PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i'm new!

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 16:33
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at this forum for a while now but only just got round to joining up.

I currently live in Surrey with my other half (Michael) and we are hoping to move to Caithness area within the next year.

Any advice with relocating / job hunting / house hunting would be much appreciated!!

I currently work in an office as a marketing assistant and Michael is self employed as a builder.

We have heard that there would be no problem at all for Michael to get building work as they are in short supply in this area - is this true?

Anyway apart from that I enjoy a good natter and look forward to getting to know some of you!

Thanks

Victoria :)

Piglet
18-Jan-07, 16:49
Hi Victoria

Welcome to .org & happy chatting & posting :Razz

Enjoy

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 16:50
Thanks Piglet and nice to meet you :)

golach
18-Jan-07, 17:02
Welcome Victoria & Michael to the .Org

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 17:04
Nice to meet you golach

Whitewater
18-Jan-07, 17:22
Welcome both, there is pleanty of building work in the area.

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 17:30
Thanks Whitewater!

I can send 'im indoors off to work and live a life of luxury! hahah :lol:

Does anyone on here do any kind of remote working from home etc ??

bobsgirl
18-Jan-07, 17:53
Hi Victoria,
Welcome to you and Michael to the Org.
Hope you have a fab time posting.

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 17:55
thanks for the welcome bobsgirl - hope to chat soon

lin
18-Jan-07, 18:17
Welcome Victoria and Michael, enjoy the org and happy posting.:)

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 18:18
Thanks lin

Everyone is being so nice!!:D

cuddlepop
18-Jan-07, 18:37
Hello Victoria,
Welcome to the Org,happy :D posting

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 18:38
nice to meet you cuddlepop

willow
18-Jan-07, 18:44
hi victoria nice meetin u,well i,m new to this as well

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 18:46
Hi Willow, i just saw your post.

So whereabouts in Caithness did you live? Can you give me any pointers about moving to the area?

Apologies to everyone about all the questions its just that I want to find out as much as I can!

johno
18-Jan-07, 18:49
Hello Victoria and Michael & welcome to the org and Caithness
both of you should,nt have any bother getting jobs. im sure you will love it up here. look forward to seeing your posts in the future.
all the best Johno
:eyes :D

willow
18-Jan-07, 18:49
well i lived there until i was 7 or 8 so i,m now 33 so it been a long time and i think i still ave relatives up there

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 18:57
Hello Victoria and Michael & welcome to the org and Caithness
both of you should,nt have any bother getting jobs. im sure you will love it up here. look forward to seeing your posts in the future.
all the best Johno
:eyes :D

Thanks Johno,

Its so good to talk to people that love the area

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 19:00
well i lived there until i was 7 or 8 so i,m now 33 so it been a long time and i think i still ave relatives up there

ahh right!

danc1ngwitch
18-Jan-07, 19:24
welcome and have fun xx for u both

johno
18-Jan-07, 19:49
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at this forum for a while now but only just got round to joining up.

I currently live in Surrey with my other half (Michael) and we are hoping to move to Caithness area within the next year.

Any advice with relocating / job hunting / house hunting would be much appreciated!!

I currently work in an office as a marketing assistant and Michael is self employed as a builder.

We have heard that there would be no problem at all for Michael to get building work as they are in short supply in this area - is this true?

Anyway apart from that I enjoy a good natter and look forward to getting to know some of you!

Thanks

Victoria :) hey victoria, you r gonna be an orger in no time at all. 30 posts and u r there? another celebration

DarkAngel
18-Jan-07, 19:50
Hello Victoria..Welcome to the Org! Have fun posting! x;)

paris
18-Jan-07, 19:53
Hi V & M welcome to the org and hope you have lots of fun, i do ! jan x

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 19:54
hey victoria, you r gonna be an orger in no time at all. 30 posts and u r there? another celebration

Woohooo!!! :lol: hahaha!

Hopefully I'll be one in person soon enough!

badger
18-Jan-07, 19:59
Hi Victoria and welcome. Better warn Michael he'll be killed in the rush as plenty of demand for builders up here. Maybe you could even build your own house, seems like the thing to do these days. Whereabouts do you live in Surrey? I lived there for many years and still regularly visit. You'll find it much quieter up here, emptier roads, free parking, lots of lovely sky and space.

