PDA

View Full Version : Lose weight by laughing....

emb123
18-Jan-07, 14:45
Well I never....!

Laughter can keep the weight off
Giggling for just 15 minutes a day burns enough calories to shed up to 5lbs of fat over a year, work shows.

A big belly laugh uses about the same energy as walking more than half a mile, the US study in the International Journal of Obesity suggests.
Laughing makes the heart beat faster and works many different muscles.

rest of the article here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6274119.stm

danc1ngwitch
18-Jan-07, 15:56
i know that when i have a good giggle, my tummy begins to hurt just as if i had done a small run...

Dusty
18-Jan-07, 21:25
I'd probably have to watch Only Fools and Horses, One Foot in the Grave, Open All Hours, Faulty Towers etc. etc. etc. for months on end before there would be any noticable effect.
Can you get Peter Kay DVDs on the NHS? Do BUPA provide tickets for Robin Williams gigs?

Dusty.

emb123
18-Jan-07, 21:30
Fawlty towers would do it for me - I cannot watch it - it's too physically painful!

Alice in Blunderland
18-Jan-07, 22:18
mmmm five children later and the only thing I lose when laughing, sneezing, coughing, is control of my bladder :eek: :lol:

badger
19-Jan-07, 15:05
Be very careful - when I was young there was a saying "Laugh and grow fat" - so you might just go the wrong way.

danc1ngwitch
19-Jan-07, 19:34
mmmm five children later and the only thing I lose when laughing, sneezing, coughing, is control of my bladder :eek: :lol:

oh nooo lol, well i have tested ma bladder an its fine thank the stars, winks at the moon lol but i must say loosin weight i really feel for the people who have to bide by the whole agony of diet... me i will stick ta exercise for now and if ma bladder gives me chip i will blame ma 6 kids lol ( was there another thread about blame )

North Rhins
19-Jan-07, 19:53
Is this thread being sponsored by ‘Tena Lady?’

Alice in Blunderland
19-Jan-07, 20:23
Is this thread being sponsored by ‘Tena Lady?’

Well if it is I could do with a couple of freebies so that I can start losing weight.:lol:

North Rhins
19-Jan-07, 20:27
I’ve got five kids, then I found out what was causing them, so that was that. :(

Alice in Blunderland
19-Jan-07, 20:58
I’ve got five kids, then I found out what was causing them, so that was that. :(

Me too . Each one left me with a few extra pounds and thats my excuse and Im sticking to it.;)

mareng
19-Jan-07, 22:23
Roy "Chubby" Brown and Bernard Manning would kind of destroy that theory...............

sweetpea
20-Jan-07, 00:33
I've laughed all my life even when I'm nervous or feeling down and I know it keeps you slim cause I eat like a pig and have been a size 10 all my life and I'd definately attribute having a right good cackle over things to be the one thing that keeps me like this. That and overactive thyroid probably or quick metabolic rate. Not sure but laughter is the best medicine for me.[lol] :lol: