PDA

View Full Version : Charity Car Wash

Kasper King
22-May-13, 14:05
Once again the Friends of CD 12.02.12 are having a charity car wash at the Old Wick Garage, Roxburgh Road, Wick.
The event opens at 9am and finished at 5pm on Saturday the 8th of June.
The money raised will go towards the Kian Grant Precious Star Memorial Trust, they are raising money for an incudator for sick babies.
We will also have a backing stall and BBQ so come on down for some good food and a clean car or just come on down and donate to this very worthy cause.:D

QUADBIKER
22-May-13, 23:52
another day a group of young people are giving up there day to try to raise money for a goob cause so please come and help them out all the money we raise goes to the charity there is no overheads took off and its nice to see all the clean cars going about mind its not just a car wash come along and have a cup o tea and a talk if you want you dont need a car to come

QUADBIKER
02-Jun-13, 20:21
this weekend coming so lets hope for a big turn out

Murph
04-Jun-13, 00:01
Aye think this is really good that the young boys can come together to do this

pat
04-Jun-13, 08:57
Best wishes and hope the sun shines for you - good weather always encourages folk to get out and about. Sorry will not be able to make it - too far to get car cleaned and have a taste of the food!

Kasper King
04-Jun-13, 18:31
Pat,
thank you for your kind words, if you wish to donate we do accept postal contributions.

QUADBIKER
06-Jun-13, 00:39
its only two days away lets keep this up top for a while

Kasper King
07-Jun-13, 21:21
Well the big day is here, please support this worth cause and get a clean car;)

QUADBIKER
08-Jun-13, 18:17
to all that made the time to come a big big thank you another great day another hard days work by all the young peop[le and a fair bit o money they got togeather thank you all

DunnetKnowe
08-Jun-13, 21:25
all the young peop[le

That'll be the same young people who the previous night (and probably tonight and every other night) terrorise the town with noisy cars and stupid driving.

(and in anticipation of someone getting on their high horse, just look at the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Norseman - the poor folk who own that hotel must get it in the neck from their guests......
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186542-d277169-Reviews-Norseman_Hotel-Wick_Caithness_and_Sutherland_Scottish_Highlands_S cotland.html)

orkneycadian
08-Jun-13, 22:41
:eek: An eye opening set of postings on Trip Advisor indeed.

At least the owner seems to be doing all he can, not just to apologise to guests for disturbances that are outwith his control, but to work with the local polis to try and get a stop put to it.

QUADBIKER
09-Jun-13, 00:16
go get a life while you sat on your ass these young people done a little to help someone else a lot more than you done
That'll be the same young people who the previous night (and probably tonight and every other night) terrorise the town with noisy cars and stupid driving.

(and in anticipation of someone getting on their high horse, just look at the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Norseman - the poor folk who own that hotel must get it in the neck from their guests......
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186542-d277169-Reviews-Norseman_Hotel-Wick_Caithness_and_Sutherland_Scottish_Highlands_S cotland.html)

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 09:56
go get a life while you sat on your ass these young people done a little to help someone else a lot more than you done

What an eloquent chap you are to do discuss something with.

Which 'little help' would the owners of the Norseman rather have - someone's car washed, or for them to grow up and act with a degree of maturity ?

Why are you defending anti-social and immature behaviour anyway ?

Kasper King
09-Jun-13, 11:24
DunnetKnowe,
I hope you have proof, that can be used in a court of law, that the young people who worked at the car wash are the same ones who you are accousing of "anti-social and immature behaviour "?
Or perhaps you are one of the ones that just paint every young person with the same brush as you are to lazy to find out the truth.

focusRS
09-Jun-13, 11:32
Talk of driving standards and the plights of the Norseman would be best discussed on another thread rather than hijacking this charity one.

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 14:36
I hope you have proof That'll be easy considering they post examples of their own childishness on YouTube.

Take your pick from here http://youtu.be/M7SGy52yiyU or any other video posted by JillForbes10 on YouTube.

QUADBIKER
09-Jun-13, 17:58
well well what a total idiot you are! you don,t know one thing about the people that were at the carwash a lot of the youngsters there don,t have cars, they don,t even have licences. this is not about noise outside the norseman this is just the like of you wanting to have a gripe about youngsters.you want to get your facts right or just shut up

Kasper King
09-Jun-13, 18:21
Your original thread said "That'll be the same young people who the previous night etc" unless you can prove this uterance then you had committed slander!By the by how much time, effort and hard work have you put in to raise money for this worthy charity! Or pehaps you do not see the charity that the money was raised for as worthy?