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 20:03
Hi Victoria and welcome. Better warn Michael he'll be killed in the rush as plenty of demand for builders up here. Maybe you could even build your own house, seems like the thing to do these days. Whereabouts do you live in Surrey? I lived there for many years and still regularly visit. You'll find it much quieter up here, emptier roads, free parking, lots of lovely sky and space.

Haha! Thanks badger! note taken about the rush!

We live in Epsom and we've just struggled to get our foot on the property ladder and have just bought a 2 bedroom flat even though we don't really want to live around here.

The plan is that we do a 'let to buy' mortage on our flat here and buy somwhere in Caithness.

.....It just that we have to take a deep breath and actually do it now!!! hehe

Where is Surrey are you from?;)

Orger
18-Jan-07, 20:09
Hi there Victoria....

I hope you have a good time on here and also in Caithness...

Jobs should be quite easy to find... just a pity i never new any thats on the go, that matches what your looking for... Good luck on the Job Hunt..

As for house hunting.... are you looking to live in one of the toons.. eg. Wick, Thurso... or you and the hubby looking for a more rural house, out in the country..?

WELCOME & HAPPY POSTING

Alice in Blunderland
18-Jan-07, 20:18
Hello and welcome and can I just say you definately want to live up here life is so eaaasssyyyy. :cool: Tea ,coffe and scones at this house anytime .:D

donnalee1994
18-Jan-07, 20:24
Hi and welcome to the org,it's a good crack on here hope you enjoy it :lol:

Bobbyian
18-Jan-07, 20:54
Hi Victoria and Willow Happy postings and tea plus scones at Alice`s or we could go to the pub bye for now

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 21:00
Hi Victoria and Willow Happy postings and tea plus scones at Alice`s or we could go to the pub bye for now

How about tea and scones at Alice's and then the pub?

hehe[lol]

Foxy
18-Jan-07, 21:16
Hi Victoria and welcome to the org. :)

johnlc
18-Jan-07, 21:20
Hi there victoria
hope you like it up here when u move up.Its quite a nice place.Been here for 20yrs and plan to stay the rest.Happy orging:D

Bobbyian
18-Jan-07, 21:23
is that ok Alice or was it too full yesterday , how about treacle scones with chedder ,Onion,and chutney if Alice okays then see you ther Victoria

emb123
18-Jan-07, 21:44
Hi Victoria - I'm new here myself - I'm sure you'll be happy here - it's a great bunch of people!

Victoria
18-Jan-07, 21:49
Hi Victoria - I'm new here myself - I'm sure you'll be happy here - it's a great bunch of people!

Hi Emb123.

Everyone has been very kind to me and I feel at home already

Woolie
18-Jan-07, 21:50
Hi Victora and Micheal and welcome to the org I myself am from Kent and have lived in Wick for near on 6 yrs and i love it here, I think when u make the move u will not regret I can tell the poeple r great and it is just a great place to live.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Jan-07, 22:12
Gosh last night was fun and Weeboyagee nearly had a fit when he came home. :eek: I am so glad the pub is right in front of the house as it can cope with any extra folks that cant fit into the house, and mmmmm that reminds me they make real chips .

Treacle scones no probs. Cheddar, onions and chutney, thats okay as well....but I guess you wont be getting any kisses then fom anyone :lol:

Mad1man
19-Jan-07, 02:49
Vicotria and Michael - I moved here with family 11 1/2 years ago - could not have picked a better place to bring up my children. My wife and I would only consider moving south again in an extreme emergency. Caithness is home and the people here are welcoming.

badger
19-Jan-07, 12:13
Haha! Thanks badger! note taken about the rush!

We live in Epsom and we've just struggled to get our foot on the property ladder and have just bought a 2 bedroom flat even though we don't really want to live around here.

The plan is that we do a 'let to buy' mortage on our flat here and buy somwhere in Caithness.

.....It just that we have to take a deep breath and actually do it now!!! hehe

Where is Surrey are you from?;)
I've lived all over London but also in Kew (never quite know if that's London or Surrey) and finally in Kingston - to be exact Long Ditton. You've done well to buy in Epsom as I'm horrified by prices down there, although they are shooting up here.

I see you're asking about Watten which is fairly near me. It's a nice village with a really beautiful Loch. Does have the main Thurso/Wick road running straight through it. Also seems to get very wet weather. Inland tends to be wetter and often colder than the coast but Watten does seem to get more than it's fair share of rain.

