PDA

View Full Version : China promises to cap carbon emissions

Rheghead
23-May-13, 18:47
Finally some good news for the planet. China promises to cap emissions which puts pressure on all countries who try to stall international agreements on climate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/china-agrees-to-impose-carbon-targets-by-2016-8626101.html

Commore
23-May-13, 19:13
Fat chance of them doing anything like that, it would cost them too much.

Scout
23-May-13, 20:19
That is great news however I am not surprised China is leading they way ahead in solar, wind, and wave then any other country. It makes this country a joke we keep on saying how clean on energy we are but we are way behind China. Of course China has still got a long way to reduce coal etc. They are even cracking down on Moped making young kids change to Electric bikes. When you say China would not be able to spend on Green Energy I think it is the other way round This country will be support by China with big investment already earmarked for the UK. Most of China streets and motorways are powered by Solar street lights.

ducati
23-May-13, 20:22
That is great news however I am not surprised China is leading they way ahead in solar, wind, and wave then any other country. It makes this country a joke we keep on saying how clean on energy we are but we are way behind China. Of course China has still got a long way to reduce coal etc. They are even cracking down on Moped making young kids change to Electric bikes. When you say China would not be able to spend on Green Energy I think it is the other way round This country will be support by China with big investment already earmarked for the UK. Most of China streets and motorways are powered by Solar street lights.

Yes there is a huuuge lake of toxic waste beside the factory that makes the solar panels.

Scout
23-May-13, 20:42
[QUOTE=ducati;1029770]Yes there is a huuuge lake of toxic waste beside the factory that makes the solar panels.[/QUOTE

So 26 billion Chinese people should be dead by now then. Have you seen this for yourself or what you have heard on the news or internet

ducati
23-May-13, 20:59
[QUOTE=ducati;1029770]Yes there is a huuuge lake of toxic waste beside the factory that makes the solar panels.[/QUOTE

So 26 billion Chinese people should be dead by now then. Have you seen this for yourself or what you have heard on the news or internet

Blimey! Everyone knows. Look it up if you don't. But if you are going to come over all eco, do some research eh?

Rheghead
23-May-13, 21:09
Yes there is a huuuge lake of toxic waste beside the factory that makes the solar panels.

I think you are confusing the toxic lake that was claimed to have been caused by rare earth contamination from magnets in electrical motors and generators, in any case, whatever, even if it is down to solar panels, the reason that the lake is contaminated is because China doesn't have a very good waste management industry for that area, nothing to do with renewable industry. I hope you are not seriously trying to assert that the manufacturing of renewable energy components should be the only industry on the planet that shouldn't produce waste of any kind, are you?

ducati
23-May-13, 23:04
I think you are confusing the toxic lake that was claimed to have been caused by rare earth contamination from magnets in electrical motors and generators, in any case, whatever, even if it is down to solar panels, the reason that the lake is contaminated is because China doesn't have a very good waste management industry for that area, nothing to do with renewable industry. I hope you are not seriously trying to assert that the manufacturing of renewable energy components should be the only industry on the planet that shouldn't produce waste of any kind, are you?

That, doesn't even deserve an answer.

Kenn
24-May-13, 00:32
Aye right and are they going to stop pillaging the world's resources and wild life at the expense of the indigenous people?

Scout
24-May-13, 06:35
I think before every one condemns another country they should have a hard good look at their own country. Let me put few points that been raised in this section with regards to Solar If you have also search you would of find Solar war going on from China to other country like UK. So with out naming many country’s some may use tactics smearing industry. I think what people for get China has been poor country for many years however in past 10 Years Huge jump in wealth other country such as America, UK and other parts of Europe has had the advantage of developing industry and waste but in the many years we have with money we have not been that good or America. To Lizz comments about Pillaging worlds resources what have we been doing for the past decades and America?

Rheghead
30-Jun-13, 18:24
And it is no coincidence following the Chinese announcement that Barack Obama has also announced a carbon emissions reduction plan (http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/climate-action-plan?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062813p3&utm_campaign=climate) to match.