Kasper King
09-Jun-13, 18:30
Oh as to the utube video, I do not see any hotels in the vacinity, I just see a bunch of younsters on PRIVATE property having some fun doing no harm to man nor beast!
Could it be that you have a particular axe to grind with young cars drivers, charity events or perhaps something else? If this is the case then speak up and get it out in the open and don't let it fester!

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 19:08
I just see a bunch of younsters on PRIVATE property having some fun

Except this also happens in public. This is always the line trotted out until when someone is killed and then there is great soul searching. If they want to kill themselves, then fine, but why take other people with them ?

You should be ashamed for condoning this type of behaviour.

QUADBIKER
09-Jun-13, 19:27
i and you should be even more ashamed of yourself go and start your on thread this one w3as about some young people doing good and we dont need to hear your crap and that is what it is you dont know what you are on about

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 19:29
Once again the Friends of CD 12.02.12 are having a charity car wash

you dont know what you are on about

The 'Friends of CD' were the people in the YouTube videos. So you're telling me this had nothing to do with those idiots ?

QUADBIKER
09-Jun-13, 19:43
just how are you calling idiots the only idiot here is you and i dont have to prove that you have done that yourself and my son had loads of friends i told you before a lot of cds freinds at the car wash do not drive you want to have a wee think to yourself before you use a pc as all you seem to do is make a fool of your self but then again it is your life good luck you need a lot of that

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 19:48
a lot of cds freinds at the car wash do not drive

And a lot there do drive....and they include representatives of the idiots who prevent the likes of the owners of the Norseman earning a respectable living and providing a service to their clients. Look at the TripAdvisor reviews - Andrew Mackay appears to have been trying for years​ to stop this problem, and it's pretty difficult when people like you keep condoning their actions.

orkneycadian
09-Jun-13, 19:55
Oh as to the utube video, I do not see any hotels in the vacinity, I just see a bunch of younsters on PRIVATE property having some fun doing no harm to man nor beast!

Careful - In this country, the "road" (to which the Road Traffic Act applies if you are in England and Wales, and the Roads (Scotland) Act if you are north of the border), includes privately owned "highways".

Some guidance here;

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/the-road-user-and-the-law
(https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/the-road-user-and-the-law)
What this says is;

The definition of a road in England and Wales is ‘any highway and any other road to which the public has access and includes bridges over which a road passes’ (RTA 1988 sect 192(1)). In Scotland, there is a similar definition which is extended to include any way over which the public have a right of passage (R(S)A 1984 sect 151(1)).
It is important to note that references to ‘road’ therefore generally include footpaths, bridleways and cycle tracks, and many roadways and driveways on private land (including many car parks). In most cases, the law will apply to them and there may be additional rules for particular paths or ways. Some serious driving offences, including drink-driving offences, also apply to all public places, for example public car parks.

As I understand it, if a "highway / road" has material access to the public, i.e. you can drive onto it without having to pass through a gate or other barrier, then the normal rules and laws of the road apply, irrespective of the ownership. Yes, that even includes what you thought was your personal driveway. As there appears to be no fences nor gates in the You Tube video, then even if it is privately owned land, then the rules of the road will apply to it.

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 19:59
then the rules of the road will apply to it.

But not to Quadbiker and his like. Apparently 'charity' over-rides any laws or common decency.

orkneycadian
09-Jun-13, 20:04
Hey DK, they can break the laws on the "private property" if they like - Its they that will have to account for themselves when the police come-a-asking. And filming it and putting on You Tube simply makes their job a lot easier.

Just trying to fill in any blanks in their awareness of the law - After that, they are on their own! ;)

QUADBIKER
09-Jun-13, 20:07
when did i say i am condoning there actions at the norseman one again you are making a fool of your self and by the way all the young people have every right to use the roads if they have a car the police are there to deal with noise if there is noise or are you saying the police are not doing there jobs right now if you can prove that the boys at the car wash are there making noise go to the police with your proof if not shut up

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 20:52
are you saying the police are not doing there jobs

If selfish people like you didn't encourage kids to behave like idiots behind the wheel of a car then the Police would have a lot less to do, including the unpleasant job of tidying up the aftermath of when the idiocy becomes fatality.

Kasper King
09-Jun-13, 22:33
This is not about me "condoning this type of behaviour".
This is about you stating that the youngsters who took part in raising money for a charity by doing a car wash are responsible for the suposed distrubance outside a hotel and you use as your proof a video taken on private property no where near any hotel.
If it was them have you informed the police? Where the police informed about the disturbance outside the hotel? Have you seen these people driving in a dangerous manner? And if you have then why have you not reported them to the police.

DunnetKnowe
09-Jun-13, 22:59
This is not about me "condoning this type of behaviour".

I'm afraid it is, and clearly your conscience is bothering you otherwise you wouldn't bother digging the hole deeper all the time.

