PDA

View Full Version : Driving in the snow

Tugmistress
20-Jan-07, 16:48
This Utube thingy is how not to do it lol

btw, for some reason i don't know, salting the roads in oregon is banned?

How not to drive in the snow! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk)

Angela
20-Jan-07, 17:00
My word! Reminds me of skidding on black ice on the A9.

After that the kids kept asking me when I was going to "do another stunt, Mum?" :o

neepnipper
20-Jan-07, 17:28
Are we going to get snow tomorrow?

Sky's very black at the moment but it'll come down as rain or hail stones.

Tugmistress
20-Jan-07, 17:30
it's liable to start tomorrow afternoon/evening through until wednesday from what i can see at the moment, though if nothing falls out of the sky to turn to snow we wont lol.

kas
20-Jan-07, 18:19
That is some show of driving
Maybe they should replace Dancing on Ice with Driving on ice, that would be far more fun to watch.

Geo
20-Jan-07, 18:46
btw, for some reason i don't know, salting the roads in oregon is banned?

Taken from the Oregon Department Of Transportation website:

Why doesn’t ODOT just use salt?
ODOT doesn’t use salt because it has detrimental effects to vehicles, structures and the environment. Salt, rock salt, or road salt are the common terms for sodium chloride, a product traditionally used in the eastern United States. While road salt is an effective tool for melting snow and ice, it also causes severe rust damage to vehicles, degrades the road surface, corrodes bridges, and may harm roadside vegetation.

ODOT has made a commitment to not use road salt and will only select products that are less likely to impact vehicles, the road surface, and the environment. The products used by ODOT are effective to help provide safe roadway travel conditions and are cost effective to use.

Woolie
20-Jan-07, 19:39
Remind me off brigde street on a good day lol[lol]

grumpyhippo
20-Jan-07, 19:55
Taken from the Oregon Department Of Transportation website:

ODOT has made a commitment to not use road salt and will only select products that are less likely to impact vehicles,

I would prefer the impact of salt on my vehicle than the impact of another vehicle on my car!! I know that I can wash salt off my vehicle but I've never tried to wash off a smashed in wing but I have a sneaking suspicion that it would be ineffective.:lol: :lol: