PDA

View Full Version : Good morning everyone

joxville
18-May-13, 08:05
What's your plans for today or the weekend? It's a pleasant day here, there's some cloud but no rain forecast so four loads of washing to do then off out geocaching, try and get a few miles walked as well as hit my next target of having 1000 finds. Tomorrow is clean the car day, it needs a damn good clean, inside and out...it's so bad I'll need to unbolt the seats and lift them out! I really should stop eating in the car but you can't starve yourself on long journeys. So what's your plans?

cazmanian_minx
18-May-13, 08:29
Work, work and more work here - despite trying to space out my big stock orders so I get a clear fortnight between deliveries, I've got two of them docking at Felixstowe a day apart next week, so I have to clear space for 480kg of incoming beads and findings!

Torvaig
18-May-13, 08:38
No plans today as such but will be taking Ben out for a walk or he will be taking me out for a walk, either way!

Have looked through the "What's On Today" so there is no excuse; loads to do! There is wood turning instruction in Castletown which, if I thought I wouldn't end up carving up my fingers, will be very interesting.

Lots to do in Caithness so no excuse.

But I will probably find one.....;)

squidge
18-May-13, 09:09
Good Morning

This morning is housework:( I have a new job and cant seem to fit it all in during the week anymore. Friends arriving early afternoon to go over to Avoch where they are having the annual walk up Ormond Hill to commemmorate the raising of the standard by Andrew de Moray in 1296. Hubby and the rest of The guys will be in costume but Im not going. Little Fi wont make the walk up the hill, she is only 3. Im staying home and doing some sewing. I still have kit to make. I am hoping to get to the ceilidh tonight tho. Tomorrow, cooking, ironing, washing and walking the dog. No hangover from the ceilidh cos Im the driver. Yay.

golach
18-May-13, 09:11
Resting at the moment, usual household chores shortly. But tonight my Royal Naval assoc will be entertaining 25 of the crew of HMS Edinburgh to a few wets. Hms Edinburgh was given the Freedom of the City yesterday, it was a beautiful day weatherwise, and the ship company excelled and upheld the good Naval Tradition. Sadly I am now hearing that certain bars would not serve some of the crew as they were in full dress uniform, pleas of we have just had the Freedom of the City, cut no ice with the jobs worths, what a slap in the face for those visiting sailors.

If anyone is visiting, please give the Ensign Ewart pub in the Lawnmarket a miss.

gleeber
18-May-13, 09:25
When you get older weekends become just more days to get through. I'm not complaining because I enjoy a Monday now just as much as a Friday. This weekend is different though. The local groups of Alcoholics Anonymous are having their annual convention in the British Legion this weekend and I always try to support it. I was there last night and it was great catching up with old friends and meeting new people. They came from all over Scotland and had a great night. Saturday night is the main night and they have a public meeting in the main hall. 7.00 pm for 7.30 Anybody is welcome and the meeting usually gives people an insight into how AA works. They have a dance afterwards and the bars open if that's your poison.

crayola
18-May-13, 10:43
I'm having breakfast outside in the sunshine listening to and watching the local bird life. Since forecast is for rain I may not venture out far on foot. I need a new teapot and I wish to test my new hi-tech telescopic broomstick. :)

Alice in Blunderland
18-May-13, 10:57
I have just finished a batch of shortbread and chocolate muffins. The washing is on and the house needs a good tidy.

There is a terrible smell coming from one of the bathrooms which I have found the source to be one of the two durgil valves the builders thought would be good to have installed in a small bathroom. Today will be a try to fix this problem day failing that its bail out to a friends :D

Kodiak
18-May-13, 12:26
I usually like to something different on a Saturday, just so as it is not the same as every other day. So me and Mrs Kodiak go out for lunch and we meet our youngest son there, usually it is Le Bistro in Thurso. Then out for a Drive to see if anything interesting is hapening in the county.

Today however the something different will be sitting in the house watching TV. Well sometimes you just cant afford to go out for lunch. Tomorrow will be more of the same so a very quiet weekend for us.

ducati
18-May-13, 18:08
Worked in the morning, then we went up to the house build site as therealducati hasn't seen it since the digger arrived and it turned into the Somme :eek: :lol:

Took the dogs for a walk (swim) at the beach and are now going to have a picnik tea in front of the telly watching Dr Who.

joxville
18-May-13, 18:54
My plans went awry a little. While waiting for the third load of washing to finish I began sorting through a pile of letters that needed shredding, then onto sorting other stuff while I was at it, which then led onto having a clearout of stuff I'd been holding onto because you never know when you might need it. So, washing was done, crap shredded, rubbish binned, and a pile of stuff for the charity shop. Quite a productive day, especially now I have gained space for future 'you never know when you'll need it' stuff. :-)