QUADBIKER
10-Jun-13, 00:29
what are trying to say i encourage young people to break the law you have been talking nothing but crap and you can not prove one bit of it can you you are just a idiot hiding behind a false name just like every thing you say is false prove it was the boys at the car wash you have no proof do you

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 00:42
i encourage young people to break the law Your words, not mine.

QUADBIKER
10-Jun-13, 01:25
still wating for proof you know nothing and every thing you have said is just to try to make all young people look bad you want to get a life

squidge
10-Jun-13, 01:26
Whenever Quadbiker posts on here someone pops up to slag him off and the thread deteriorates like this one has done.

Dunnetknowe, What is it you object about? The charity car wash? The cruises? Young drivers or quadbiker himself? Its a good job you have only posted here 39 times cos your posts and links to youtube sound awful familiar. If you werent new we might think you had done this argument before and it might look like a bit of a personal grudge.

Lets see, some young people held a car wash to raise money for a charity.... Yayyyy just to remind you, thats good news, a nice story....

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 08:53
Whenever Quadbiker posts on here someone pops up to slag him off and the thread deteriorates like this one has done.

I think you'll notice there was only a deterioriation once Quadbiker waded in with some aggressive and illiterate responses, so it's little wonder if they've made themselves unpopular in the past.

What is it you object about?

I purely made the observation that an element of the people being applauded included those who are the regular suspects in having the maturity of a five year old when it comes to taking to the roads. I pointed out one effect of this, which is the trouble the Norseman has; at its worst this attitude sometimes results in them killing themselves on the roads - fair enough if they want to, but it normally involves taking out other innocent people with them. Why Quadbiker and Kasper King feels the need to condone this type of behaviour, and with such defensiveness, beats me. But they can have the consequences on their shoulders.

KCI
10-Jun-13, 14:00
I think it's a shame that this thread has deteriorated as usual.
Whatever has or has not happened, can I just say that it's good to see people getting behind this charity -
Kian Grant Precious Star Memorial Trust

This is the reason the thread was started in the first place.

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 14:39
Whatever has or has not happened, can I just say that it's good to see people getting behind this charity -

I'm sure it is. It's just a shame that the charity had to be hijacked by some clowns to give a respectable front to their loutish attitudes. I say it again...take a pick from any video on this link to see just what the "Friends of CD" condone: http://www.youtube.com/user/JillForbes10

BRIE
10-Jun-13, 14:52
I'm sure it is. It's just a shame that the charity had to be hijacked by some clowns to give a respectable front to their loutish attitudes. I say it again...take a pick from any video on this link to see just what the "Friends of CD" condone: http://www.youtube.com/user/JillForbes10

WOW!! just WOW after reading through this thread I thought you were out of order but that comment really has seen you plunge to a unbelievable low!!
The charity involved was set up in memory of one of my daughters best friends little brother, my daughter also helped out at this car wash along with many young respectable people they all took part & raised money for this charity as it was for something very close to alot of their hearts. How dare you say this charity was hijacked to front anything. You have to be the most disrespectful keyboard gangsters ive come across in a long time!

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 15:16
The charity involved was set up in memory of one of my daughters best friends little brother

Nobody has any issue with the charity - a respectable and noble cause. The issue is about the collective that style themselves as "Friends of CD 12.02.12". Tell me who you believe this to be ? Given that the original post includes the word "again" then this isn't a one-off group - it has done things before, the more immature aspects of it demonstrated in the videos.

RN1995
10-Jun-13, 15:22

I think you'll notice there was only a deterioriation once Quadbiker waded in with some aggressive and illiterate responses, so it's little wonder if they've made themselves unpopular in the past.

The deterioration of this thread started due to this post, which looks like it was posted intentionally to provoke the original posters.

This thread was started to promote a charity event for a brilliant cause and due to disgusting behaviour has turned into a slagging match.

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 16:07
The deterioration of this thread started due to this post, which looks like it was posted intentionally to provoke the original posters.

I take exception to that - I posted that remark to try to challenge this strongly held view by a vocal minority that everyone else should just put up and shut up with kids behaving like imbicilies on the road. And on the back of the following comment.....

Whenever Quadbiker posts on here .... the thread deteriorates like this one has done.

...I did look at previous posts by Quadbiker on other threads and they are indeed all antagonistic rants against any suggestion that bad driving should be anything other than just fun and accepted.

BRIE
10-Jun-13, 16:30
Nobody has any issue with the charity - a respectable and noble cause. The issue is about the collective that style themselves as "Friends of CD 12.02.12". Tell me who you believe this to be ? Given that the original post includes the word "again" then this isn't a one-off group - it has done things before, the more immature aspects of it demonstrated in the videos.

