PDA

View Full Version : Picture Error on IE

WeeBurd
21-Jan-07, 00:30
I'm looking for a bit of advice, please...

I regularly upload pictures onto a personal webpage, and have never had any problems viewing them - until today. For some reason, I'm getting that nasty wee white box with a red X appearing in there place? I haven't changed my photo editing technique or package... any ideas why this may be happening. I'm operating on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

For info, I've tried to review some of my older pics, added months ago - I can see some, but again, I'm getting the wee box for others? I've also asked a friend to check via her PC, and she too is unable to view them. Very strange, and very frustrating... I haven't posted the URL, as it is a personal site, so reluctant to share with the world, if you know what I mean!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.:D

blueivy
21-Jan-07, 01:21
I'm looking for a bit of advice, please...

I regularly upload pictures onto a personal webpage, and have never had any problems viewing them - until today. For some reason, I'm getting that nasty wee white box with a red X appearing in there place? I haven't changed my photo editing technique or package... any ideas why this may be happening. I'm operating on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

For info, I've tried to review some of my older pics, added months ago - I can see some, but again, I'm getting the wee box for others? I've also asked a friend to check via her PC, and she too is unable to view them. Very strange, and very frustrating... I haven't posted the URL, as it is a personal site, so reluctant to share with the world, if you know what I mean!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.:D

Hi weeburd,

If the red X is appearing then that generally means the pictures can't be found. If both you and your friend are getting the same error on the same pictures then I'd guess that's what it is - either the pictures have changed names and you're still looking for the old ones or they simply don't exist anymore.

How are you uploading them? You mentioned the photo package - are you uploading them directly from it?

If you want to send me a link to the website via PM then go for it and I'll have a look.

WeeBurd
21-Jan-07, 01:43
Hi weeburd,

If the red X is appearing then that generally means the pictures can't be found. If both you and your friend are getting the same error on the same pictures then I'd guess that's what it is - either the pictures have changed names and you're still looking for the old ones or they simply don't exist anymore.

How are you uploading them? You mentioned the photo package - are you uploading them directly from it?

If you want to send me a link to the website via PM then go for it and I'll have a look.

Evening Paul,

I've been editing the pics and saving them to my PC. From there, I upload them onto the webpage - my understanding is they are hosted on their servers (is that how it works - I'm not very techie!). I'll PM you.