PDA

View Full Version : Slow

DarkAngel
17-Jan-07, 22:34
Is it just my computer or is the org and that chatrooms running a little slower recently..Lastnite the chatroom about 6pm-ish was slow..waiting about 7 seconds before my post appeared in the chatroom...Maybe its becoz my computer is full of photos and files! lol:lol:

cuddlepop
17-Jan-07, 22:57
Our computor.s slow too,dont think its just the Org.
Have internet `slow`problems fot ages.:eek:

North Rhins
17-Jan-07, 23:05
My computer seems a bit slow tonight but we are experiencing gale force winds. Seriously, the windier it gets the worse the internet connection gets. As BT explained ‘ well, you’re a bit too far away from the exchange, you’re right on the edge.’ Now I wonder if anyone has heard that little gem before?

johno
18-Jan-07, 19:58
Mine was getting slow too, I got rid of lots of stuff that i did,nt use anymore & that speeded things up a ways. Now i,ve renewed the whole thing last week to A new pc and the difference is un believable. [FAST]. :cool:

Orger
18-Jan-07, 20:12
Is it just my computer or is the org and that chatrooms running a little slower recently..Lastnite the chatroom about 6pm-ish was slow..waiting about 7 seconds before my post appeared in the chatroom...Maybe its becoz my computer is full of photos and files! lol:lol:

Could be your pc or its internet connection.... but i think caithness.org i running a wee bit slow these days...

I was having the same problems, so i tried another pc but it was still the same... so i guess caithness.org is just going a wee bit slower..!

donnalee1994
18-Jan-07, 20:15
Your not on your own DarkAngel mine was running very slow last night and only on the org so dont worry too much :mad:

johno
22-Jan-07, 17:37
Your not on your own DarkAngel mine was running very slow last night and only on the org so dont worry too much :mad: yea mine is now running slow but only on caithness org at 4.30 tonight. its ok every where else
:roll:

rfr10
22-Jan-07, 17:43
I couldn't get on Caithness.org a wee while ago.

cuddlepop
22-Jan-07, 17:44
I couldn't get on for a wee while this afternoon internet couldn't esablish connection:(

donnalee1994
22-Jan-07, 18:33
Ive had so much trouble logging on to the org today,lets me on but not on the boards,anyone else or just me? :mad:

DarkAngel
22-Jan-07, 21:35
Yes i also had problems logging into the Org yesterday and today aswell..Said that it could not be found? Must be weather lol :D

Bobinovich
22-Jan-07, 22:42
I believe the Org is in line for a new dedicated server in the future when funding becomes available, which should make things much better. I'm sure any donations to their fund would be gratefully received!

The Org was definately unavailable for a wee while this afternoon but I'm unsure how long for.

Now to dispell a few myths...

1. Although PCs can be slowed down by programs running in the background, IMO it's rare (but not impossible) with the large size of modern hard drives, that simply removing photos, music, etc. will speed up a computer.

2. Likewise, unless the programs running in the background are accessing the Internet simultaneously, they should not affect your Internet speed. However as more and more programs are using auto-update features thesedays they can (combined) make a sizeable dent in your speed. They should only do so for a little while and are most likely to do so when you first connect to the Net or, for router users, when your PC is first turned on.

3. I've found no proof that the weather affects Internet speeds, despite hearing many saying it seems to. You may have problems with your phone line (either internally or externally, due to damp, etc.) which CAN affect line quality and subsequently Internet speed but that's about it as far as I'm aware.

johno
22-Jan-07, 22:55
i would be glad to donate to a caithness org fund. i enjoy the org so i reckon i aught to put something back in. if donations are acceptable post a notice saying where to send it. im sure there are many more like me who would be glad to donate