Do you plan a trip up here before you finally take the plunge? Maybe a holiday would be a good idea so you can have a good look round.

plumber
19-Jan-07, 15:49
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_124.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) [/URL] Wecome to the org Victoria, have fun

[URL="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZS&utm_id=7922"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZS (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

Victoria
19-Jan-07, 15:56
thanks plumber!

Ricco
19-Jan-07, 16:42
Hi, Victoria. Welcome to the wonder of the org. ;)

Victoria
19-Jan-07, 17:28
:D cheers ricco

crashbandicoot1979
19-Jan-07, 17:34
Welcome to the org Victoria.

Have you been up to Caithness before? Its a nice place, and we're friendly people :)

Victoria
19-Jan-07, 18:10
Welcome to the org Victoria.

Have you been up to Caithness before? Its a nice place, and we're friendly people :)

Hi Crashbandicoot - nice to meet you.

I've been up quite a few time now and hoping to move up permanantly soon!

Everybody is very friendly

stratman
19-Jan-07, 20:37
Welcome.

I moved to Caithness a year ago and love it. I am sure you shall too. I believe that if you want large buileding project completing there is no problem. But if you want smaller jobs tackling it is difficult to find a builder. No experience my self but this is what I hear. Hope all goes to plan.

stevep
19-Jan-07, 21:45
Hi Victoria

We are in a similar position to you we are currently in Kent and are moving to Caithness in the next 3-4 months. If you need any advice on moving etc please let me know.

This is a great place to start as all the people are very welcoming.

Hope to meet you in Caithness.

Woolie
19-Jan-07, 21:52
Hi Victoria

We are in a similar position to you we are currently in Kent and are moving to Caithness in the next 3-4 months. If you need any advice on moving etc please let me know.

This is a great place to start as all the people are very welcoming.

Hope to meet you in Caithness.Where abouts in Kent r u stevep I am from Kent myself but have lived in wick for nearly 6 yrs and we love it here come from Deal orignally but have lived in dover tonbrige and tunbridge wells too sure u will be really happy here. We hired a 7 ton truck and did ourselfs was to expensive any other way.

stevep
19-Jan-07, 22:31
Woolie

We currently live in Hawkhurst just south of tonbridge and tunbridge wells. We to are looking at hiring a lorry as you say the costs for removals are prohibitive.

We hope to meet you when we move up. The first round is on me.

Sapphire2803
19-Jan-07, 22:47
Hi Victoria :)

We moved up from Hampshire a year ago in March and we absolutely love it. We have friends who have visited us and are now seriously considering moving up. It really is a fantastic place to live.
We sold up all but the bare essentials and hired a 7.5 tonne lorry to move up... much cheaper.

Victoria
19-Jan-07, 23:28
Hi all,

Thanks Steve.

I was born in kent - in Gillingham.

Hope to see you up in the highlands soon and I hope your move goes well.

Please keep in touch and let me know how its all going.

Woolie
20-Jan-07, 19:47
Woolie

We currently live in Hawkhurst just south of tonbridge and tunbridge wells. We to are looking at hiring a lorry as you say the costs for removals are prohibitive.

We hope to meet you when we move up. The first round is on me.
Brill I know hawkhurst I 'll look forward to that as i say the peeps here r great my family vist often and can't get over how firendly they r good luck on the move u won't regret it.

Woolie
20-Jan-07, 19:49
Hi all,

Thanks Steve.

I was born in kent - in Gillingham.

Hope to see you up in the highlands soon and I hope your move goes well.

Please keep in touch and let me know how its all going.hi Victora know gillingham too and chatham and maidstone good luck on the move.

fudge100
20-Jan-07, 22:30
welcome victoria and michael happy orging. i moved here 10 years ago and i love it up here,i think youl fit in here fine.

foxy-jnr
21-Jan-07, 20:19
Hi Victoria and welcome to the org. :) Happy posting.

Jimmy43
23-Jan-07, 02:20
Hi all at the org. just signed up a few days ago, great site,took me a day to figure out how to post...but got it now, nice to meet all al you.... thanks ... Jimmy43:)

Fran
23-Jan-07, 03:45
Welcome Vistoria and micheal, have happy times on the org and hope you have a good move to Caithness. i remember the Epsom races very well, and all the lovely hats!!!