PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads Wiper Thanks

WeeBurd
13-May-13, 23:33
Just a wee post to say thank you very much indeed, to the wonderful local gentleman who took the time to stop near Crossroads Primary School tonight, and assist a Burd in distress.

On a piddly, wet, windy evening, I suffered a wiper incident, i.e. one of my windscreen wipers decided it had had enough, and subsequently broke! Fortunately, I had a new wiper in the boot, but could I get it attached to the car?! It refused to fit. There I was, soaked to the skin, two impatient kids in the car, and I could not get it to attach.

After a good 20mins trying, a gentleman in a dark blue (estate?) car, pulled up and offered to help. The pair of us battled on for another 15 or more mins, still with no joy. Another 10mins, and I gave up, and slowly limped home defeated when the rain eased a little.

For the record, a Skype chat with MrBurd this evening, managed to resolve the issue within minutes- there was an extra fitting on the blade itself that had to be remove, grrrr! Wiper is now working a charm. :-)

Thank you once more, kind stranger, the fact that you took the time to stop, and offer some assistance, was so much appreciated - you truly are, one of life's good 'uns! :-D

Torvaig
14-May-13, 00:16
The kindness of strangers......

ducati
14-May-13, 07:51
Its amazing how often I buy spare parts and fit them to the boot! :lol:

stuart webster
15-May-13, 13:08
Sorry I couldn't fix it, but I'm not familiar with the intricacies of Zafira wipers. I would have had another go if you had still been there when I came back but you were gone. Just glad that you and the bairns got home safely.