PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading just now?

the charlatans
21-Jan-07, 23:12
what is everyone reading in caithness just now?

i've just finished Christopher Brookmyre 'A tale of blood and a hard backed pencil'. Its very very funny.

Kenn
22-Jan-07, 02:01
The ninth Buddha.

Lolabelle
22-Jan-07, 10:23
I am not in Caithness, but in Australia I am reading Sylvia, by Bryce Courtney. Only just started so can't comment yet on it.

Angela
22-Jan-07, 14:09
I read mostly crime fiction -not too violent. Not TOO cosy either!
Any recommendations?
I've just read and enjoyed Deborah Crombie's "In a Dark House". I've enjoyed all of her books.

bobsgirl
22-Jan-07, 14:21
I am at reading the Wilbur Smith books. On the 4th book now of 'The Courtney Series'. Once you read a few pages you just cant put it down. Easy to read and great for the imagination!!

canuck
22-Jan-07, 15:32
Rosemary Radford Reuther's "Sexism and God-Talk" is proving to be fascinating.

I am still slogging my way through Rheghead's suggestion "The God Delusion". Typical Dawkin's hype.

obiron
22-Jan-07, 15:43
ermmm my take the gary barlow story.

minxy_69
22-Jan-07, 15:44
iam reading this post thread lol

jamieS
22-Jan-07, 19:56
I am a big Stephen King fan and about to start reading Lisey's Story.
If anyone likes Stephen King I recommend you read the Dark Tower Series.

trinkie
22-Jan-07, 20:03
COLETTE The woman, the writer and the myth.
by Allan Massie.

danc1ngwitch
22-Jan-07, 20:08
the three billy gpats gruff and cinderella:roll:

htwood
23-Jan-07, 03:54
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.

the charlatans
23-Jan-07, 22:27
Mr Charlatans has just finished reading 'Looking Good Dead' by Peter James, he says it was alright, not the best.

Any Rebus fans out there.

and this goes for Caithness and beyond...

Dancingwitch, i'm a great billy goat gruff fan too!

Angela
23-Jan-07, 22:33
[quote=the charlatans;184553]Mr Charlatans has just finished reading 'Looking Good Dead' by Peter James, he says it was alright, not the best.

Any Rebus fans out there.

[quote]

Rebus, definitely. :) Although I've not read the last one yet.

the charlatans
23-Jan-07, 23:02
and who's a Broons fan? i've been borrowed the Broons & Oor Wullie 'The Early Years' special edition for a looky.

or a Harry Potter fan? hmmm what do you think will happen in the last HP book???

Ojibwa
23-Jan-07, 23:16
I am reading The Island by Victoria Hislop. It is set on Crete and the island of Spinalonga, a former leper colony.

nutty da drummer
24-Jan-07, 18:34
Cell by Stephen King, not a big King fan myself but this book is really good. puts you off using a mobile phone thats for sure

moonshadow
24-Jan-07, 19:33
just finished reading The curewife by Claire Marie Watson.

will probably start to read sarum, or the forest by edward rutherfurd next

Cedric Farthsbottom III
26-Jan-07, 23:43
and who's a Broons fan? i've been borrowed the Broons & Oor Wullie 'The Early Years' special edition for a looky.

or a Harry Potter fan? hmmm what do you think will happen in the last HP book???

Love Harry Potter.I think in the last book Harry will sacrifice his life to kill Voldemort.Think Ron and Hermione will get jiggy with it.Although J.K Rowling has said the last word in the last book will be scar.Ma guess is the last line in the last book will be."Harry lay there motionless,Ron and Hermione looked at his forehead,there was no scar."

the charlatans
27-Jan-07, 01:18
noooooooooooooooooooo.

you could be right there.
but no jiggy with it thank you, this is a family book.

oh i hope Harry doesn't get it. I think Sirus will 'come back' and he'll get it rather than Harry.
and then they all live happily ever after. the end

Shrek 3 anyone?