PDA

View Full Version : please help!

baileys Bhoy
13-May-13, 16:51
What can I do about anti social behavior? Young boys and girls making rude gestures with there hands and rude comments to both myself and my daughter the main people in question live in our street but even friends of theirs have started doing it! even their mums are in on it. I have been to the police who say they can't do anything! I am an older lady and my daughter is in her early 20s neither of us can put up with it anymore. My son and his young family moved due to the same group of people. Please help

Flynn
13-May-13, 16:53
If you can get it on video. It's harassment, and the police must take your concerns seriously.

Alice in Blunderland
13-May-13, 17:02
If you can get it on video. It's harassment, and the police must take your concerns seriously.

You need to be very careful when videoing young people whatever the reason otherwise it could be you in trouble with the police.

openminder
13-May-13, 17:02
Iits awful,, i am being targeted at the moment over facebook,, which what was said was awful,, i went to the police,, but dont think anything is being done,, its abso disgusting this society these days,, there is people like you with familys and myself that needs the laws help,,:~(

starfish
13-May-13, 17:03
keep a record of it all dates what happen who was involved as flynn said a video evidence would be good the police have to take your complaints seriously if not then comtact your mp

Flynn
13-May-13, 17:04
You need to be very careful when videoing young people whatever the reason otherwise it could be you in trouble with the police.

Photography in public places is not illegal, and there are no laws about who or what you can photograph and video in a public place.

Bobinovich
13-May-13, 17:28
Iits awful,, i am being targeted at the moment over facebook,, which what was said was awful,, i went to the police,, but dont think anything is being done,, its abso disgusting this society these days,, there is people like you with familys and myself that needs the laws help,,:~(

Facebook comments, conversations, etc. can be copied / saved / printed as evidence...

orkneycadian
13-May-13, 17:28

Have you tried not using Facebook?

Bradcon
13-May-13, 17:44
name and shame them maybe it would stop then.

mi16
13-May-13, 19:16
What can I do about anti social behavior? Young boys and girls making rude gestures with there hands and rude comments to both myself and my daughter the main people in question live in our street but even friends of theirs have started doing it! even their mums are in on it. I have been to the police who say they can't do anything! I am an older lady and my daughter is in her early 20s neither of us can put up with it anymore. My son and his young family moved due to the same group of people. Please helpDo you react to them at all?

Alice in Blunderland
13-May-13, 19:32
Photography in public places is not illegal, and there are no laws about who or what you can photograph and video in a public place.

Stated as I know someone who did just this videod the neighbours kids who were harassing them and did have the police on their doorstep regardless of why they videoed the kids in the first place. Was a very unpleasant experience for them. In the end the couple I know moved house. Drastic measures but their only solution for sanity.

hells_belle
13-May-13, 20:13
to many muppets going about the county,i placed a thread up about lazy idiots not using the carpark across fron castletown post office,as a result the woman who runs post office has had muppets in blaiming her for thread,some folk are better ignored!!,there not worth a second thought!!

baileys Bhoy
13-May-13, 20:13
Mi16 - we just ignore it but it truley is annoying and I have young grandchildren that visit regularly... I would hate for them to learn it from our neighbours... To be honest the neighbour's have never liked us since we moved in.. but neither have they tried to get to know us... And we prefer to keep ourselves to ourselves, although we would speak to them if they made an effort. The neighbour's have always had something to say and my son and his young family moved due to the same treatment. Its just awful!

squidge
14-May-13, 00:15
Have you tried working with a mediator or an advocate to try to resolve the problem. There are services for both and it might just make life a bit easier. I dont suggest you knock on their door and try to sort it out yourselves, if feelings are running high then it might be a disaster but advocates and mediators may be able to help you all resolve things or at least start a dialogue.

Droopy
14-May-13, 06:24
Have you tried not using Facebook?Isn't it more important than food, water and oxygen though?.....

openminder
14-May-13, 08:30
No personally i did use fb but stopped,, personally i think it should be banned,,as a lot of gossip badmouthing and threatning behavior,, some people should grow up!!!

mi16
14-May-13, 18:14
Mi16 - we just ignore it but it truley is annoying and I have young grandchildren that visit regularly... I would hate for them to learn it from our neighbours... To be honest the neighbour's have never liked us since we moved in.. but neither have they tried to get to know us... And we prefer to keep ourselves to ourselves, although we would speak to them if they made an effort. The neighbour's have always had something to say and my son and his young family moved due to the same treatment. Its just awful!

I know it seems rash but I would try to go to each one of their doors individually and have a conversation about it when they are on their own and not in a pack, I would record it if at all possible (easy to do with a modern smartphone).
If that yields no fruit, then I would write a blog and name and shame them.
Bullies are always best dealt with head on, but without resorting to bullying tactics of your own.
Keep your head held high, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

poppett
14-May-13, 19:23
If you are a council tenant they will help you with addressing anti-social behaviour in conjunction with the police.

Having said that I was in Thurso Tesco this lunchtime and was absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of high school pupils (mostly boys) pushing folk in the aisles, swearing at people who were in their way, and general swearing for the sake of it.

There were young mum`s shopping with pre school aged children and they shouldn`t have to listen to this.

Management weren`t bothered, with the attitude being "It`s only for 40 minutes each day". If that is the shop`s attitude I am pleased I generally shop early in the morning before the little munchkins are up out of bed.