PDA

View Full Version : Tiscali Email

tooj
18-May-13, 09:00
I cannot get my Tiscali Emails to open. When I enter my user name and password it appears to be opening but then the page is blank ? Any suggestions?

Bobinovich
18-May-13, 14:30
Clear your cache for a start...
• In Internet Explorer it's Tools (or cog symbol) then Internet Options then hit the Delete button, tick Temporary Internet files & website files, then click the Delete button again (this may differ slightly depending on which version of Internet Explorer you're using). If that doesn't work then you might also want to retry, this time ticking Cookies and website data.
• In Google Chrome it's the menu icon, then Settings, scroll to the bottom & click Show Advanced Settings then click Clear browsing data...tick the relevant boxes & from the dropdown box at the top choose The beginning of time then click the clear browsing data button.

If that doesn't work then you can try using (installing if necessary) a different browser to see if it's browser related problem (most likely IMO). If all else fails can you post what browser(s) you've tried (inc. version number).

tooj
21-May-13, 08:42
I have deleted the website files and cookies as you suggested but no change. Hate to sound dumb but not sure what browsers are!!! My laptop is only 2 years old , don't know if that is of relevance or not. Also I have noticed at the bar at the top it says "www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1

Bobinovich
28-May-13, 22:23
Might be related but have had 2 other folk having problems with TalkTalk webmail in last 2 days, & when I tried accessing it from my own system it took ages to load up. I just checked their server status (http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/) and there's a known problem with e-mail so keep an eye on it if you're a Tiscali / TalkTalk / AOL customer...