PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Home Shopping

mickey101
21-Jan-07, 17:13
Hi
Has anyone tried this yet and if so what did you think of the service?

M

Angela
21-Jan-07, 17:29
Do you mean for groceries etc?

rfr10
21-Jan-07, 17:48
Is that available in Wick now?

DarkAngel
21-Jan-07, 18:11
Isnt there a £3.99 delivery charge with that too tho???

Angela
21-Jan-07, 18:15
There is in Edinburgh - £3.99 on Tues/Wed, and I think it's £4.99 on Mon/Thurs, and £5.99 on Fri/Sat/Sun.

dragonfly
21-Jan-07, 18:19
just logged on and its not yet available for this area :(

hobbes1962
21-Jan-07, 18:31
The date I was given by a member of staff in Tescos for this starting was 30th January.

mccaugm
21-Jan-07, 18:51
The date I was given by a member of staff in Tescos for this starting was 30th January.

Hallelujah, used this service when I lived in Ross-Shire....its brilliant. Actually saves you money in the long run, less temptation to have extra snacks. It saves all the items you buy so you can add them the next time you use it. Can't wait!...very easy to use and you can add items if you forget anything. Delivery drivers are well trained.:Razz

Angela
21-Jan-07, 20:30
I've only been using the service for a couple of months but it's been really good so far. :D I've been pleasantly surprised.

What you spend is added up as you go, so no nasty shocks.

The only thing I'd say is to state clearly if you don't want any substitutes, should the item you've ordered not be available. If you do say you'll accept substitutes, the driver will show you on the list what these are, and if you don't like them, you can just send them back.

I've got almost everything I've ordered though, and the few substiutes have been quite acceptable.

I don't think £3.99 is too much to pay for the picking/packing and delivery, and all the drivers who've delivered to me have been both professional and friendly. :D

Angela
24-Jan-07, 13:56
Well, maybe I shouldn't have posted that last reply.
Today's shopping, 4 items missing, and one other item wrong with no explanation... and the liquid soap all over the place.
Phoned the helpline though & the person I spoke to sounded apologetic and helpful and I believe I will get a refund.
Hopefully :) ...
This is the first time I've had any cause for complaint & it will be interesting to see what happens.

quality
24-Jan-07, 14:10
Hi Angela,

I have been using Tesco's Home Delivery for over 5 years and on the odd occasion when things have been delivered wrong or things have been missing I have telephoned the store and asked to speak to Dot COM, they have always delivered the missing items within a couple of hours, or made a full refund if they have not had the items in stock.
So you should not have a problem.

Ernie.

Angela
24-Jan-07, 14:22
Thanks Ernie,

I called the number at the top of my order form - the guy I spoke to was very polite and seemed to know exactly what he was doing, so it will probably be fine. If it had been my first order it might have put me off though. :confused

I know mistakes can and do happen occasionally, what I feel really matters is if the company seems to care about sorting them out. I've always found Tesco stores good for that. On one occasion I asked for cashback at the checkout - I was distracted by something and stupidly didn't check the money until I was at the front door of the store. It was as much my fault as the assistant's - I should have checked sooner. However the supervisor had the till checked and sorted it all out for me. :D

ett23
24-Jan-07, 14:26
I'm in Ross-shire and I regularly use tesco home shopping and find it the best thing ever! No more driving to Dingwall or Inverness, loading up a trolley, getting waylaid by bargains and unnecessary items (sweets, etc). And most of all no stress and hassle taking children with me, loading up the car then unloading. Shopping is no longer a stress - i actually enjoy it. Sit down in front of the computer, choose from your last order or your favourites and always keep an eye on the total, so you need never spend more than your budget again!!!
I'm moving up to Thurso in summer and will definitely continue using Tesco Home Shopping when we come up!:D

Rheghead
24-Jan-07, 14:41
I have used tesco home delivery and it is absolutely brilliant, especially for folks with young families who want to avoid a day of 'Canna have?'

I used to pay £5 down in England per delivery, I'm unsure if they will deliver to Reay though?:confused

Angela
24-Jan-07, 14:50
Well... I've had a very speedy emailed response confirming my refund -I'm impressed! :D