PDA

View Full Version : weather again

mr do dar
21-Jan-07, 10:49
Well is the cold weather coming this weekend like everyones saying ? It said were getting snow and frost today but it looks half good outside to me lol

Angela
21-Jan-07, 12:29
very cold but quite bright and dry in Edinburgh so far...:D

pat
21-Jan-07, 12:39
overcast, rainy (no wind at moment) but for Western Isles not bad at all - just hope it stays like this for today.

mrs n
21-Jan-07, 12:45
we have a covering of snow here in moray today, not too cold though

rfr10
21-Jan-07, 12:46
The Met Office did have snow on their forecast but now they've changed it for the fourth time!

Wick:

For today, it says sleet showers.
Tomorrow, mainly dry but with possible heavy snow showers at mid-day.
Tuesday, may see some more sleet showers.
Wednesday, Cloudy with some sleet showers.
Thursday, mainly dry with some drizzle.

Temperatures may occasionally drop below 0 oC but will usually staying slightly above.

But, whos going to say that they are not going to change their forecast again!

quirbal
21-Jan-07, 12:55
they always change the forecast

rfr10
21-Jan-07, 12:59
they always change the forecast

I don't see how they can go from heavy snow showers for the whole week to, sleet showers very rarely with quite a lot of sun :S

bobsgirl
21-Jan-07, 15:13
I will say it was snowing in Thurso at 3am. Absolutely beautiful full flakes, but as it is so wet outside there was no way it would stay. Few hailstones now so you never know, snow might come again and be a lot heavier than this morning. (Hopefully!)

Jeemag_USA
21-Jan-07, 15:24
Well we had our first real snow of the winter here in Indiana, unusual for it to be so long without snow and now we had 3 to 4 inches in one morning, its a total blanket outside. I always find it funny when I talk to my mum on the phone Caithness seems to get same weather as here sometimes only a day later, so the pressure causing our heavy snow might be on its way to you. My dog was having a ball this morning runnin around like a mad thing with his snout under the snowline. [lol]

Rainmaker2
21-Jan-07, 18:41
Just to clarify things, the forecasts on the Met Office website are computerised, there is no human input . The script forecasts for the days ahead are written by a human. I'd say if you want a forecast with human input try http://www.northisles-weather.co.uk/

Tugmistress
21-Jan-07, 21:29
yes it will be snowing tomorrow (says she sticking her neck out).
travelled to inverness today, setting off at 7.20am for a meeting, the causewaymire was 'interesting' with an early snow/sleet shower that had laid ;)

rfr10
21-Jan-07, 21:59
travelled to inverness today, setting off at 7.20am for a meeting, the causewaymire was 'interesting' with an early snow/sleet shower that had laid ;)

YEY!!! SNOW!!

JAWS
21-Jan-07, 22:01
I didn't check the times but at one stage in the middle of last night I looked out of the window and it was doing a very good impression of a serious attempt at snowing.
An hour later when I looked out it had decided to change to rain. And there was I, looking forward to a nice white covering by the morning. :(

rfr10
21-Jan-07, 22:10
So, Tugmistress do you think we will get a white, "after Christmas" this year?

gollach
21-Jan-07, 22:34
YEY!!! SNOW!!

Stop thinking about snow days and get on with studying for your standard grades ;)

kas
21-Jan-07, 22:43

I hope that neck is correct, fingers crossed.
But will it snow enough to get out the sledges??

Tugmistress
21-Jan-07, 23:16
I hope that neck is correct, fingers crossed.
But will it snow enough to get out the sledges??

i hope i am right too :confused lmao

I honestly don't know if it will be enough for sledging or not though, there looks to be some decent precipitation around, the question is will it come over us or only just miss us though :(

mr do dar
22-Jan-07, 22:19
tugs are we in for this weather for a few days ? or will it be gone for morning ?

Tugmistress
22-Jan-07, 23:27
mr do dar it will snow tomorrow too, possibly a little on wednesday morning early but that will be it for a while ;)
too early to call but a possibility of the cold being back at the weekend

DarkAngel
23-Jan-07, 11:27
Yay its snowing..:lol: