach and symptoms like i have the stomach virus but earlier today i went to the doctor and they said i had strep throat.. Are these symptoms of it?
Thanks In Advance.

ywindythesecond
24-May-13, 18:50
I've been up all night with a very upset stomach and symptoms like i have the stomach virus but earlier today i went to the doctor and they said i had strep throat.. Are these symptoms of it?
Thanks In Advance.
Would you believe our opinions rather than your doctor's?

shazzap
24-May-13, 18:54
If you are not sure, go back to your GP and say you are worried. Doctors are not always right.

cptdodger
24-May-13, 20:07
If you're worried, phone NHS 24 (Scotland) I have always found them very helpful.

orkneycadian
24-May-13, 23:40
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+are+the+symptoms+of+strep+throat%3F

Dadie
24-May-13, 23:46
Have you taken the antibiotics?
They might be playing havoc with your tummy.
Or you have strep throat and have caught the tummy bug going the rounds on top of it!
Or having a reaction to the antibiotics...
Best to see Docs again to be investigated...

hedgehogger
25-May-13, 00:35
If you're worried, phone NHS 24 (Scotland) I have always found them very helpful.

22:00..."hello, NHS24?, im feeling rather ill. I have severe stomach pains/cramp, vomiting, sweating, a high temperature and feeling really ill, i can hardly move....." NHS bloke - "fill a hot water bottle and place it on your stomach, you will be fine tomorrow, but if it gets worse, call us back, goodbye"......hour later...."i need a doctor to call round, im so ill".....NHS bloke "sorry but we have no doctors available, just fill a hot water bottle and place it on the affected area as you were told earlier, goodbye"......05:25....my father heard me fall out of bed (tried to get to the phone) and come to see what the noise was only to find me lying on the floor in a puddle of sick and blood. Ambulance called and i'm rushed into hospital but unfortunately i went into shock and nearly died due to my internal organs failing rapidly from the inflammation and infection. The ambulance arrived at the hospital just as i gave out and i had to be resucitated. I spent 2 weeks in an ICU and spent ages recovering. Turned out i had ruptured my stomach lining after falling on the ball while playing footie the day before, with the result that peritonitis had set in and i had septicemia too....... This isn't the this first time i have had issues with NHS24 and their quack diagnosis service and i will never use it again.

orkneycadian
25-May-13, 00:38
Its a bloomin dangerous game, that football....

orkneycadian
25-May-13, 00:40
Would you believe our opinions rather than your doctor's?

If its anything like the opinions on how to fix immersion heater problems, then I'm with the doctor....