PDA

View Full Version : Ex Soldiers benefits Situation

rob murray
24-May-13, 12:20
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Former-soldier-has-benefits-restored-23052013.htm

In todays groat : an appalling way to treat anyone, never mind some one who served their country.

A FORMER soldier, who had his benefits stopped after he was wrongly classed as fit to work, has had his payments renewed. The Department of Work and Pensions has finally admitted it made a mistake but the 52-year-old who had to survive without employment and support allowance payments for seven months, is looking for maximum compensation.

How did anyone expect the poor guy to live / survive ??? I predict the first of many such local cases !

cesare
24-May-13, 13:10
another example of the atrocities from DWP caused by cameroon

rob murray
24-May-13, 16:36
Compensation...the man should sue the DWP for damages, how in a supposed free country can some one be placed in this situation and eventually be told "we got it wrong" !!!! If some one owed me money in business and didn't pay within a maximum of 120 days ( 4 months ) then off to the court for recovery !!!

hedgehogger
25-May-13, 00:08
the benefits system is so skewed and adverse to what is really needed. The guy isn't alone in his plight but unless you do what he did and make it public news, i can't see any way of addressing the issue. Just recently a guy local to me lost his job and had been signing on the dole until he had an accident. He injured his leg and foot after falling into a large hole which was overgrown while walking his dog and has just recently spent a week in hospital having an operation on his shin & foot to set & pin the bones. He has been using crutches for the last 8 weeks and now he has felt able to walk without the crutches but despite the operation not having fully healed, ATOS has decided since he doesn't need crutches then he is fit to work and have stopped his payments. The jobcentre won't let him sign on as they say he obviously isn't fit to work. ATOS haven't spoken to him nor have they had him in for a medical assessment other than send him a self-assessment form and despite his doctor giving him another months sicknote and saying he is totally unfit for work he has to either find a job or go without. It's a no win situation for people like this, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. He has paid his dues and feels rightly aggrieved that his payments aren't producing the help and support he was led to believe they would........it's not the first time he has mentioned suicide.....the guy needs help, not kicked around when he is down