PDA

View Full Version : Reggy, are you surprised how much bigger and obtrusive the Baillie turbines appear?

ywindythesecond
22-May-13, 00:21
Reggy, are you surprised how much bigger and obtrusive the Baillie turbines appear? Or are they just as invisible as you thought they would be?

Kenn
22-May-13, 00:36
They are NO invisible to me GRRRR,

david
22-May-13, 09:29
I can see them here at Westerdale, so we are literally surrounded by them here, with more to follow.

Tubthumper
22-May-13, 12:25
They look pretty much like the artists impressions. If you're determined to be appalled by them, I'm sure you'll find a way of being appalled. If you're not that bothered, they'll soon fade into the background I'm sure. Change is a horrible thing if you're determined for it to be...

secrets in symmetry
22-May-13, 12:37
I think they look majestic. Don't they give you a warm glowing feeling deep down?

Green_not_greed
22-May-13, 12:56
All the Baillie turbines were a bit broken this morning. Forss were generating, but all the Baillie ones were completely still. Does anyone know why ?

As far as I'm concerned, my view of Baillie is almost exactly as expected from the photomontage in the ES taken from just outside my house.

On the other hand I was chatting to my old boss and his wife the other day who live in East Mey, and they were horrified that they could see it from their house.

Rheghead
22-May-13, 17:45
Reggy, are you surprised how much bigger and obtrusive the Baillie turbines appear? Or are they just as invisible as you thought they would be?

I think they look ok and in keeping with the surrounding area. Needs must. You had your chance to support the smaller wind farm at Shebster so you and your cwiffies could have edged out the bigger and badder competition. Poor you if you're gurning now.

orkneycadian
22-May-13, 20:54
All the Baillie turbines were a bit broken this morning. Forss were generating, but all the Baillie ones were completely still. Does anyone know why ?

Maybe Ywindy needed to work on an immersion heater and turned them off to avoid any nasty surprises this time?