PDA

View Full Version : did any1 here what happened in wick last nght

kev
27-Feb-05, 13:40
did any1 here what happened in wick last nght it happened in dunnet avenue or somewhere near there ??? any 1??

Moira
27-Feb-05, 14:02
I heard Dunnett Avenue area was cordoned off by police around 11pm but do not know the reason why.

stuartty boi
27-Feb-05, 16:23
Last night a boy was almosted strangled in his own hoose by a man. The boy shouted for his dad who was up the stairs. His dad came down the stairs and threw the man out of the house. The man then collapsed and later died.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-Feb-05, 17:51
who were the people?

and who died the boy was strangled or the man trying to do the strangling?

Caledonia
27-Feb-05, 18:00
Perhaps it would be better to avoid speculation on something so serious.

;)

katarina
27-Feb-05, 18:31
perhaps it would be better not to name names here. but I believe the boy and his friends had been harrassing the elderly man for some time. On Saturday night they were throwing stones at his window. He chased who he percieved to be the ringleader and followed him into the house. The father did throw him out into the front garden where he landed on his hands and knees. I heard he was found dead in Green Road probably trying to get home.

katarina
27-Feb-05, 18:43
sorry ishould have said - the cause of death was a heart attack. We knew the old man and his wife. We are gutted.

skydivvy
27-Feb-05, 19:08
[quote="stuartty boi"]Last night a boy was almosted strangled in his own hoose by a man.

Surely that's a bit of an exageration! If you are being strangled, you cannot breath, let alone shout for yer fayther!

Fran
28-Feb-05, 02:43
:( Kattarina was right......He chased the boys from his home in Lousburgh street to dunnet Avenue, where one of the boys lived. He hada heart problem.He was found dead in Dunnet Avenue. Very sad.

skydivvy
28-Feb-05, 14:30
Maybe this will bring it home to these boys just how serious the consequences of their actions can be. I'm sure they just thought it was harmless fun, harrassing an elderly couple.

~~Tides~~
28-Feb-05, 18:21
Turns out that THAT BOY had scratched the mans car and had been harrassing him for weeks. What a sick way for a 76 year old to go. Because of some ignorant person that doesnt give a toss about anyone but himself. Obviously he has no idea of the consiquenses of his actions cos I saw him today acting the same as usual. It just makes you Sick! [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad]

smee
28-Feb-05, 18:25
I agree Tides but watch the spellin as we dont want to loose you cause off your language, but good shout anyway.

Bill Fernie
28-Feb-05, 18:33
This thread is into a very serious matter and is the subject of police enquiries. With that in mind can you please refrain from any speculation regarding the incident. The police are now appealing for witnesses in the period running up to the incident.

Given that there are categoric statments in this thread it would seem politic that those of you making these statements contact the police immediately to confirm what you have said here.

I have spoken to the police and confirmed that a statement about the incident is about to be issued and making the appeal for witnesses to come forward.

In deference to the family however can you please not make any further speculative comments and no doubt there will be further statements from the police in due course.