PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played the market bar, Inverness?

moncur
18-Jan-07, 14:39
If anyone has any recent experience of the Market Bar, can u tell me what sort of house PA they have? and is it any good? want to save space on the journey down by leaving our PA at home.

Jeid
18-Jan-07, 15:17
Would it not make sense to contact the venue?

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Jan-07, 16:04
Played there many a time. The P.A. (last time I was there) was a small Peavey rig. Tiny, in fact. But you have to bear in mind that the Market Bar is the size of a rabbit hutch. Or, compact as an Edinburgh estate agent might say. The locals there love live music and always give bands a fair crack of the whip. You will enjoy it. I just hope your drummer has a tiny kit!

Jeid
18-Jan-07, 16:41
Don't think there is a drummer Pepsi

sweetpea
18-Jan-07, 19:31
Never played but this brings back memories of my younger days, I loved the place and you could go there guaranteed a great gig. It is tiny but great atmoshphere but usually the crowd were very far gone if you know what I mean. At one time anyone could bring a guitar along and play. There and the gellions. Be nice to hear how you get on!

the_big_mac
18-Jan-07, 23:24

Oh there is my friend! They are in for a shock ;)

moncur
18-Jan-07, 23:26

Oh yes there is!!!

Its the big mac on drums and yes pepsi he has a set of arbiter flats to thump so we're sorted for a small kit. I seen fotos of the place the other day and most of our crew are coming down too so we'll be lucky if we can fit anyone from inverness in!

PS Jeid. Calum is the person who is in contact with the bar and all he knew was that there was a PA there but didnt ask bout its capabilities.

moncur
18-Jan-07, 23:28
Played there many a time. The P.A. (last time I was there) was a small Peavey rig. Tiny, in fact. But you have to bear in mind that the Market Bar is the size of a rabbit hutch. Or, compact as an Edinburgh estate agent might say. The locals there love live music and always give bands a fair crack of the whip. You will enjoy it. I just hope your drummer has a tiny kit!

Will the PA do for just vocals? we're basically just doing an acoustic set if that gives u an idea of what volume we're goin for?

Jeid
19-Jan-07, 00:32
Oh there is my friend! They are in for a shock ;)

My lord... the cider can throwing ned(this statement will have relevance in a month or so... take note) is gonna be on the stool again? Awesome!

Just give them a ring Moncur... I'm sure they'll be helpful enough in telling you what's available.

Gleber2
19-Jan-07, 13:46
Tony Macphee, guitarist of note, was booked to play there, took one look and left. Good luck.:)

moncur
19-Jan-07, 14:10
Tony Macphee, guitarist of note, was booked to play there, took one look and left. Good luck.:)

OK, bit miffed as too why. we're basically just tryin to get ourselves known in inverness with this first gig.

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Jan-07, 14:20
Nivir heid eh owld salt. Just go doon, plug in and have a good time. You will.

Gleber2
19-Jan-07, 14:36
OK, bit miffed as too why. we're basically just tryin to get ourselves known in inverness with this first gig.

Tony Macphee has played some of the biggest gigs in the world and the Market didn't meet his specifications. A fussy chap. I last played the Market in 1974 as a duo and it was cramped. Good young crowd these days and it is a good intro to Inverness. Have fun!!!

lagertops
19-Jan-07, 21:45
When is the gig?

moncur
20-Jan-07, 16:19
When is the gig?

Saturday 28th April. Not for some time, I know. But i need to get posters arranged etc.

Hope to see u there

the_big_mac
21-Jan-07, 12:40
My lord... the cider can throwing ned(this statement will have relevance in a month or so... take note) is gonna be on the stool again? Awesome!

Just give them a ring Moncur... I'm sure they'll be helpful enough in telling you what's available.

How a month? :confused

Jeid
21-Jan-07, 20:51
All shall be revealed!

the_big_mac
22-Jan-07, 11:38
All shall be revealed!

Fair enough. I can wait. [evil] :D