"Friends of CD 12.02.12" is not some elite group of people they are exactly what the heading says FRIENDS of CD, a group of young people who lost a treasured friend through a tragic car accident, a group of young people who all shared in the same grief of a loss of a friend & have decided to come together to raise money for charities & good causes in the memory of their friend. I hope that explains better to you who these people are!
As stated in the heading yes it is "again" they have previously held a car wash for the CEYAC charity raising a massive £2000! so no this isnt a one-off group of "clowns" as you so eloquently put it!
Im sure you would of also see from the videos that they were all from a memorial cruise held over a year ago this cruise was open to anyone to attend the scenes from the videos were all held on private property, an event that the police were all highly aware of, it wasnt held outside The Norseman Hotel & any comments on trip advisor were certainly not in relation to this event.
Now how you have come to the conclusion that anyone in these videos are the same said individuals that you are making reference too or even the same individuals that have taken part in the car wash I really dont know! seems like you are tarring all young drivers with the same brush!
You also have come to the conclusion that QUADBIKER condones the behaviour of young drivers who cause chaos around the town, why? because he happens to support the charity car washes? I really feel you should gather all your facts before you come on here hijacking a thread for a very good cause making slanderous accusations, I as a parent of 2 of "CD'S FRIENDS" doesnt take kindly to it & im sure alot of others dont either!

DunnetKnowe
10-Jun-13, 17:47
Im sure you would of also see from the videos that they were all from a memorial cruise held over a year ago this cruise was open to anyone to attend the scenes from the videos were all held on private property

You fall back on this same groundless justification like the others - it's not about whether you do this on private or public ground - it's the fact that it's the promotion of the glorification of immature driving that inevitably leads to the road "accidents", as you choose to call them.

mi16
10-Jun-13, 18:03
You fall back on this same groundless justification like the others - it's not about whether you do this on private or public ground - it's the fact that it's the promotion of the glorification of immature driving that inevitably leads to the road "accidents", as you choose to call them.I presume you find all Motorsport irresponsible and wreck less then ?

starfish
10-Jun-13, 18:12
its not only some youngster that can drive like idiots its any age followed someone into wick today on the phone on the wrong side of the road at times then on the 40mph in reiss decided to over take with a van coming the other way, the van had to pull out of the way and this was a middle aged man . So as i say anyone can drive badly but i bet many would not give up a saturday to help other in the way these youngster have done i say hats off to them and a big well done

cherokee
10-Jun-13, 18:27
I completely agree with Quadbiker, starfish, mi16 and everyone else on this thread who has the common decency (and common sense) to make justified posts with regards to certain infantile, prevocational and down-right rude comments on a thread which was all about CHARITY !! Where the Norseman Hotel and "boy-racers" fit into this thread is utterly beyond me and obviously a lot of other people as well !! As said by someone else earlier in this thread if you (and you very obviously do) have a "MAJOR BUG-BEAR" with alleged "boy-racers" and Quadbiker; then feel free to start your OWN discussion on same on a SEPERATE THREAD !!! . . . otherwise please leave those who are supporting this charity in peace, DunnetKnowe. I, personally, find your insults quite disgusting !! [evil] [evil]

mi16
10-Jun-13, 18:58
It's quite clear that dunnetknowe has a personal issue with quadbikerIt's a shame he /she doesn't have the bottle to do the decent thing and air the grievance face to face

QUADBIKER
10-Jun-13, 19:27
dungknowe what you say does not matter what does matter is all the people that came to our car wash also the people that helped out all the people that gave to us and the best thing was the 1300 pound that all the young people helped to raise and the like of you will never put us off we have raised over 6000 and we will keep it going so hard luck if you dont like it at dont put us up or down you can keep your rant going if you want ats up to you and by the way the norseman helped out cds charity to everyone that took part thank you and we will have another car wash soon

QUADBIKER
10-Jun-13, 19:36
little hope o that but i think we know him under another name we know he is just looking for a rise but we can do better than that the main thing is we all know what it is up to
It's quite clear that dunnetknowe has a personal issue with quadbikerIt's a shame he /she doesn't have the bottle to do the decent thing and air the grievance face to face

cherokee
10-Jun-13, 19:47
little hope o that but i think we know him under another name we know he is just looking for a rise but we can do better than that the main thing is we all know what it is up to I feel some pity for what must be such a sad person as DunnetKnowe. It's a very self-destructive and quite embittered route he/she seems to be going down on Caithness.Org :(. Well done QUADBIKER and all the young people who have raised such a fantastic amount of money for those less fortunate. :)

10-Jun-13, 20:05
Enough now. Well done to the fundraisers.

This thread is now closed.