PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, here we go again.....

Shaggy
14-May-13, 11:14
Pistols at dawn???

This is in response to the thread that i started (sigh...) regarding the old lady who took her life.

As per usual, and like most if not all threads on the Org, it's been hijacked as a battle ground.

I'm not going to bother starting any more threads as its just pointless now. Every damn time it comes down to a few Orgers having a go at each other over bloody politics, windfarms or when Tesco opens! If i wanted a thread about UKIP then i would start one, if i wanted a thread about Windfarms, then i would start one or if i wanted merely to say hi to somebody on here then i'll be better off phoning them instead of starting a thread. I would start a thread but im sure as hell that the thread would end up a warzone.

What has happened to the Org? looking through the archived threads, it was a decent but sometimes strongly opinionated forum, there were many members and active ones at that. The banter was good and you pretty much knew how far you could go before someone spat the dummy out......What have we now? about 15-16 regular users, half of which dont like the other half....and given half a chance they will stick the knife in at a moments notice......

WHAT A WONDERFUL IMPRESSION WE PRESENT OF CAITHNESS!

orkneycadian
14-May-13, 11:34
What do you expect when you post a strongly opinionated subject matter? Are you expecting folk are going to say "Aw thats nice" and not comment, or all agree with you?

What I see on here is debate. Debate is good. Its not so good when it becomes personal, and folk start hurling personal insults at each other.

Without debate or opposing views, we would not have debating societies, or even football games. I wouldn't consider a debating society saying "Freds team tonight will put the motion that all kittens should be born ginger, whilst Jims team proposes the motion that all kittens should be born tortoiseshell" to be inflammatory, or even racist as some would have you believe. Sure, there will be strong debate in between, but most folk who go to debating societies do so as they enjoy the debate. If Jims team meekly agreed that all kittens should indeed be born ginger, then it would be a pretty dull evening.

This forum is full of sections, with a wide variety of posters. Many post in distinct sections and not in the general section, and fluffy bunnies and crossword puzzles get discussed there, apparantly without too many fisticuffs!

M Swanson
14-May-13, 14:47
Pistols at dawn???

This is in response to the thread that i started (sigh...) regarding the old lady who took her life.

As per usual, and like most if not all threads on the Org, it's been hijacked as a battle ground.

I'm not going to bother starting any more threads as its just pointless now. Every damn time it comes down to a few Orgers having a go at each other over bloody politics, windfarms or when Tesco opens! If i wanted a thread about UKIP then i would start one, if i wanted a thread about Windfarms, then i would start one or if i wanted merely to say hi to somebody on here then i'll be better off phoning them instead of starting a thread. I would start a thread but im sure as hell that the thread would end up a warzone.

What has happened to the Org? looking through the archived threads, it was a decent but sometimes strongly opinionated forum, there were many members and active ones at that. The banter was good and you pretty much knew how far you could go before someone spat the dummy out......What have we now? about 15-16 regular users, half of which dont like the other half....and given half a chance they will stick the knife in at a moments notice......

WHAT A WONDERFUL IMPRESSION WE PRESENT OF CAITHNESS!

Whoa! Hang on Shaggy. You started the thread with two short lines, one of which stated, "IDS has a lot to answer for." And you think this didn't enter politics into the debate from the word go? Then you wrote a second post about "rumours" regarding the Government and this wasn't a political statement to be agreed with, or refuted? Comrade Flynn, of course, picked up the baton from you and turned the thread into a political weapon to be used against anyone who didn't agree with him. Nothing new there, then.

Should we have just agreed with whatever you thought and not wrote our own ideas on the subject? That wouldn't happen on the Org, or any other Forum ....... thank goodness.

I don't really get what you're complaining about here, Shaggy. :confused